Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How gimped is a new boosted feral druid in BGs ?

I want to play Feral Druid in SL, so i thought i wanted to use 120 boost now, and do some pvp until SL hits.

Im not experienced with pvp, and i dont know the "rules".

- How punishing will it be, when he has no gear, no azerites and no corruptions?

Thanks in advance

As much punishing as for every fresh 120.
    You should do some pve stuff to get up to 430 in no time.
    Unlock Nazjatar (for neck upgrade), buy benthic Azerite (epic Azerite is better than boosted Azerite), do the cloak questline.
    If you did these small things it will be way way easier in pvp.

There aren't any rules in pvp. Either you kill, or you die.
    Without just a min amount of gear, you die.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-07-26 at 10:18 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    You're gonna get twoshot by anyone with gear.

Any fresh 120 will be completely non-competitive. It takes a long time and a LOT of grinding daily stuff to get corrupted items that puts you on par with others. It's the sole thing really keeping me from playing BfA at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Any fresh 120 will be completely non-competitive. It takes a long time and a LOT of grinding daily stuff to get corrupted items that puts you on par with others. It's the sole thing really keeping me from playing BfA at the moment.
    I really dont understand why they would make it that way in battlegrounds and pvp. It should be an equal playing field, and if you really wanted the upperhand because of your PvE super gear, then you could do pvp in the open world.

/shrug

The good news are. You won’t see a difference between a fresh level 120 feral and a full geared one. Both do nothing

ArenaDK, have you seen how much damage ferals do when they're stacked with Severe and Gushing Wounds along with the staff from Maut?

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    I would say that depends highly on skill, but sure.
    2,6 xp feral here. Yes it does, but while you could somehow make plays , specially in bg with stealth. You will start out as a worse rogue and stay a worse rogue no matter your gear.

There is no reason to play feral at the moment and not dh or rogue instead

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    2,6 xp feral here. Yes it does, but while you could somehow make plays , specially in bg with stealth. You will start out as a worse rogue and stay a worse rogue no matter your gear.

There is no reason to play feral at the moment and not dh or rogue instead
    Really? Because there's 4 Feral Druids in top 3v3 before the first Havoc DH. Considering how much less popular Feral is than Havoc, I'd say that's pretty telling that Feral (PvP) is fine in 8.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Really? Because there's 4 Feral Druids in top 3v3 before the first Havoc DH. Considering how much less popular Feral is than Havoc, I'd say that's pretty telling that Feral (PvP) is fine in 8.3.
    What ? It’s two times tony infront of the first dh and then cassidy after. Insane.

Reminds me of the time when dk was bad and only Cervantes was in the top 100 even in the top 10. so Dk was good because one person ?

Yeah no. That’s not how it works, also they are probabl all sitting rating since before the corruption Nerfs / changes hurting feral even more
    Last edited by ArenaDk; 2020-07-29 at 03:29 PM.

What ? It’s two times tony infront of the first dh and then cassidy after. Insane.

Reminds me of the time when dk was bad and only Cervantes was in the top 100 even in the top 10. so Dk was good because one person ?

Yeah no. That’s not how it works, also they are probabl all sitting rating since before the corruption Nerfs / changes hurting feral even more
    https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...pec_filter=577

In 3v3, Feral is quite obviously doing just fine. 2v2 and RBGs (who cares about RBGs though) is a different story.

Nah, they actually q all the time and jungle is insanely good comp. But that's only one comp, not saying ferals are not a budget rogue at best.

Quote Originally Posted by fragnot77 View Post
    I really dont understand why they would make it that way in battlegrounds and pvp. It should be an equal playing field, and if you really wanted the upperhand because of your PvE super gear, then you could do pvp in the open world.

/shrug
    They tried it but the bads complained and now its not like that anymore. PvP should be equal gear and stats so skill wins out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    They tried it but the bads complained and now its not like that anymore. PvP should be equal gear and stats so skill wins out.
    I really enjoyed being able to bring all my alts like in Legion and WoD. These days, I don’t feel like I could even take my main to a BG.

You can go into stealth and remain there forever to farm some free honor, boring but effective.

Thats really all you can do in bgs with no gear, essences and corruptions. You will die on sight against anything.

- - - Updated - - -

The good news are. You won’t see a difference between a fresh level 120 feral and a full geared one. Both do nothing
    Yeah sure, some ferals are playing on glad ranking in 2s, beating some r1 teams and streaming it every day and this happens right now in the current meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    You can go into stealth and remain there forever to farm some free honor, boring but effective.

Thats really all you can do in bgs with no gear, essences and corruptions. You will die on sight against anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah sure, some ferals are playing on glad ranking in 2s, beating some r1 teams and streaming it every day and this happens right now in the current meta.
    Ugah Bugah Cervantes was top 10 with dk as only dk in top 100 ugah bugah dk was fine in that season becasue he beat r1

............... just because the 0,001% can do stuff doesnt mean its how the reality for normal player is

Ugah Bugah Cervantes was top 10 with dk as only dk in top 100 ugah bugah dk was fine in that season becasue he beat r1

............... just because the 0,001% can do stuff doesnt mean its how the reality for normal player is
    Cervantes is trash, he couldn't get into the Savix' tourney finals with Venruki, because of "reasions" stop bringing him up its not a good look, its all well documented on youtube anyone can access this little bit of info.

Thus your "Cervantes was this or that" argument is not only invalid, but a provocation!!!

Besides, here are some numbers for arena 2s glad rating 2,4k+

https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...pec_filter=103

As you just see, ferals count is approaching 100 - there are several streams at that rating so its not, rdruids with feralskin that sneaked themselves to the top.

You can also see, how many play affliction, acrane/frost mage, enhancer, frost dks, sub/outlaw rogues on that rating, virtually none exist, with MM hunter and affliction beeing the worst offenders.

So as far as specs go, feral is fine. He is not S tier, but he is fine he is on paar with arms, for example. The issue is, destro, assassin and havoc are so much better!

https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...pec_filter=265

Lets look at total class representation, because if i would be a wow game designer, i would consider this more important than spec representation:

https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...lass_filter=12

As you can see, warrior is the worst class in 2s.

Druids are in the middle, they were better in 2s in past expansions. For instance, Warrior/Rdruid completely dominated the meta back in TBC S4 when arena was introduced in that expansion. That probably might happen again in SL, when i look at the changes made so far.

You just whining because your rating is your fault and not your class? 0.001% lol, what a joke. There's literally more 3v3 Feral Druids in the top than there are Havoc DHs - one of the least popular DPS vs the literal most popular.

I mean sure, Feral is harder than Havoc. But it isn't weaker - you're just not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You just whining because your rating is your fault and not your class? 0.001% lol, what a joke. There's literally more 3v3 Feral Druids in the top than there are Havoc DHs - one of the least popular DPS vs the literal most popular.

I mean sure, Feral is harder than Havoc. But it isn't weaker - you're just not as good.
    1050 demon hunter play over 2,2k

200 feral play over 2,2k

But that is fine because in the top ten a few people have enough secomd character filling the top 100 >.>

1050 demon hunter play over 2,2k

200 feral play over 2,2k

But that is fine because in the top ten a few people have enough secomd character filling the top 100 >.>
    "0.001%"

Literally the most popular spec in the game vs one of the least popular.

I know it's easy to blame your lack of skill on the class/spec, but this case is pretty silly.