Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadowlands Beta - Night Fae Covenant Ability Update

Shadowlands Beta - Night Fae Covenant Ability Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Greetings, friends of the Queen.

In the next Beta build, we’ve made some changes to the Night Fae’s Signature Ability, Soulshape. These changes are aimed at addressing the feedback we’ve heard from you, and echoed in our own playtesting, that Soulshape simply doesn’t feel powerful enough.

• Flicker – Soulshape’s teleport effect – now teleports you 15 yards forward (up from 10 yards).
    • Activating Soulshape will now immediately cast Flicker, teleporting you and putting Flicker on cooldown.
    • Soulshape now increases movement speed by 50% (up from 30%).

We’ve also fixed a number of issues with how Soulshape interacts with Druid shapeshift forms. For Druids, Soulshape will now behave like a real shapeshift form. If a Druid is in Cat Form and activates Soulshape, their action bar will change to the default bar instead of remaining on the Cat Form bar. Additionally, Soulshape will remember what form the Druid was in when activated, and return them to that form when Soulshape ends (unless the Druid manually activates a different Shapeshift). In this example, when Soulshape expires or is canceled, the Druid would automatically go back to Cat Form.

Thank you for your feedback thus far. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on this update to Soulshape.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still a pretty dead button for druids and shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    A 50% movement increase with an instant blink is dead?

Why are any of you supporting this game when the company supports dead Hong Kong teens laying in the street?

Maybe for people who don't play druids and shamans...

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, I feel like it should move at 100% movement speed for druids at least while not in combat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varien View Post
    A 50% movement increase with an instant blink is dead?
    It's practically only an instant blink with 90 second cooldown. It's a 50% movement increase to your basic speed, so only ~10% increase compared to ghost wolf/travel form. With the ghost wolf talent, ghost wolf is the same speed as soulshape after 4 seconds

Also as a shaman you most likely get added benefits for pressing ghost wolf like movement speed reduce prevention, damage reduction+speed from talents and sprint from conduits.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Now if they could make Fleshcraft not require a 4sec channel, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Why are any of you supporting this game when the company supports dead Hong Kong teens laying in the street?
    You're a quite a few months late with your virtue signaling there bud.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Also as a shaman you most likely get added benefits for pressing ghost wolf like movement speed reduce prevention, damage reduction+speed from talents and sprint from conduits.
    Blink is still amazing, especially on Shaman that really lacks burst mobility.
    You'd just cancel the effect afterwards.

But then again, the ones that most people see as bad are Fleshcraft and Summon Steward, not Soulshape.

This is making my Paladin even happier haha! Finally some mobility that lasts longer than 3 seconds. Also one of the conduits gives shadowmeld at the end, and one reduces the cd of soulshape when you kill shit.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

So basically changing it to be Displacer Beast clone then

It's definitely an improvement, not enough to make it feel like an inferior choice for druids but it's getting there.

It's practically only an instant blink with 90 second cooldown. It's a 50% movement increase to your basic speed, so only ~10% increase compared to ghost wolf/travel form. With the ghost wolf talent, ghost wolf is the same speed as soulshape after 4 seconds
    "Only" a blink? Shaman's only form of mobility is Ghost Wolf, which eats up a GCD - and the baseline speed increase is 30%. A 15yd instant blink is a welcome ability for the class, to dodge some mechanics faster and easier - 50% movement increase is a cherry on top (yes, you get 50% from the Spirit Wolf talent, but: 1) you need to spec for it, and all the talents in this row have some usage; 2) most of the time there's no need to stay in GW for 4 seconds). Also, the tooltip reads:

Turn into a Vulpin, teleporting 15 yds forward and increasing your movement speed by 50%. You may reactivate Soulshape every few sec to teleport again.

...so you can actually make more use of it, if you need to.
    In its previous form, Soulshape was pretty much redundant for a shaman. As an instant 15 yds blink with a 12 sec 50% movement speed increase, it will outright replace GW in plenty of situations.

It shouldn't take you out of your shapeshift... It should just blink you forward and increase the movespeed by a flat amount. (So +10% if you're using travel/wolf form)

Why would feral/guardians use this at all? This covenant seems to be fully druid themed but has useless abilities for most of them... way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    But then again, the ones that most people see as bad are Fleshcraft and Summon Steward, not Soulshape.
    I've heard that they seeminlgy are trying to fix summon steward by shoe-horning in special interactions in dungeons.. fleshcraft also has some weak buffs iirc.

Someone in the team probably really wants to make use of the swolekin model and the tray carrying animation..
    As an engineer that is practically the epitome of rotten design. /shudder.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    It shouldn't take you out of your shapeshift... It should just blink you forward and increase the movespeed by a flat amount. (So +10% if you're using travel/wolf form)

Why would feral/guardians use this at all? This covenant seems to be fully druid themed but has useless abilities for most of them... way to go.
    Maybe they hired Rian Johnson to subvert our expectations? Kidding aside, I'm hoping it's a communication error, but that would be odd. They didn't specifically say it shifts you out, it just changes your bars... but even I admit that's a bit of a stretch. Having this ability literally shift you out of form (and losing all the benefits of that form) would make this ability insanely dangerous as a Guardian actively tanking. Granted I used to use Displacer Beast back when bears had it for raiding for certain encounters, you just had to know swing timers and ability cooldowns to use it so you didn't get one-shot. Blizz did have a PTR patch where Displacer Beast kept you in Bear Form and you just blinked as a bear... I kinda wish Soulshape would do something similar for druids.

While it's trying to make this ability more powerful for everyone, I'd consider this a neutral change for some druid specs at best, and I'm being kind here. I feel like they're trying to over-complicate this balancing act all because of Door of Shadows, as buffing Soulshape for almost everyone just makes Night Fae and Venthyr signature abilities even better and more universally applicable/useful than Necrolord/Kyrian. I'd assume they're going to do Kyrian/Necrolord signature ability passes soon.... but what all know what it means to assume.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a fuckijg joke? They’re buffing they nightfae ability while leaving the Kyrian ability as-is? Are you fucking kidding me? The kyrian ability is literally COMPLETEY useless, and they’re buffing the NIGHTFAE ability?!!!!!???? WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Is this a fuckijg joke? They’re buffing they nightfae ability while leaving the Kyrian ability as-is? Are you fucking kidding me? The kyrian ability is literally COMPLETEY useless, and they’re buffing the NIGHTFAE ability?!!!!!???? WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT
    I will continue to take buffs for my Night Fae overlords.

yes cause coupled with Tigers Dash for Shamans, and the friggen instant wolf jump isnt broken as fuck...

man you need to look at the classes toolkits before complaining.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I've heard that they seeminlgy are trying to fix summon steward by shoe-horning in special interactions in dungeons.. fleshcraft also has some weak buffs iirc.
    As it stands right now, Fleshcraft and Summon Steward might probably turn into total "Feast or Famine" mechanics.

Some soulbinds for those two swing between completely broken and completely useless, with nothing inbetween.