Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

An early look at the great vault, the new weekly chest.

Last edited by hitman84; 2020-07-30 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Grammar and spelling

Quote Originally Posted by hitman84 View Post
    I think the system is great, but I’m disappointed that we no longer get separate M+/Raid/pvp loot anymore.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

And the worst nightmares came true. After reading further, that's probably even worse than I've imagined...

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I think the system is great, but I’m disappointed that we no longer get separate M+/Raid/pvp loot anymore.
    What raid loot though? There was no weekly reward for raiding before.

No raid in first week of release shadowland, No mythic and Mythic+ till next week of shadowland, no conquests till the new season (i assume 1-2 weeks later..?)
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-08-11 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I guess it's made so the other two activites are only bonus and you're not forced to do them weekly for the loot

Mythic+ item level is determined by the lowest level of the top X dungeons.

Generally a good idea to prevent people buying 1 boost per week that's way above their normal play. But let's hope "X" isn't to big of a number because it would discourage me from helping friends in low mythic+

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And the worst nightmares came true. After reading further, that's probably even worse than I've imagined...
    You should explain your opinion a bit, I have no idea why you think it is a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Generally a good idea to prevent people buying 1 boost per week that's way above their normal play. But let's hope "X" isn't to big of a number because it would discourage me from helping friends in low mythic+
    I would expect X to correspond to the number of runs you need to unlock a reward. With the current 1/5/15 unlocks, for the first one, it accounts for only one run, for the second its 5 and the third 15.

Thats the only way it makes any sense. You don't get to run one +15 and 14 +2 and get 3 +15 item choices.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    No raid in first week of release shadowland, mythic starts in probably a week later so only option left is conquest in first week?
    no conquest until arena season starts

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I would expect X to correspond to the number of runs you need to unlock a reward. With the current 1/5/15 unlocks, for the first one, it accounts for only one run, for the second its 5 and the third 15.

Thats the only way it makes any sense. You don't get to run one +15 and 14 +2 and get 3 +15 item choices.
    Having X=15 for third bracket would mean I do 14x +15 and then carry a friends fresh 120 through a +3... my ilvl pick is from +3.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    No raid in first week of release shadowland, mythic starts in probably a week later so only option left is conquest in first week?
    the pvp season does not start right away, so no, none of these will be available til raid/M+/pvp is open.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Having X=15 for third bracket would mean I do 14x +15 and then carry a friends fresh 120 through a +3... my ilvl pick is from +3.
    And without that 15th run, you would not get a 3rd choice at all. You don't really lose anything you would've had.
    The first two choices are still from your +15 pool.

I am really pleased by what i see here. Only thing i'm not really sure about is the number of M+ and raid bosses required for step 3 - i feel they should be lower. Like, 2/4/7 raid bosses and 1/5/10 M* (or 1/3/6 different ones).

I'm totally for the "we're gonna count the lower": it won't change a thing if you only do a single run/week but if you want more high ilvl options you really need to work your ass for them. I can see myself doing the raid ones weekly and a M+ run for the additional drop so i can make sure it's top ilvl. If i have more time, i'm gonna try for the second step of M+.

All fo this assuming you'll have different loot tables and you're gonna get related gear depending on the activity.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

No, it says that the ilvl will be determined by an amount of your highest done keys.
    If X is 3, then you do 3 15s and can do as many low keys as you want.
    We still have to see how it will work out, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    No, it says that the ilvl will be determined by an amount of your highest done keys.
    I answered to a suggestion to make X=15 for it. Personally I also hope that Y isn't higher than let's say 5 for the last bracket. But maybe wanting to choose from 3 high ilvl options actually should require players to do a lot of high dungeons for the third bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Maybe not even keys at all. It says "mythic dungeon". So it might be that they are using this as a way to increase M0 participation further in the expansion. Would be a great way to help alts gearing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I am really pleased by what i see here. Only thing i'm not really sure about is the number of M+ and raid bosses required for step 3 - i feel they should be lower. Like, 2/4/7 raid bosses and 1/5/10 M* (or 1/3/6 different ones).
    It's the same depth vs. breadth thing. It's easy to get one option from each, but going deeper requires more effort.

Most likely what this does in effect is that you can't rush 14 +3 keys, do one +15, and get 3x +15 rewards. Makes sense to me. If you want 3x +15 rewards, you'll have to do 15x +15 keys.

I'm a big fan of this system. The only thing I'm worried about is how diluted loot will be by the huge amount of Conduits there are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's the same depth vs. breadth thing. It's easy to get one option from each, but going deeper requires more effort.
    It's likely also preliminary balance. If Conquest is as easy to earn as current, getting 3x PvP rewards takes a few hours at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The only thing I'm worried about is how diluted loot will be by the huge amount of Conduits there are.
    I doubt they changed that the conduits are on a seperate drop chance, so they won't have any effect.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense. I don't know if 15 M+ is something doable as i never dabbled much into them; i know for sure that 10 raid bosses is "wonky", as in what if the raid tier actually has not 10 bosses - do i need to run lower difficulties or LFR just to fill up the bar?

Anyway, a way better system than how it is now.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.