Thread: Beta Wave?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For the most part there is no rhyme or reason people get invited, I was in the last 4 and none this time yet and as others said, my account was created in 2005, I even safe botted on it back TBC to level my Druid and had GM's almost ban me a few times in Vanilla/TBC for Redridge Inn camping haha.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    The funniest thing about last weeks invite for CE players is that our raid leader didn't get in
    Please tell me you all told her/him to "git gud"
    Last edited by taishar68; 2020-07-28 at 08:51 PM.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Please tell me you all told her/him to "git gud"
    Haha, I would've done, but sadly I didn't get an invite either >.< Which kind of makes sense seeing as how they were already 12/12m when I came back & I simply got carried to CE this time around, but hey, I'm mostly holding my own now.

Believe me though, if I get in this time & he still doesn't, the banter will be real.

Beta testers, what is the beta server population? Does it seem healthy, or still on the lower side?

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I would've done, but sadly I didn't get an invite either >.< Which kind of makes sense seeing as how they were already 12/12m when I came back & I simply got carried to CE this time around, but hey, I'm mostly holding my own now.

Believe me though, if I get in this time & he still doesn't, the banter will be real.
    Grats to you! I still haven't finished Ny'Alotha at all. Even money I get an invite before AOTC or maybe a Normal/LFR clear.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by chiosu View Post
    Beta testers, what is the beta server population? Does it seem healthy, or still on the lower side?
    Definitely on the lower side.

Forming a dungeon group can be quite difficult at times.

Quote Originally Posted by chiosu View Post
    /who 60 <insert class here> very rarely shows 50 people. It's pretty damn low.

Edit: 15 level 60 Warriors on the beta right now on "The Maw" server.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-07-28 at 10:10 PM.

If people are having trouble even getting groups, time to get the masses in? It's August in 3-4 days. 3 months to November. Just so you know that I know how the calendar works... lol

It's definitely time to ramp up the invites a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    If people are having trouble even getting groups, time to get the masses in? It's August in 3-4 days. 3 months to November. Just so you know that I know how the calendar works... lol
    We'll probably have no more than 1000 people on the servers by the time the 9.0 PTR lands It's actually pretty crazy just how sparesly populated the beta is, as I don't recall ever having troubles finding a group for anything back in Legion testing.

We'll probably have no more than 1000 people on the servers by the time the 9.0 PTR lands It's actually pretty crazy just how sparesly populated the beta is, as I don't recall ever having troubles finding a group for anything back in Legion testing.
    Yeah, I got invited early in BfA beta, had no issues getting groups then. I don't know, if it's really an issue getting groups in there, that shows that there isn't enough people to actually get the good numbers they need. But I guess its still early.

It would be nice if there was an official thing from Blizzard stating they sent out beta waves.

"Hey guys! We just sent out another beta wave today. Check to see if you're in!"

I know they said there will be invites every week.. But what day do those invites go out? Do they go out twice a week? Once a week? On random days? On a specific day?

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    It would be nice if there was an official thing from Blizzard stating they sent out beta waves.

"Hey guys! We just sent out another beta wave today. Check to see if you're in!"

I know they said there will be invites every week.. But what day do those invites go out? Do they go out twice a week? Once a week? On random days? On a specific day?
    The majority of invites seem to go out when a new build is hitting the server. So later today. But they also seem to send invites out during the week too. Perhaps smaller waves. In other words there is no exact science. Just check your launcher once a day or the battle net website. That's what I do.

I dreamt I got beta invite this morning. Please save me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I dreamt I got beta invite this morning. Please save me.
    Don't feel bad, I dream that I open up the launcher several times a night, funny thing is I don't even get in during my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by boomr516 View Post
    Don't feel bad, I dream that I open up the launcher several times a night, funny thing is I don't even get in during my dreams.
    Haha, you get the nightmares

I've gotten in every beta since cata but haven't gotten in this one. Few friends who got past betas, same thing. They've def been a little stingier with the invites.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or close it and reopen it obsessively every few minutes like I do.

Thought i was the only one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post

This would be really nice!

We're just going to have to rely on each other here. When each of us gets in, just come and give some hope to the others. It'll happen friends.

First time posting, long time lurker. I have been playing wow since the original beta. I have been in every beta so far and recently got this one as well. I hope those of you who have not gotten in yet do so soon. In fact I wish I could just gift you mine. After 15 years of wow I finally gave up and tried FF14. What a incredible, amazing game. After playing it, it is difficult to go back and play wow. The difference in product is just eye-opening.

As for the beta. Sadly it is just BFA in a new skin. Very little has changed and it is just more of the same. I have been the biggest wow fan for a long time but finally I have come to realize this ship has sailed. It is very clear that the game is on maintenance mode. As much as I hate to admit that, it does not change the perception I got from beta. It is heartbreaking and sad to see the current and future state of the game which I loved for so long look so bleak.

I wish you all the best in shadowlands. Maybe, someday, wow will once again be best in field. IMHO that torch was passed to someone else awhile ago.