Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I doubt they changed that the conduits are on a seperate drop chance, so they won't have any effect.
    Separate drop chance? Not sure what you mean - are you saying the chest won't have any Conduits at all? Haven't seen anything about that.

EDIT:
    Editing this comment because idiots still are trying to citate it, though they have their answers below.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-08-01 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    It's likely also preliminary balance. If Conquest is as easy to earn as current, getting 3x PvP rewards takes a few hours at most.
    Well, given how 3x is not actual loot but options, i think it's better for actually targeting specific loot instead of "i need to do all". From how it's setup, the best course to take is "i'm gonna get 3x of this specific tier".

If i need my BiS from M+, i'm gonna farm those so i can get 3 rolls from that loot table. Instead, if i need something from raid, i'll make sure to do those bosses. It doesn't make much sense to run all the things all the time, since you're not gonna bring back home more than 1 item per week.

- - - Updated - - -

Separate drop chance? Not sure what you mean - are you saying the chest won't have any Conduits at all? Haven't seen anything about that.
    Conduits are on a separate roll/loot table. So if a boss has X chance to drop an item and Y to drop a conduit, you can get both or nothing or one, but one dropping doesn't affect the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    So instead of doing 1 M+ for the chance of getting best possible item I will have to do 15 mythic+ dungeons?

Da fuq Blizz XD

EDIT:

But wait... It's even worse!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mythic+ item level is determined by the lowest level of the top X dungeons.
    No. if you run a single +15, you're gonna get the highest ilvl. Just, you're gonna get a single item choice. If you run 15 dungeons, you'll get 3 choices - but you're gonna bring back home 1 item only.

If you do a single M+ run each week, it's gonna work exactly the same as now.

EDIT: it's made on purpose so you don't do a single +15 and then spam 14 +1 to get all max ilvl. It seems that each step also counts the specific dungeons done to reach it - so if you do a 15, you'll get the max ilvl as choice 1. If you then do 4 +10, the second choice will be a +10. same for the third step.

It's actually a good system. Who is really committed and it's gonna run AT LEAST X (we don't know what X is) is gonna get the full array of 3 max ilvl choices.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-07-30 at 10:14 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

So instead of doing 1 M+ for the chance of getting best possible item I will have to do 15 mythic+ dungeons?

Da fuq Blizz XD

EDIT:

yeah it's not like people are gonna do 14 +2 then 1 +15 to get max rewards or anything

Da fuq Blizz XD

EDIT:

So a person who did +20, +15 +16, AND +5 to help alts will get +5 mythic cache?
    While someone who just did once +6 dungeon will receive better rewards?

Nice options Blizz xD
    Yikes your basic understanding is pretty shit. Not gonna lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, given how 3x is not actual loot but options, i think it's better for actually targeting specific loot instead of "i need to do all". From how it's setup, the best course to take is "i'm gonna get 3x of this specific tier".

If i need my BiS from M+, i'm gonna farm those so i can get 3 rolls from that loot table. Instead, if i need something from raid, i'll make sure to do those bosses. It doesn't make much sense to run all the things all the time, since you're not gonna bring back home more than 1 item per week.
    I know it's options, but 15 M+ runs, 10 raid bosses, and 500 Conquest (which currently is like 10-15 arena wins) isn't comparable. That's all I'm saying - it's likely not balanced yet (or Conquest will be FAR slower to earn).

Conduits are on a separate roll/loot table. So if a boss has X chance to drop an item and Y to drop a conduit, you can get both or nothing or one, but one dropping doesn't affect the other.
    Right but that doesn't actually explain how it will work with the weekly chest though. Either you'd be able to pick more than one item (a normal piece + a Conduit), or Conduits wouldn't show up in the chest at all, for that to be true. Otherwise Conduits are going to be able to take several of the option slots.

EDIT: Also, regardless of how fast Conquest is to earn, 1 -> 5 M+ runs is a lot more of a step than 3 -> 7 raid bosses or 100 -> 150 Conquest. Not to mention 5 -> 15 M+ runs or 7 -> 10 raid bosses.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2020-07-30 at 10:20 AM.

Mostly good, but 15 dungeons is too much and it should count the highest key done (just like it counts highest rating and highest raid kill)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    No, he understood the post correctly.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

the more I hear about SL the more I love BfA...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

What a shitshow.

Imagine getting invited to 15 M+ every week, or even 5 as a non-meta dps. Or making your own group 15 times spending god knows how many hours in queue.

Or if you are willing to go through the hell of organizing and scheduling 5 people to play together with 8 hours every week, you might as well just raid mythic. Way more productive and rewarding.

I don't see how this feature is an improvement for the general populace. It is just gonna increase the gaps even further between meta and non-meta classes, and between mythic raiders and everyone else.

No. if you run a single +15, you're gonna get the highest ilvl. Just, you're gonna get a single item choice. If you run 15 dungeons, you'll get 3 choices - but you're gonna bring back home 1 item only.

If you do a single M+ run each week, it's gonna work exactly the same as now.

EDIT: it's made on purpose so you don't do a single +15 and then spam 14 +1 to get all max ilvl. It seems that each step also counts the specific dungeons done to reach it - so if you do a 15, you'll get the max ilvl as choice 1. If you then do 4 +10, the second choice will be a +10. same for the third step.

It's actually a good system. Who is really committed and it's gonna run AT LEAST X (we don't know what X is) is gonna get the full array of 3 max ilvl choices.
    On the wowhead it's said that the weekly M+ drop will be based on your lowest M+ done that week.

Though I really hope it's going to work as you presented.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Elaborate instead of writing stupid comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, he understood the post correctly.
    He did not. The intention is obviously to avoid people doing 14x +3 keys and 1x +15 and get 3 choices of +15 loot.

Doing a single +15 and a single +3 is still going to give a single +15 reward from the chest. Doing 5 +15 and 7 +3 is going to give two +15 rewards. Doing 12 +15 and 3 +3 is going to give two +15 rewards and one +3 reward to choose from.

The same system makes sense for raid bosses as well, but not as much for Conquest.

Would make more sense for the PvP rewards if the criteria were something like "win 3/7/10 arena matches or 1/2/3 RBGs", as you could then apply the same system to it.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2020-07-30 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    What a shitshow.

Imagine getting invited to 15 M+ every week, or even 5 as a non-meta dps. Or making your own group 15 times spending god knows how many hours in queue.

Or if you are willing to go through the hell of organizing and scheduling 5 people to play together with 8 hours every week, you might as well just raid mythic. Way more productive and rewarding.

I don't see how this feature is an improvement for the general populace. It is just gonna increase the gaps even further between meta and non-meta classes, and between mythic raiders and everyone else.
    You know that you only get 1 item, no matter what?

He did not. The intention is obviously to avoid people doing 14x +3 keys and 1x +15 and get 3 choices of +15 loot.

Doing a single +15 and a single +3 is still going to give a single +15 reward from the chest. Doing 5 +15 and 7 +3 is going to give two +15 rewards. Doing 12 +15 and 3 +3 is going to give two +15 rewards and one +3 reward to choose from.

The same system makes sense for raid bosses as well, but not as much for Conquest.

Would make more sense for the PvP rewards if the criteria were something like "win 3/7/10 arena matches or 1/3/6 RBGs", as you could then apply the same system to it.
    Then he understood correctly, it’s just that if what you said it’s true, the blue post was wrong because there is no way someone could infer what you said from the blue post alone. It literally says the it lvl is determined by the lowest of the top x.
    Last edited by exdeath202; 2020-07-30 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    You know that you only get 1 item, no matter what?
    Yes but your one item is usually going to be worse than an item somebody got by picking from more options than you, so you are going to fall behind. As I said, it just increases the gaps.

On the wowhead it's said that the weekly M+ drop will be based on your lowest M+ done that week.

Though I really hope it's going to work as you presented.
    I am not 100% sure. But is the string pulled out from game data:
    Code:
    WEEKLY_REWARDS_COMPLETE_MYTHIC
    Complete Mythic Level %1$d dungeons. The reward is based on the lowest level of your top %2$d runs.
    It says "your top X runs". So, the top X of 1 run is 1, until it checks the whole streak for all rewards. Anyway, still makes sense. Boosts can still survive since you can boost a single run but i don't think anyone is gonna boost 15 runs to a random guy (not counting the amount of gold required). Again, independently from what it checks, if you limit yourself to a single +15 run/week, you're gonna get the exact same as it is now.

Point is, you're gonna get more than now if you invest actual effort on this. If you just "want to get it done", just to the single weekly and roll a single piece.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's options, but 15 M+ runs, 10 raid bosses, and 500 Conquest (which currently is like 10-15 arena wins) isn't comparable. That's all I'm saying - it's likely not balanced yet (or Conquest will be FAR slower to earn).

Right but that doesn't actually explain how it will work with the weekly chest though. Either you'd be able to pick more than one item (a normal piece + a Conduit), or Conduits wouldn't show up in the chest at all, for that to be true. Otherwise Conduits are going to be able to take several of the option slots.

EDIT: Also, regardless of how fast Conquest is to earn, 1 -> 5 M+ runs is a lot more of a step than 3 -> 7 raid bosses or 100 -> 150 Conquest. Not to mention 5 -> 15 M+ runs or 7 -> 10 raid bosses.
    Oh now i get it. Yeah, it's all about balance and what's faster to do, but since they're 3 different loot tables, you're not gonna get M+ loot by doing just raid bosses (i assume - we don't know how it will actually works).

As for conduits, i think we're gonna either not see them in the cache or as an additional item. Agree with you that if conduits are treated as standard item and put into the same loot table they're gonna dilute the chances by a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Yes but your one item is usually going to be worse than an item somebody got by picking from more options than you, so you are going to fall behind. As I said, it just increases the gaps.
    People putting in effort get rewarded by more choices instead of more power. It’s a great system.

You’re getting hung up on placeholder details...

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Mostly good, but 15 dungeons is too much and it should count the highest key done (just like it counts highest rating and highest raid kill)
    As posted before, it's made so you don't run a +15 and then all +1 for the week. It makes sense if the ilvl check is made separately for brackets, so you have freedom in setting up the runs. If anything, it should be the same for raid bosses (kill at least X on heroic to get heroic ilvl).

EDIT: i think the top X will be something around 4 or 5. So you have to do at least those +15, then you can spam low ones safely. Makes more sense and it's definitely more doable by anyone.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-07-30 at 10:42 AM.

I am not 100% sure. But is the string pulled out from game data:
    Code:
    WEEKLY_REWARDS_COMPLETE_MYTHIC
    Complete Mythic Level %1$d dungeons. The reward is based on the lowest level of your top %2$d runs.
    It says "your top X runs". So, the top X of 1 run is 1, until it checks the whole streak for all rewards. Anyway, still makes sense. Boosts can still survive since you can boost a single run but i don't think anyone is gonna boost 15 runs to a random guy (not counting the amount of gold required). Again, independently from what it checks, if you limit yourself to a single +15 run/week, you're gonna get the exact same as it is now.

Point is, you're gonna get more than now if you invest actual effort on this. If you just "want to get it done", just to the single weekly and roll a single piece.
    Thanks for clarifying that.

Quote Originally Posted by exdeath202 View Post
    Then he understood correctly, it’s just that if what you said it’s true, the blue post was wrong because there is no way someone could infer what you said from the blue post alone. It literally says the it lvl is determined by the lowest of the top x.
    Not sure what blue post you're talking about, I'm referring to this string:

And extrapolating via logic that A) it wouldn't say "lowest level of your top runs" if there wasn't a cut-off and B) that number of runs wouldn't be a variable unless it could change (most likely with the next bracket of additional reward options).

I admit I'm guessing. We all are. But I can't see any other conclusion being logical.

I don't know if 15 M+ is something doable as i never dabbled much into them;
    I love doing m+ but 15 is probably too much for me too. A dungeon itself is over in half an hour, but with talking about the route, going there, picking up a drink before starting and just chatting with your buddies it takes a bit longer. I play a couple evenings 20-22 o'clock in which time we mostly do 3 dungeons. That means 5 days a week dedicated to dungeons to make the third bracket. Considering I also want to raid 2 nights that's not gonna happen at all for me.