Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    If I understand Ion correctly, then you will have the same Conduit layout for every spec, which can be changed weekly. BUT you still can choose different paths within the Soulbinds for each spec. Most soulbinds have at least 3 different paths, where only one or two conduits are shared by all paths. So in reality you will be able to use different conduits for each spec within each soulbind.
    Well you didn't undestand Ion correctly. You can only choose one path on those soulbinds, not all of them. And furthermore, you may have "dead" conduits in them for other specs - the conduits aren't even ambidexterous that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azevin View Post
    Some of the conduits are spec-specific so it makes zero sense that the conduits do not change when you change spec. Take a look at the Pelagos soulbind from a warlock perspective. It does not matter if each spec can choose a different path. The 6th row in the Pelagos conduit does not have an alternative path. You are stuck with that throughput conduit no matter which path you choose.

Look at the available throughput conduit choices on the 6th and 7th rows. These are all spec-specific throughput conduits. There are 4 Destruction throughput conduits, 4 Demonology throughput conduits, 4 Affliction throughput conduits, and there is a covenant-specific throughput conduit (ie: Soul Tithe in this case). If I have a Destruction conduit selected, it MUST change when I switch to Affliction else this soulbind is completely off limits to anything other than Destruction until the next weekly cooldown reset.
    Yep, as I said - this sucks ass. Horrible system. They HAVE TO change the design philosophy here.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well you didn't undestand Ion correctly. You can only choose one path on those soulbinds, not all of them. And furthermore, you may have "dead" conduits in them for other specs - the conduits aren't even ambidexterous that way.
    You can only choose one path at a time, yes. But you can freely alter between paths at any given time. Meaning that you socket your conduit abilities in a fitting order into your soulbinds in a way that Spec 1 chooses Path 1 for single target, Path 2 for cleave and path 3 for AoE. Then Spec 2 chooses Path 4 for ST, Path 5 for cleave and Path 6 for AoE. And this goes for every Soulbind.

This system looks actually pretty good. As Ion said: Think of conduits as abilities in a skill tree. You can only change the layout of the tree once a week, but you can redistribute your skillpoints anytime!
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-07-30 at 12:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can only choose one path at a time, yes. But you can freely alter between paths at any given time. Meaning that you socket your conduit abilities in a fitting order into your soulbinds in a way that Spec 1 chooses Path 1 for single target, Path 2 for cleave and path 3 for AoE. Then Spec 2 chooses Path 4 for ST, Path 5 for cleave and Path 6 for AoE. And this goes for every Soulbind.

This system looks actually pretty good. As Ion said: Think of conduits as abilities in a skill tree. You can only change the layout of the tree once a week, but you can redistribute your skillpoints anytime!
    No, you can not freely alter between paths at any given time. You can freely change between different soulbinds.

You pick one path for the soulbind tree and that's it. It's locked like that for the week, for all specs.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

You cannot freely alter the paths. You can freely change which soulbind is selected but the path of that soulbind is locked for the week. It's basically a week long respec lockout.

I'm hearing a lot of people say the anima flow (ie: the "path") is fixed for the entire week. That's not what the blue post says. Here's the quote again for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    If you want to rebuild your Soulbind trees, once per week you’ll be able to clear all of their Conduits, with a separate cooldown per Soulbind. But once you’ve decided on your desired Conduit placements, we want to ensure that the system offers as much flexibility as other existing talent systems, so you’ll be able to switch which Soulbind is active or redirect the flow of Anima through a Soulbind’s tree (essentially respeccing them) any time you visit your Sanctum. And if you have a different Soulbind per spec, or a different active trait path within a given Soulbind, that will be saved on a per-specialization basis, and will automatically change whenever and wherever you change specializations.
    Redirected the anima flow (ie: choosing the path within the tree) is not limited by the 1-week cooldown. You can visit your sanctum as much as you want. It's only changing the conduits within the soulbinds that can only be changed once per week.

I agree that conduits need to change per spec, but I wanted to clarify for the people saying you can't change the soulbind path more than once per week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for 9.3.5 "We added several soulbinds to each spec so people arnt locked into just 1 "set" of conduits per spec.

And people will praise them for it.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Lookng through all of WoW's lifetime is the mistake you're making. You only need to check the most recent 3-4 expansions to see it plain face. They weren't *always* like this, but its been a slow change into their only goal being increased playtime for returns.

Everything about the expansions now are temporary expansion-length systems that force you to stay subbed for the entire expansion or forever fall behind until the next one.
    Ya your little play time rant has nothing at all to do with them with them putting things into the beta to trick players into accepting a still bad but slightly better system.

but its also adorable that you think wow hasn't always been about keeping you subbed or that if you fall behind you get left behind for the full expan.

Quote Originally Posted by goldentforce View Post
    way better but still gonna suck refarming every new tier for the next levels. Still a good improvement
    How do you fucking think they're going to be obtained, LOL? Of course they're going to be a random drop from bosses, holy shit, did you actually believe otherwise? Do you not know the company whose game you play like at all? Where have you been past the last 2 expansions where everything they have done was to increase retention time and the longevity of grinds?

Quote Originally Posted by Cede View Post
    You cannot freely alter the paths. You can freely change which soulbind is selected but the path of that soulbind is locked for the week. It's basically a week long respec lockout.
    Yes, yes you can. Learn to read. "redirect the flow of Anima through a Soulbind’s tree (essentially respeccing them) any time you visit your Sanctum"

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    No, you can not freely alter between paths at any given time. You can freely change between different soulbinds.

You pick one path for the soulbind tree and that's it. It's locked like that for the week, for all specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cede View Post
    That would make no sense at all. Because if you can only choose a different path at the same time as you can change your conduits, you would not need different paths at all, since you could just alter your conduit setup instead.

I’m the first one to call Blizz out on their crap, and am SUPER tired of Rent-A-Power systems, but... this sounds great? Like this sounds like a much better implementation of a borrowed power system than BFA, and I’d argue even better than (early, before there was any Bad Luck Protection) Legion even.

It’s clear Blizz is listening now. Now let’s see if the modern devs can create a game that doesn’t feel like aliens trying to figure out what the concept of “fun” is.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    How do you fucking think they're going to be obtained, LOL? Of course they're going to be a random drop from bosses, holy shit, did you actually believe otherwise? Do you not know the company whose game you play like at all? Where have you been past the last 2 expansions where everything they have done was to increase retention time and the longevity of grinds?
    yeah thats why i said it sucked. The players hate farming for the thing they already have but at a higher ilv cause its a new tier. That sucks, but this is better than destructable conduits where you'd have to refarm the same conduits during the same tier if you ever have to switch conduits for any variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you don't even know how the ranks will be obtained yet. maybe wait to see that little tidbit first before slamming it and calling it a failure
    We literally know that the conduits will be obtained; via random drop from several sources, they've literally told us that.We also know they said that if you get a higher one from doing higher content it auto replaces the version below.

With the info we have, what more do I need to say it's going to be a grind? We also have 15 years of WoW where they have literally never been able to balance the specs, so again, what more do I need to say they're not going to be able to balance it this time when it's layers deep of a system on top of the basic systems with not only all the specs to balance but 4 different covenants worth to balance?

I'll call it like I see it, and if I'm proven wrong, the only thing that happens is I'm happy about it. If I take the "wait and see, it could be okay" stance, the only thing that awaits if disappointment if (when really) it fails.