10+ Year Old Account
    Shitty owner, shitty coach, shitty organization.
    /s

2 first round picks seems like a lot for a safety they will need to pay a lot of money after 1 year. Then again, they are probably used to no 1st round picks at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 1sts and a player.

There's a swap of 3rds and 4ths in as well. The Jets got a lot out of this trade.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    2 1sts and a player.

There's a swap of 3rds and 4ths in as well. The Jets got a lot out of this trade.
    Jets have to be high fiving each other. Don't have to overpay for a safety and have two 1st rounders to pick up other players. Though the GM might not be around to use those picks it still is a potential win for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can accumulate all the picks they want, doesn't do much good if they can't reach extensions.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    They can accumulate all the picks they want, doesn't do much good if they can't reach extensions.
    I mean the dude had multiple years left on his deal (if assuming Franchise tag). The Jets had the leverage here. We're talking about a safety not a quarterback. Screw that noise. Good riddance for them I feel.

I doubt they're gonna franchise a safety. It came out today that part of the trade was Adams agreeing to playing out this final year on his rookie contract, and no guarantees on his extension in the off-season.

I'm on the side that the Jets won. I'm thinking the Jets GM (who is new-ish iirc and didn't hire Gase?) is banking some draft capital if he needs to fire Gase and do a partial rebuild, including maybe even moving on from Darnold. 2 1st this year and a 2 firsts next year could net you Trevor Lawrence if whoever finishes last doesn't need a QB. Hell, the Jets might even finish last.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Seahawks seem to like doing this. Trading for guys near the end of their deal and then deciding if they want to let them walk or pay them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The Seahawks seem to like doing this. Trading for guys near the end of their deal and then deciding if they want to let them walk or pay them.
    Well he has two years and a potential tag year, so its not exactly near the end.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I doubt they're gonna franchise a safety. It came out today that part of the trade was Adams agreeing to playing out this final year on his rookie contract, and no guarantees on his extension in the off-season.

I'm on the side that the Jets won. I'm thinking the Jets GM (who is new-ish iirc and didn't hire Gase?) is banking some draft capital if he needs to fire Gase and do a partial rebuild, including maybe even moving on from Darnold. 2 1st this year and a 2 firsts next year could net you Trevor Lawrence if whoever finishes last doesn't need a QB. Hell, the Jets might even finish last.
    The only way the Seahawks win this trade is if coronavirus really fucks up the draft for 2 years. Otherwise I don't like the move.

And if you trade that much for him, you better sign him.

Fuck me, Chargers just signed Joey Bosa to a 4 year extension worth $135m, $102 of which is guaranteed. He gets SEVENTY EIGHT MILLION as a signing bonus.

New record for a DE.

I hate the Bosas with a passion so this doubly hurts.

10+ Year Old Account
    That really welds shut the door on the seahawks getting Clowney. Honestly don't think he plays this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    That really welds shut the door on the seahawks getting Clowney. Honestly don't think he plays this season.
    Honestly, If I was a player that had a lot left in the tank and I was fighting injury as Clowney has been in the past I'd be tempted to sit out this season "due to COVID-19". So then I could heal up really good and then come back having 3 or 4 more years longer career than just a shorter one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah so the hot facepalm in Wisconsin today is the Packers only addition at WR decided to opt out yesterday. Great work upgrading Rodgers' weapons, gang.

Especially sucks now that we see the Chiefs actually did their job and drafted a RB so they aren't as impacted by Damien Williams opting out today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Antonio Brown given an 8 game suspension, double that of Greg Hardy, four times that of Ray Rice.
    /s

AB says he'll serve the suspension without appealing. Maybe a step in the right direction for rehabbing his image?

10+ Year Old Account
    AB says he'll serve the suspension without appealing. Maybe a step in the right direction for rehabbing his image?
    I dunno I get the feeling if he's signed suddenly he'll appeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't he need to be signed to a roster for the suspension to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Doesn't he need to be signed to a roster for the suspension to start?
    Actually no. The NFL said it'll expire after week 8, whether or not he signs with a team.

I think 8 weeks of football.