Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It is clear they do not wish this to be a thing to do freely, with their recent comment about not wanting “too many ways of changing your loadout for every encounter”, so this is more free than I was expecting. Kudos for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnez View Post
    So... they think us having to re-earn them is bad... but we have to re-earn them every tier or every time we progress to a new highest M+ level?

*Burning room dog* This is fine.
    Wait until you find out you have to get higher ilvl gear every patch too :O

So... they think us having to re-earn them is bad... but we have to re-earn them every tier or every time we progress to a new highest M+ level?

that is exactly what you do with every piece of gear tough, you get the same weapon but in 50 different itemlevels starting from lfr to mythic, and every single new content patch you have to pretty much start from zero

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    I bet this is exactly what they wanted to do from the start but since they knew how underwhelming the system would be, they created a controversy and then finally now, they unleashed their original design with excuse "look we listened to your feedback and gave you a better alternative! Don't complain anymore!"
    Holy fucking tinfoil Batman! Do you hear yourself dude? That developers would waste valuable hours of time and code developing a throwaway system to create controversy just for the sake of appearing like they're listening to feedback. Seriously, think about that. How fucking dumb does that sound? So instead of believing that they are trying to listen to concerns from their player base, it makes more sense that this is some secret operation for the virtue of looking just.

We've all complained, myself included, that they've not listened to our feedback time and time again in the past. So now that they're showing a step in the right direction, can we applaud them a little? I understand some apprehension as we need to see more than a gesture or two, but your tinfoil deep state idea is just outright malice for the sake of malice.

Starting next week in the Shadowlands Beta,
    you'll be giving out beta to people other than streamers?

pffft

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    >Made Conduits destructible to you to re-grind it all the time
    >Players hated it
    >Made Conduits indestructible but give it levels to re-grind it all the time
    >Blizzdrones: "Hey, they listening to us!"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

The two aren’t the same if you want to try out different ones while you can now do that without losing them but of course if you want a better version you need to clear higher content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, it's refreshing to see the devs actually revise their new features before launch.

Thanks to the community influencers for raising these concerns in interviews, too!

Right so now they've added 30+ new pieces of required very specific gear. =)

There's no such thing as a "good enough" conduit at my level of play. There's good and unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post

pffft
    I think there is a cut off date but most people with CE got beta.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Sounds fucking lame to be honest...
    how is it lame? we're all waiting to hear why a library system is lame compared to having to farm them over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It might be hard to believe but blizzard Proabbly isn’t snidely whiplash thinking 5 steps ahead and twirling there mustache.
    No no, this is how you get satisfied customers right. You piss them off first, because that's the most clever thing to do. Then you surprise them with the fix you already planned a year ahead, so you get ultra satisfied customers because that's how we humans react to that kind of thing right!

It's funny, because of course blizzard has this awesome marketing idea where you piss off your customers on purpose.

Blizzard just can't win with some people. Let the rest of us show that we actually appreciate the things they do right.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The two aren’t the same if you want to try out different ones while you can now do that without losing them but of course if you want a better version you need to clear higher content.
    Yeah, compare it to azerite traits as well. Going from a normal azerite shoulder piece, then get the same on heroic. You earned enough AP to have the 1 ring unlocked(taking example from season 1) then you got same piece on heroic, but you actually needed 8 or 10 more AP levels to actually get to use it and unlock the same ring. Numbers are give or take, can't remember the difference exactly.

With Azerite Armor you had to wait with using the new piece from the new patch, because that new azerite shoulders with one ring less than the one from before where you already unlocked the trait, was a dps downgrade because you didn't have enough AP to unlock it.

With this system however, it works like Legion relics. Even though you can grind a better one in the next patch, you don't lose what you already have and you use the old ones until you get new higher level ones, just like replacing relics and gear in general. I think it was with the RNGrucible it was something like that azerite traits, you had to wait with unlocking the traits because of AP, but until 7.3 relics in new seasons was just increased ilvl. This will work around the same before we got the Nether-light Crucible.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-29 at 04:05 PM.

Yes thats supposed to be your carrot ona stick for doing M+ since they are masively lowing the amount of gear you obtain

i think its a good change overall
    the "no systems" people want the game to be boring

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    >Players hated it
    Regetting things at higher levels started in wrath this isn’t a new concept The game has worked this way for the majority of its life so why should people be upset that it’s sticking to form?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    MMOC in a nutshell basically.

Whenever I read news like this where Blizz totally gets on the side of what most of the community saying, for some weird reason the comments on MMOC are even worse than usual (and yes it's the same people). Just proves that some people just want to complain.
    A good chunk are trolling for fun I guarantee it lol.

There's no such thing as a "good enough" conduit at my level of play. There's good and unplayable.
    You only need the conduits you want and they stated they drop from all sources of content... are you complaining just to complain?
    Are you racing for world first cause if you aren't your 2nd statements comes off as BS or self-imposed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post

pffft
    Um, yeah. That's what betas typically are. Alphas tend to be for select few and that's typically streamers while betas are more open, including streamers.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

depends on how they make them drop really. if they are drops like gear, then yeah might suck. if they are guaranteed drops from doing certain content then no it won't suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    >Players hated it
    except that's not it at all. there won't be a re-grind, once you get it you have it. so if you get say rank 5 from an achievement like doing all the dungeons on heroic that gives you something you can work towards and then boom! you have it, no need to ever do it again. if they make it account wide (here's hoping) then that would be even better

so its moving to be like essences?
    that is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    I bet this is exactly what they wanted to do from the start but since they knew how underwhelming the system would be, they created a controversy and then finally now, they unleashed their original design with excuse "look we listened to your feedback and gave you a better alternative! Don't complain anymore!"
    That's the same impression I got. Blizzard is very stubborn on choices they make. I don't think they've learned from BFA.

"Make one thing that sounds bad, even worse. Then pretend to backpedal on it to make it sound like it's a bit better to butter everyone up"

Businesses have been using this practice for forever.