Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Diablo 3 was fun while it still felt new, which was back in the initial months of its release. I lost interest after that and I regret buying RoS, as the kind of game Diablo is does not appeal to me in the long run. Grinding upon grinding upon grind, is unbelievably boring, no matter how fun the combat is, you are still running endlessly through the same environments with an infinitely scaling difficulty slider. Games like that bore me, fast, and I doubt I will buy into Diablo 4 for the same reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fun now, and in an interesting casual-hardcore state. Character builds are more casual compared to something like Path of Exile, which I actually appreciate, yet there's content for hardcore players that is very rewarding. Can't say I play it every day, week or even month but I do like to hop in every now and then, crush a season, and push as far as I can in GRs with the set bonus.

It's hard not to compare it to other games, so going back to the PoE comparison D3 is more down my alley. I just don't have the time or mental energy to sit down and deal with that monster of a skill tree. No thanks.

I really liked playing through the PS4 version in couch-coop, which is how I tend to like ARPGs. That's as much as I can say.

Didn't absolutely love it, my favorite ARPG still is Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms for the PS2, but I certainly enjoyed my time with it.

Outside of not having a paragon cap and extreme difficulty to compete on the leaderboard against people that have 2-3k paragon on you in the first 2-3 weeks because they spam 4 man GR150s, I like it at least for the first 2-3 weeks per season.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they could have put the D2 style of character building and loot hunt in with the amazing gameplay and graphics of D3, it would be in the Hall of Fame. The decision to base player power in D3 in the items instead of the skills limited character development and the current endgame is all about improving the amazing gear you already have, but it is still amazing to look at and fun to play on a visceral level.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I played it through a single time and killed Diablo when it was released. Played through it a second time when the expansion released. I thought it was a pretty ok game back then. I didn't have a desire to replay the same content over and over again, but i already knew i wasnt going to be a hardcore D3 player.

In BFA i went back and played through 2 seasons with my little brother and completed the season i guess. I found it extremely enjoyable playing with someone who knew what they were doing. D3 still isnt really for me, but its a good game imo. It isnt on the level of SC2 or wow, but few games are.

I cant wait for the phone game version. I will probably play that casually quite a bit.
    Last edited by last1214; 2020-05-13 at 05:25 PM.

It's always been fun for me to play in a intense short term kind of way. I haven't played in years but I have good memories of playing it with my friends.

Always hardcore though. Don't imagine myself ever playing a game like diablo softcore

I thought it really came into itself during RoS and I enjoyed it. I still play it occationally and just whirlwinding through a huge pack feels very satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Diablo 3 first month before any nerfs was fun. Getting inferno diablo in that first 30 days was actually hard, even if you abused all the bugs that plagued the game, and continued to do after many months.

Anyway, diablo 2 is still a ton better. But Diablo 3 gameplay is the best of any ARPG ever, and its now old...2012, so they got that right.
    It was only hard because the drops were non-existent and you were required to use the RMAH to get any decent gear.

I personally found the release version shallow and boring. I "suffered" through it because I wanted to play diablo but ultimately after I had cleared the story and realised that the game was not going to get any better (in the immediate term), I dropped it. Came back sometime after RoS was released due to the generally good feedback and a discounted price and thoroughly enjoyed it for a good couple of months before I got bored of the seasonal play. D2 held me my attention for years on end because each character i rolled was a unique gameplay experience. This was not ingrained in the core class designs for D3 and I found the gear-based gameplay shake-ups frustrating due to the inherit limitations associated with gear sets in an infinitely scaling gear system.

Cliff notes: Release was bad, RoS was a decent game but not a "great" diablo game.

Quote Originally Posted by A Blue Smurf View Post
    It was only hard because the drops were non-existent and you were required to use the RMAH to get any decent gear.

I personally found the release version shallow and boring. I "suffered" through it because I wanted to play diablo but ultimately after I had cleared the story and realised that the game was not going to get any better (in the immediate term), I dropped it. Came back sometime after RoS was released due to the generally good feedback and a discounted price and thoroughly enjoyed it for a good couple of months before I got bored of the seasonal play. D2 held me my attention for years on end because each character i rolled was a unique gameplay experience. This was not ingrained in the core class designs for D3 and I found the gear-based gameplay shake-ups frustrating due to the inherit limitations associated with gear sets in an infinitely scaling gear system.

Cliff notes: Release was bad, RoS was a decent game but not a "great" diablo game.
    I agree with what you said. It was shallow once you beat the game and the gear RNG was stupid - I ended up AH playing, making beeez (old meme...) in 1.8, so I could get good gear.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Not gonna read a thread which starts with ,, Diablo 3 is a terrible gameˋˋ

However as me and my friends enjoyed it for far over 2k hours each and only paid between 40-70 bucks. I would say it was a good game for the price
    This. Get a cookie. Even if the game was terrible, I'd like it just because of RoS and the Crusader...

Overall, I enjoyed the game. RoS I think was the best part. But maaan. So many little plots left hanging. Also, wish the original plan for the male barbarian to be the same one from D2 would've been cool.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of, yes then no.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I haven't played that many games and from my very limited experience I do rate Diablo 3 fairly high on the scale when it comes to the actual game systems (hello Kanai's Cube). I'm sure there are equally good games out there that perhaps brings even more depth into the mix, I just haven't played it yet.

I have nothing to hold on to when it comes to D3. Maybe because it's not an MMO. Although I'm not sure if I even play an MMO version of Diablo 3, the gore and the darkness is just too much. I need more positive influences.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    the gore and the darkness is just too much. I need more positive influences.
    Heh. It's nice to see someone say this. Only because D3 was ridiculed for being too "light." It was not nearly as dark as d2 or what D4 is looking to go back to. To the point where the unicorn level was added as an "f" you basically to the "its too whimsical and light" crowd.

I enjoy it. Playing a monk atm and just cleared GR 106. Gonna grind some more and try to get ~10 more levels so I can get on the leaderboard. That's the only goal I have and once thats done, I'll take a break and maybe pick up next season with a dif class.

Considering I got the original game for free along with a mount because I continued paying a sub for a year that I would've been playing anyway, it was very much "worth it".

In fact when loot 2.0 released but before RoS released was probably the most enjoyable period of Diablo 3 for me.

I also enjoyed RoS for what it was, but rifts and Grifts never really spoke to me. I'd rather just run around and complete bounties.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

D3 was ultra trash when it came out. The 2 years it had the cheaters auction house to steal money for Blizz it was trash since everything was built to feed the action house.

But, when they dumped that crap and started the seasons it became great. I've beaten all 20+ seasons and really enjoyed it.

Too bad most of my friends only played 1.0 and now hate Diablo and Blizz forever...

Each season i play around 100 hours, got my money back tons so far, 10/10 if you are a fan of arpg

As people said original game with real money auction house was horrible. After first expansion it was a pretty decent game played quite a few seasons also.