Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorke View Post
    Dude that not how this is going to work. Steven Sharif knows the game. It's not about creating a good game its about convincing the streamer class and their audiences that he is a good man that understands them and is doing his best to create a real mmo. That's why he's having all of these in depth interviews and talks. He's a scammer that understands what his prey craves for. He does the old politician trick where he masquerades as one of us. He even does the Trump trick and tell us that its all self funded and he's "retired" to convince us that its all done with good intentions.

This whole "transparency" "we care what y'all want and would like to hear" is all their way of prodding the streamers to cover their game as much as they can where even people that think the game won't be good won't be able to ignore it. Generate the hype train, keep it going until the game is out and then when everything that was promised isn't there they're going remind everyone that this is a work in progress and that y'all need to be patient. The $15 dollars a month garbage should be an immediate red flag to anyone that understands how the scam works. It's all about getting kids hooked on the game through streamer influence and fake promises from master Sharif to string them along long enough to rake in massive profits.

The game won't die early on. It's being built to make Sharif as much money as he can squeeze out of it. His investment on the game will be nothing compared to the profit.
    He knows exactly what he is doing and what he needs to say, with all the interviews and QA with people like asmongold he is just farming for "true" and "LUL" in the chat by pointing out stuff that other mmos (archage, bdo, wow) did wrong and promising how they will fix it without nothing to show so far

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think it has to do with that Apocalypse game they made. It's so far the only controversy regarding the game that I know of.

Also, why are there so many people crying about it not being the next "WoW-killer"? Nobody claimed it will be. Not every new MMO has to try and kill WoW.
    people like lazypeon and asmongold is hyping it up to the "wow killer" saying wow will be dead if ashes comes out and how this is the next big mmo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    I'm way out of touch with this game but when AoC first arrived on the scene people dug up connections between Sharif and some multi level marketing scheme, XanGo iirc and this was at a time where the anti-MLM sentiment was gaining traction.
    He was reported to KS for a MLM-like referral scheme he was using with AoC, He also claimed to be self-funding the game with $30 million and that KS was simply for additional stuff, which turned out to not really be true iirc. He wasn't actually self-funding, he just had investors lined up.

As always, there was people looking to dig dirt and spread shit but there were also quite a few mis-steps by Sharif and even a good dose of bullshit.
    http://cliqist.com/2017/05/05/explor...s-of-creation/

Sharif made a fortune at a young age thanks to selling nutritional drinks and eventually became involved with XanGo, a well-known multi-level marketing company that sells a host of wellness juices and supplements. Eventually he went on to become involved in investments and real estate, which he attributes to "the source of a majority of [his] success."
    and yes as you linked at the start of AOC he also tried to make a MLM scheme for referal program that he then went back on after massive backlash from the early community

they also made a battle royale for "testing" while still selling cosmetics and season passes and the br has now been taken down from steam again
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2020-07-27 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Lazypeon is legit one of the most obnoxious content creators I ve ever seen.
    He reminds me of one of my friends who I used to play with where one minute he was mega hyped to come raid and then the next week he was already bored and playing another game cause he had the attention span of a squirel.
    If the game gets released its going to follow the usual: "Why Ashes of creation is the best MMO ever right now"...... "insert 10 videos about ashes of creation"...... "why I stoped playing ashes of creation"........ "insert random post about personal mental issues and a video about going on a short youtube hiatus"...... "post about moving to a random new country"..... "find new MMO to hype".
    I agree, youtube recommended him a few times and he is certainly someone I'd consider a freaking idiot and a shitty dude.

Just like this youtuber who is currently making these "Insert Class Legendaries in SL are insert strong word!" but has no idea how they work and most of the time they don't even work and are buggy - "Dalaran-Gaming" or something. Certainly some kind of lifeform I'd consider as wasted bio-mass.

Dude that not how this is going to work. Steven Sharif knows the game. It's not about creating a good game its about convincing the streamer class and their audiences that he is a good man that understands them and is doing his best to create a real mmo. That's why he's having all of these in depth interviews and talks. He's a scammer that understands what his prey craves for. He does the old politician trick where he masquerades as one of us. He even does the Trump trick and tell us that its all self funded and he's "retired" to convince us that its all done with good intentions.

This whole "transparency" "we care what y'all want and would like to hear" is all their way of prodding the streamers to cover their game as much as they can where even people that think the game won't be good won't be able to ignore it. Generate the hype train, keep it going until the game is out and then when everything that was promised isn't there they're going remind everyone that this is a work in progress and that y'all need to be patient. The $15 dollars a month garbage should be an immediate red flag to anyone that understands how the scam works. It's all about getting kids hooked on the game through streamer influence and fake promises from master Sharif to string them along long enough to rake in massive profits.

The game won't die early on. It's being built to make Sharif as much money as he can squeeze out of it. His investment on the game will be nothing compared to the profit.
    Alex Jones? Is that you?

I would have liked a pre-purchase, beta backer option etc to try the game but damn those prices are real?
    375? 75 bucks being the cheapest? are you fucking serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    They have Dwarfs.... sold...

They only MMorpg that even gets my attention is DAOC unchained anybody know how far along are they now?Ashe is not for me but i can see how some would want to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Lazypeon is legit one of the most obnoxious content creators I ve ever seen.
    He reminds me of one of my friends who I used to play with where one minute he was mega hyped to come raid and then the next week he was already bored and playing another game cause he had the attention span of a squirel.
    If the game gets released its going to follow the usual: "Why Ashes of creation is the best MMO ever right now"...... "insert 10 videos about ashes of creation"...... "why I stoped playing ashes of creation"........ "insert random post about personal mental issues and a video about going on a short youtube hiatus"...... "post about moving to a random new country"..... "find new MMO to hype".
    I'm surprised anyone gives Lazypeon or Asmongold the time of day anymore. These idiots are so out of touch.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I'm surprised anyone gives Lazypeon or Asmongold the time of day anymore. These idiots are so out of touch.
    There are plenty of people, that for some inexplicable reason, dream about "the good old days", of games that require absolute no-lifing and where you can only reasonably advance if you have an attention hungry stream at your beck and call. The sad part, most of those are not streamers themselves and don't make money off playing games either.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

This game is getting hyped up right now so hard, that it only can end in dissapointment...

Nevertheless i am looking forward to it and will try it! If i has too much PvP or mandatory PvP i will drop it faster than you can say "New World"

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    This game is getting hyped up right now so hard, that it only can end in dissapointment...

Nevertheless i am looking forward to it and will try it! If i has too much PvP or mandatory PvP i will drop it faster than you can say "New World"
    The more and more I play and such the less and less I enjoy or want to PvP. Just always something about it that isn't realistic or wonky or buggy. Just doesn't appeal much anymore. I'm in the same boat as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    There are plenty of people, that for some inexplicable reason, dream about "the good old days", of games that require absolute no-lifing and where you can only reasonably advance if you have an attention hungry stream at your beck and call. The sad part, most of those are not streamers themselves and don't make money off playing games either.
    Only way these people are going to experience this stuff is if they lose their memory and don't know how to access the internet outside of their game of choice.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its overhyped and probably forever away from release but I admit at the very least it piques my interest infinitely more than any other shitty MMO coming out or that has come out recently. I hope they pull it off but I am not holding any sort of hype. After amazons "lets throw money at an MMO" new world fails it'll be another 10 years before someone with a budget tries the genre again I'm sure so in the end we will rely on passion projects like this for new stuff.

At least its not another typical action combat clone, looks hybrid like ESO/GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I would have liked a pre-purchase, beta backer option etc to try the game but damn those prices are real?
    375? 75 bucks being the cheapest? are you fucking serious?
    lol yeah dude and the worst part is the donks that buy into those packages really believe their money is going to make the game better. Scammers like Sharif are extremely talented at making donks feel like they're part of the "team" and that their feedback is "integral" to the success of a planned scammed game. His interviews play out like political campaigning where he constantly plays the tunes the donks want to hear while acting like he's one of them and making them feel important. Meanwhile he's sitting comfortably in his 1000000 million dollar mansion getting a BJ's from his high class Asian hooker every night while these plebeian donks are still living at home and spending half of their 40000 dollar salary on games.

All of that package money is not going to the development of the game, its being used to make these devs rich. That 9 month sub time in some of the packages are really no different than the 6 month mount scam these people at Blizzard do. Make the donk believe he's getting a good deal, string him along to the finish line and then he we be so subconsciously dominated by the game that he'll gladly donate more monthly funds to the "Keep Sharif rich" scam.

lol yeah dude and the worst part is the donks that buy into those packages really believe their money is going to make the game better. Scammers like Sharif are extremely talented at making donks feel like they're part of the "team" and that their feedback is "integral" to the success of a planned scammed game. His interviews play out like political campaigning where he constantly plays the tunes the donks want to hear while acting like he's one of them and making them feel important. Meanwhile he's sitting comfortably in his 1000000 million dollar mansion getting a BJ's from his high class Asian hooker every night while these plebeian donks are still living at home and spending half of their 40000 dollar salary on games.

All of that package money is not going to the development of the game, its being used to make these devs rich. That 9 month sub time in some of the packages are really no different than the 6 month mount scam these people at Blizzard do. Make the donk believe he's getting a good deal, string him along to the finish line and then he we be so subconsciously dominated by the game that he'll gladly donate more monthly funds to the "Keep Sharif rich" scam.
    Damn, you're one angry dude.

We'll find out if it's a scam or not in due time. Right now there's no proof to that. There's just some biased angry trolls on internet forums from what I can see.

As for the 6 month mount deal for WoW you brought up -it isn't a scam and we can state that with 100% confidence. You pay the amount of money, and you get the stuff you paid for, and a bonus for comitting to a 6-month sub plan. I don't think you understand the meaning of the word scam. If you're getting exactly what is advertised for a clearly disclosed price, there's no scam. It would be a scam if you paid and didn't got the promised access to the game for 6 months. You may believe that the deal is bad, and that's fine. No one is forcing you to go into it. Others might find the deal attractive, and that's also fine. You pay for 5 months and you get 6 months + a mount. For people who are playing the game anyway there's no downside here.

Now pledging to a kickstarter or anything like that is a completely different story, because you can't be sure if you'll actually get the product. By putting your money into projects like that you should be aware that you are funding something that may not end up to your liking. As long as that is disclosed, everything is fine. Adults can make decisions with their money, they don't need your permission, and you aren't entitled to insult them over those decisions.

I don't really have a horse in this race. I'm not even planning to play it once its out, just following the story out of boredom. It's really weird why there are so many angry people like you here.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ashes of Creation is slowly stepping into Star Citizen territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Ashes of Creation is slowly stepping into Star Citizen territory.
    AoC didn't even hire their first team members to begin development until 2015, whereas Star Citizen has been in some sort of development since 2010.

SC being completely revamped in ~2015 doesn't change that as a concept and as a team, it's been worked on since 2010...not to mention SC has received over $250 million dollars for it's development and the supporters still have an extremely buggy and incomplete pre-alpha version game to show for it. That means, the game will almost certainly reach over $300 million in total funding before it's even in Beta.

AoC in comparison, is only expected to take ~$30 million to complete and implement every feature they've discussed about the game....that's literally a 10 fold difference in cost.

And on top of that, AoC was even able to release a fully functional battle royale version of the game to help them with testing classes and overall game play functionality. Yes, that's not how the game is intended to be played, but having a fully functional version of the game is still a lot more than SC can say.

Them both being crowd funded is about the only thing they have in common at this point, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Damn, you're one angry dude.

We'll find out if it's a scam or not in due time. Right now there's no proof to that. There's just some biased angry trolls on internet forums from what I can see.
    Dude what there's far more praise than "angry trolls" towards this game. Once you leave this dying Blizzard website, you'll see all the donks eating out of Sharifs hand.

As for the 6 month mount deal for WoW you brought up -it isn't a scam and we can state that with 100% confidence. You pay the amount of money, and you get the stuff you paid for, and a bonus for comitting to a 6-month sub plan. I don't think you understand the meaning of the word scam. If you're getting exactly what is advertised for a clearly disclosed price, there's no scam. It would be a scam if you paid and didn't got the promised access to the game for 6 months. You may believe that the deal is bad, and that's fine. No one is forcing you to go into it. Others might find the deal attractive, and that's also fine. You pay for 5 months and you get 6 months + a mount. For people who are playing the game anyway there's no downside here.
    Yeah I get it dude. It's not a snake oil salesmen type scam where they're trying to sell you miracle water and it turns out the water is just water. They obviously can't do that.

What more advanced super predator types such as Sharif are complete masters of doing are finding that grey area where you can't really pinpoint the marketing scheme as a scam even though the prey ends up having buyers remorse after the deal. Yes the game will exist. Yes there will be some "promised" aspects of the game that will exist. However, it's always about towing that fine line of creating enough of a game without entirely delivering on the full package. These scam games will always feel like they're half finished or what donks label as "has so much potential but just needs X Y and Z and it'll be good." It gets to the point where the game is already out for a year and only by then will the prey will realize they've wasted their time on a game that is actually going nowhere.

Ask yourself what team of good game developers needs a bunch of random players on the internet to help make a good game? None. Anytime a dev team has an Alpha/Beta system that is open to the public and requires a fee to get in is an immediate red flag. Good developers use people from inside the industry at their own expense to test their game and only use betas as a stress test. Scam games that are run by scammers like Sharif require random donks to give them money not only to fund the game but to feel like they're part of the "team" and try and fix their game for them.

The thing about so called "alpha" and "beta" phases of these scam games is that they're all double talk terms. These devs use these terms to manipulate players into thinking there's "progress" happening in the game. Players that participate in these phases will feel like the game is going somewhere because they see content being added in and "the devs are listening to our concerns" meanwhile all of that stuff was already done. The point of the alpha/beta phase is always marketing. It's about forging that core group of dedicated donks that will remain loyal even a year after the main game launches when the vast majority of people that started on release are long gone.

Adults can make decisions with their money, they don't need your permission, and you aren't entitled to insult them over those decisions.
    Nah dude fuck these donks. I don't give a shit about their worthless ideas on what a so called "good deal" is for them. These people are the same idiots that are enabling these fuckers to cut corners and release cosmetic packages at the expense of having to actually work and create a good game. These are people that award these publishers thousands and thousands of dollars every time they release another season of cosmetics in a multiplayer game. These are the people that say "BFA sucks" yet are easily suckered in by a 6 month cosmetic package scam. These are the people that are bought by video game trailers and dev interviews with top streamers instead of waiting after release.

And the worst thing about these morons is that after they realize they've wasted their time and money they cry and bitch only to have another merry go round with getting fucked by these predators. They don't learn and never will because they have zero self control. I have every right to make fun of them and tell them they're stupid assholes for supporting these scams disguised as the next innovative game.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    SC being completely revamped in ~2015 doesn't change that as a concept and as a team, it's been worked on since 2010...not to mention SC has received over $250 million dollars for it's development and the supporters still have an extremely buggy and incomplete pre-alpha version game to show for it. That means, the game will almost certainly reach over $300 million in total funding before it's even in Beta.
    Crowdfunding games, products, etc is the scourge of web 3.0.

Why/what was completely revamped in 2015? Because we're now in 2020 and it's going to need to be revamped soon again if I wants to not look like Runescape compared to current-generation games.

What I'm trying to say is that the longer and longer it takes to release the more and more they will need to change to bring it up to current "standards" - at least if they want to capture the mass market of gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Rorke Do you have any proof or just lunatic ramblings ?

I'd assume that price for getting into the alpha/beta is there so that people CAN do it, if they want to. To be part of the process. Its just that.

I don't think they require anyone to come and pay it. It is just an available option. I assume they can well enough handle the testing process at this point by themselves. With that price I dont think they even expect lot of people. Its that high price because they probably dont want huge amount of people yet when its pre alpha(?).

Now, if they were asking something like that much closer to release, I'd start to question it more, but now? Nope.