Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    It's amazing how marketing is a new thing for so many people to discover.
    I know it's not a new thing. My point is that Blizzard will ALWAYS give content creators invites without fail while every other player just has to pray they win the beta invite lottery.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I know it's not a new thing. My point is that Blizzard will ALWAYS give content creators invites without fail while every other player just has to pray they win the beta invite lottery.
    If you think.. Really try.. Would you do the same as bellular, mrgm, signsofkellani, preach etc etc etc etc in regards of testing? Hell, even mythic raiders, cause they know All about the class they Are playing for most of the time.
    But ofc you need some casuals Bobs aswell. They tend to find the outdoor mistakes, cause they like the game for the game. And not just chars and progression.
    Most of those ppl try All chars, look at All changes, cause they Are making videos about it for the rest of us. That either dont want to play a buggy beta or dont have it. Stop crying already.

Ok and I've been subscribed to WoW without a break since Wrath and have never gotten a single beta invite. It's widely known that Blizzard will throw invites to big streamers even if that streamer doesn't stream WoW that often. So saying that they made an ignorant comment really does nothing but how ignorant YOU are.
    You completely missed why it was called ignorant. The post basically tried to state that if you are not a streamer, you won't get an invite. THAT is ignorant and wrong.

seeing as my last beta invite was MoP i've no hope whatsoever i'll get one this time

Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    Beta invites aren't random. They target people who actually provided Beta feedback in previous Betas.

If you ever downloaded a Beta / PTR game (Diablo 3, Overwatch, any WoW Open Beta or PTR, etc.) and never used the little bug report window, you've probably screwed yourself out of a Shadowlands Closed Beta.
    That's like... Your theory... And likely wrong.

I've been in every beta since cata, and I never reported anything because I didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You completely missed why it was called ignorant. The post basically tried to state that if you are not a streamer, you won't get an invite. THAT is ignorant and wrong.
    It's MOSTLY true, though. Isn't 100% accurate? No. But there is an exceptionally high chance that you won't get a beta invite if you're not a content creator.

It's MOSTLY true, though. Isn't 100% accurate? No. But there is an exceptionally high chance that you won't get a beta invite if you're not a content creator.
    well, considering the fact that they gave out hundreds of invites to CR/HoF raiders last week, id say its not entirely true. on top of the random people who havent played retail in a while. but yeah, at first its all F&F and content creators

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    well, considering the fact that they gave out hundreds of invites to CR/HoF raiders last week, id say its not entirely true. on top of the random people who havent played retail in a while. but yeah, at first its all F&F and content creators
    Most top end raiders are content creators since they either stream the raids or put them on YouTube. So of course they'll get invites.

Quote Originally Posted by MageInACan View Post
    Are you a streamer or public figure? If you answered no, then Blizzard doesn't give a rat's ass about your input. Unless you can advertise (for free) you don't mean a daaaamn thing to them.
    To be fair, they don't care about a streamers input. They just love the free publicity.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MageInACan View Post
    Are you a streamer or public figure? If you answered no, then Blizzard doesn't give a rat's ass about your input. Unless you can advertise (for free) you don't mean a daaaamn thing to them.
    My friend wasn't either, she still got Alpha.

That's because the content creators actually help Blizzard in more ways than you do with your monthly subscription.
    "Uæææ, this worker at my work is doing more work than me, and is getting more pay because of it!!1111111" <-- This is what your whiny little ass sounds like .

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    To be fair, they don't care about a streamers input. They just love the free publicity.
    The publicity a streamer has also means their voice carries more weight though, so in effect they do care more about a streamer's input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    That's because the content creators actually help Blizzard in more ways than you do with your monthly subscription.
    "Uæææ, this worker at my work is doing more work than me, and is getting more pay because of it!!1111111" <-- This is what your whiny little ass sounds like .
    People literally use any kind of excuse to pretend like their childish whining about not getting beta is justified. It's both funny and sad.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I got one for BfA, I will probably get one for SL - only time will tell, I am happy farming shit in BfA

I'm one of those that doesn't stream, but I've been in every beta since I can remember. Participate in most PTRs, as well. I've probably submitted hundreds of bug reports and feedback reports. Still not in the SL beta.

From what I've gathered over the years, nowadays there probably is a quota system when the beta invites go out (at least in the early stages). Streamers and ultra high-end raiders get a larger weighted portion, for certain. Very small amount are randomly selected at the start. As the beta goes on, the ratio of streamer/ultra high-end raider invites goes down and random invites go up, mostly because the former group isn't that large. While I can understand why they may do this, it has some serious drawbacks... such as you get a tunneled feedback from a group of players that don't necessarily reflect the wishes/desires, or even the perspectives, of the average player.

Personally, I'm still a bit miffed after the 8.3 PTR as most of my reports seemed like they were ignored when 8.3 went live (despite having made multiple reports about certain issues weeks in advance on the PTR). For example, people remember that massive ban wave that went out for people farming the major invasion chest that was almost instantly reverted? Remember how the blue post in response said Blizz thought it was the result of exploitative behavior, and after an investigation it was the result of normal play and not exploitative? I had been making reports of that issue for weeks on the PTR after ever new build, even stating that it was probably borderline exploitation and not intended behavior to infinitely farm chest keys. Had similar reports about corruptions and other systems that were broken as hell, and every time I see a blue post after a fix that goes "oh my, we didn't see this coming and had no idea, we swear!"... just makes me not want to do any constructive testing or send in feedback reports.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Beta invites won't stop going out until usually the final 2 weeks which is looking to be mid/late October now that was my guess. The fact that they are raid testing already means they are ahead of schedule in a lot of ways and they can focus more on the class balance soon.

My whole raid team except one player got an invite last week. They were in on our nzoth kill and people who joined after the kill got invites.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another invite wave just went out. Looks like it's mostly CE raiders again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Beta invites are pretty random in my experience. Two of my guildmates just got an invite and neither of them are streamers, competitive raiders, or anything like that.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Beta invites are pretty random in my experience. Two of my guildmates just got an invite and neither of them are streamers, competitive raiders, or anything like that.
    Mate of mine got invite and hasnt been subbed for 3 months - to be fair, first time his sub has dropped since vanilla so.....yeah..... His account has multiple minor infractions on it (character names etc, nothing serious just silly shit), although he did start in vanilla with the rest of us. I am sure there are factors taken into consideration that EXCLUDE you from an invite, but outside of those criteria, it seems random.

Anyone saying there is no random element to beta invites is just not correct. I've been invited to the last three expansion betas and I am not a streamer, not a public figure, and have provided maybe a grand total of 1-2 bug reports between all of the betas combined. I haven't even been in an actual guild since 2004-06 when I raided briefly. I play solo and do group finder/LFR, if at all. I also have cancelled my account for several months during most expansions, so I don't have an uninterrupted subscription.

I only log on to betas for a few hours to explore the zones a little and listen to the new music once it's added. There's absolutely no reason for them to invite me to each beta over the last few years unless I was randomly chosen, because I contribute nothing.