Thread: night elf armor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I fear we might not get anymore Heritage Armors...

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It needs more of everything. Even if you made a few things 3D, that'd be way underwhelming. I mean "Yay, I can be the NE equivalent of a Footman."

Surely doesn't conceptually stand up to something like Mountain King armor or Spellbreaker armor.
    As far as it goes, dwarven and blood elven heritages are the only one who draws their inspiration from some significant racial class. Worgen just have fancy aristocratic coat, gnomes have this tinkerish suit, goblin basicly just have suits with goggles and rockets and tauren... leather, totem, feathers. All of these are nothing special, really, but all of them matches the racial aesthetics pretty well. In that way, I don't think kaldorei heritage have to be inspired in something special.

This armor, while pretty minimalistic, represents visuals strongly tied to kaldorei alone, so I think it could make good heritage with some additions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgulon View Post
    I fear we might not get anymore Heritage Armors...
    Blizz confirmed they will continue with more heritage armors. They also hinted they may add heritage armor for subraces like Wilhammer dwarves in future, so there is most likely lot more to expect in future on this topic.

I would also like to have heritage weapons as well.

I believe they are very likely to use something very similar to what they did for WC3 Reforged:
    https://it.wowhead.com/news=296403/n...-faerie-dragon

My biggest concern is whether they are going to use the right colours. For some insane reason, there is an insane amount of yellow, white details and a lot more pink/purple (which kinda blends with their skin or feels outright wrong for elves living in the woods and using stealth and guerrilla tactics to their advantage).

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    They also hinted they may add heritage armor for subraces like Wilhammer dwarves in future, so there is most likely lot more to expect in future on this topic.
    looking forward for redeemed San'layn and Felblood heritage armor as well as blue eyed Blood Elf heritage armor, and then S*lv*r C*v*n*nt heritage armor
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Nah it'll probably be some underwhelming slightly uprezzed version of the Classic cinematic set that they added in BfA for NPCs.
    I am pretty sure people want it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I think this is not good enough as a heritage armor, needs more work (more 3D Armor parts, shoulders are kind of meeh, no helm). Just as random armor I would take it.
    It looks kind of like Cataclysm armor quality-wise but I believe it has potential if they make it 3D, HD and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

You would just make the plates on the arms and legs 3D, maybe also the jewelery aswell. Also the shoulders should look a bit more epic. Maybe let them wear a Moonglaive as cloak and add a proper helm. The chest piece should be 3D too but with how they are currently doing these, the npc archer design would not work for that.

I think adding too much layers of fancy armor like the ones you mentioned would miss the mark. It would just fit for Wardens and maybe priestess of Elune. I agree that it should be maybe a bit more fancy, but if they make the few 3D parts really detailed, it could look pretty good.
    If they make all the suggested parts 3D expect the chest it would be on par with other heritage sets.

Just have a look at the original concept art

It looks great. It only needs a helmet and I found a good candidate.

Last edited by matrix123mko; 2020-07-29 at 09:59 AM.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    looking forward for redeemed San'layn and Felblood heritage armor as well as blue eyed Blood Elf heritage armor, and then S*lv*r C*v*n*nt heritage armor
    What I'd like to see on that manner:
    - Heritage armors for each human kingdom. So far we have for Kul Tiras and Gilneas. I would allow regular human to use heritage of any kingdom (so you can be non-bulky kul tiran or non cursed gilnean) and I would even allow kul tirans to wear most of other kingdom heritages too, showing you can be bulky stormwindian or dalaranian human)
    - Heritages for each troll and orc clan
    - For night elves, one "darnassian" heritage drawing from Long Vigil vibes and one "highborne" heritage, drawing from more imperial vibes
    - heritage for each clan of dwarves, plus frostborn (blue skin and frosty beards customization included)
    - high elf heritage for both void and blood elves
    - San'layn heritage for blood elves (I think Venthyr covenant armors will contribute to San'layn fantasy on blood elves nicely though, but it will not be racial exclusive thing)
    - different tauren tribe heritages - taunka, Yaungol, alongside coresponding customizations for the race
    - worgen having option to customize their "human" form to be either human or night elf and following this choice, having access to either gilneas or night elf heritage

The problem is that in this scenario, each race gets different amount of armors available. Humans, trolls and orcs would all get quite a lot of options, while let's say draenei could cry in the corner.

I liked this recent skin from Heroes of the Storm they gave Maiev.

Also we still didn't get the Ravencrest armor.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I am pretty sure people want it.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks kind of like Cataclysm armor quality-wise but I believe it has potential if they make it 3D, HD and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks great. It only needs a helmet and I found a good candidate.

I thought about additions to the armor that would make it look more "complete":

a) A helm, like you say, but maybe something more open?

b) IF we actually get to xmog 2 shoulders separately, then they can add a right shoulderpad to that set, so people will be able to choose. e.g. only displaying the left shoulderpad.

c) They could add a cape made of the same feathers of the shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    I thought about additions to the armor that would make it look more "complete":

a) A helm, like you say, but maybe something more open?

b) IF we actually get to xmog 2 shoulders separately, then they can add a right shoulderpad to that set, so people will be able to choose. e.g. only displaying the left shoulderpad.

c) They could add a cape made of the same feathers of the shoulder
    Regarding the helm. I think the darkshore mail helm would be a good startingpoint, maybe make it a bit less heavy.

... but I think it works without helm aswell, Night Elfs often don't wear one and just have jewelry.

Only showing one shoulderpad would be my go to thing with a hunter. (Especially with a quiver)

Not sure if a cloak would look good in this case at all maybe if it would be attached to the shoulder pads, but otherwise I think its a bit meeh. So far I would prefer a big moonglave as back attachment... but I see the downside that this might look strange with other weapons attacked to the back. (Tauren already have that problem with their heritage armor I guess)
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2020-07-29 at 12:34 PM.

I'm expecting something akin to the Archer/Huntress from Warcraft 3 (I think they even said they would look into using the nelf archer armor from BfA if requested enough). I think the Warden armor is iconic enough to be a possibility, though.

I doubt it will be the Warden Armor. Personally I think it will be some variation of the big night elf statur. They already made a very basic version of it for the night elf archer.
    It fits, Priests, Rogue, Warriors, Hunters and Druids. Since all of the worn it at some point.

It was even a book title and as you can see, some of the jewelery made it into the game as customization (and the new choker has the silver/brown coloration like the armor):

I've always loved this artwork, but goddamn, why do Night Elf men look so damn old? Tyrande, Malfurion and Illidan are supposed to be young adults here, yet only Tyrande looks the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I've always loved this artwork, but goddamn, why do Night Elf men look so damn old? Tyrande, Malfurion and Illidan are supposed to be young adults here, yet only Tyrande looks the part.
    Ye, its even a problem with the night elf model, which gets a bit better with SL. But if you scroll down on the first page I posted a artwork where its much better. It would be nice if we would get more young story characters with the night elfs.

3+ Year Old Account
    What I'd like to see on that manner:
    - Heritage armors for each human kingdom. So far we have for Kul Tiras and Gilneas. I would allow regular human to use heritage of any kingdom (so you can be non-bulky kul tiran or non cursed gilnean) and I would even allow kul tirans to wear most of other kingdom heritages too, showing you can be bulky stormwindian or dalaranian human)
    no Alteraci Human heritage quest on Alliance. Alteraci Humans for the Horde
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

It'll be an upgrade of the hafl naked sentinel armor, it's their most iconic set, used by more than just 1 "class" and fits both genders extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    It'll be an upgrade of the hafl naked sentinel armor, it's their most iconic set, used by more than just 1 "class" and fits both genders extremely well.
    Dwarf heritage armor does not really fit casters or rogues, but it did not stopped Blizz from making Mountain King heritage for them. It's obvious that heritage armors does not need to fit all classed the race have at its disposal.

Dwarf heritage armor does not really fit casters or rogues, but it did not stopped Blizz from making Mountain King heritage for them. It's obvious that heritage armors does not need to fit all classed the race have at its disposal.
    While you're right, that it doesn't need to fit all the classes, they are usually going for an iconic racial silhouette or simply basing of a hero. For Night Elves is likely the former since (imo) their most relevant heroes don't wear a lot of interesting items, and the skimpy set is basically their most iconic ensemble ever since the Classic's cinematic, to even being worn by official Blizz cosplayers during some of their events.

But hey, there's always the chance of them making a set based off Tyrande or Malfurion... But they'll miss the chance to deliver something that players wanted for a long time.

This is probably the set I would expect/hope to see for Night Elf heritage: