Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except this is rewarding effort, that's the point of it.
    Chain running 14 +1 is not effort, especially as a well geared character, it's just an inane time sink. All in all, they system conceptually works BUT we (as you said) don't know how big the X is and if the numbers are final. If anything, i'll bring those 15 runs to at max 10, or even 8. As filling up the 3 slots of raiding is pretty easy sapmming lower difficulties, i'd add to them the same rule in place for M+

- - - Updated - - -

It could easily be less than the amount required for the bracket. So the brackets are 1/5/15 but rewards are based on 1/3/7.
    Pretty confident it's something like that and i'm pretty sure the 1/5/15 will be lowered aswell. As said above, the major issue i see is not how the rewards are given but how much of a difference is there between the three type of contents.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It could easily be less than the amount required for the bracket. So the brackets are 1/5/15 but rewards are based on 1/3/7.
    You missed the important part of the discussion. They literally thought you would get rewards based on the lowest one ran that week. What you presented could obviously be true, but tell me how that would mean the blue post is false?

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    No raid in first week of release shadowland, mythic starts in probably a week later so only option left is conquest in first week?
    I mean you will be spending the first couple of weeks leveling and doing non mythic stuff I would imagine, be patient as the content won't be going anywhere lmao.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

That's fine, rewarding people for doing content they enjoy is great. You do still need to consider the people being "forced" into doing it as well, however, and there's a very clear imbalance in time investment required for the milestones in the different areas(with M+ taking significantly longer than the other 2).

I'd definitely prefer if it was just 1 pool myself as well, but Blizzard wants to force people into content they don't really want to do and have for many years. It's the whole point of the extra WM rewards, for example.

- - - Updated - - -

That's actually a very good point, getting a "full bar" of mythic kills isn't realistic, even on farm, so there has to be leeway to account for that.
    Blizzard isn't forcing ANYONE to do ANYTHING besides pay a sub (and that's only to be allowed to login the game). Whatever you chose to do in this game is up to you and you alone. If you want to join a TOP10(100 etc) Mythic raiding guild, they'd expect you to maximise gear drop, and I don't blame them. But don't try and tell us that it's Blizzard's fault for creating a more interesting way of acquiring gear.

Also considering how often loot dropped in the raid scene in the past, i doubt you'd really need the 3rd chest unlocked every week.

And to the point of M+, people that are running 15 keys or more per week, do have a lot of free time on their hands.
    It should be pretty easy to get anywhere between 2 and 6 loot options every week if you dabble in a bit of everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

They already significantly cut the amount of gear you get from M+.

- - - Updated - - -

And giving feedback is our way of trying to make the changes go in the right direction.
    And who do you think are you giving feedback to here? You think Ion lurks here?

Also you are giving feedback to something that isn’t even officially activated for testing on beta.

What is the reward cap on this...?

I see this ending really,really badly if it turns into freebie mythic gear for everyone. Either rush raider io at launch,never pug, or be damned forever.

The lowest dungeon part really needs clarification quick before the community goes shitstorm with random guessing since most ppl takes something someone said on MMO as fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    What is the reward cap on this...?

I see this ending really,really badly if it turns into freebie mythic gear for everyone. Either rush raider io at launch,never pug, or be damned forever.
    wdym reward cap ? we assume that mythic raid boss kill qualifies for a mythic drop. so that would be the cap.
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Chain running 14 +1 is not effort, especially as a well geared character, it's just an inane time sink. All in all, they system conceptually works BUT we (as you said) don't know how big the X is and if the numbers are final. If anything, i'll bring those 15 runs to at max 10, or even 8. As filling up the 3 slots of raiding is pretty easy sapmming lower difficulties, i'd add to them the same rule in place for M+

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty confident it's something like that and i'm pretty sure the 1/5/15 will be lowered aswell. As said above, the major issue i see is not how the rewards are given but how much of a difference is there between the three type of contents.
    Problem with that is mythic. Due to benching(and progress, but that applies to all difficulties), you can't reliably fill it with mythic kills. You also don't have the option of rekilling the same boss on mythic, which is an option on other difficulties (even if it's a bit boring to do)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    I assume the third option is designed to be very difficult or time intensive to get. A progress raid group won’t get all 3 choices from the raid either because they won’t have that many bosses killed.
    Yeah, but in progress times you will also need more gear. Meaning that you need less choice, because most gear will be an upgrade to you. By the time you only need one or two specific items you will often have finished progressing or started your progress on a higher difficulty (meaning that you once again can use most of the gear the weekly chest offers for that higher difficulty).
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-07-30 at 12:42 PM.

So your way of playing the game has nothing to do with this discussion, then? Everything is technically optional, that's an irrelevant point. Those "self imposed requirements" are very much real and have to be considered when designing the game.
    I PvP and raid so yea it does.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Yeah, but in progress times you will also need more gear. Meaning that you need less choice, because most gear will be an upgrade to you. By the time you only need one or two specific items you will often have finished progressing or startet your progress on a higher difficulty (meaning that you once again can use most of the gear the weekly chest offers for that higher difficulty).
    thankyou.gif

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    You missed the important part of the discussion. They literally thought you would get rewards based on the lowest one ran that week. What you presented could obviously be true, but tell me how that would mean the blue post is false?
    It could also mean lowest overall, the string doesn't specify that it's per "section".
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    "Doesn't affect me so it isn't a problem". Kind of self-centered, wouldn't you say?

The fact of the matter is that that's the new optimal. The value of each tier is less than the previous, but optimal is optimal, and 15 M+ runs per week per character you want to optimize is a LOT.
    Then my suggestion, if you want the better rewards you do what is asked. It reeks of inwant the good stuff without the effort.

It could also mean lowest overall, the string doesn't specify that it's per "section".
    Yes because of course blizzard would give us 430 gear from running 14 +25 and 1 m0 because we were gearing an alt.

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    And who do you think are you giving feedback to here? You think Ion lurks here?

Also you are giving feedback to something that isn’t even officially activated for testing on beta.
    There's CMs reading MMOC, reddit, Twitter etc. That's not the point, though. "It's just beta" isn't an argument, assuming things will change on their own is delusional, so trying to shut down discussion like that is idiotic.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Then my suggestion, if you want the better rewards you do what is asked. It reeks of inwant the good stuff without the effort.
    Right. Would you be fine with the top reward for raids being 30 raid bosses, meaning you'd have to repeat the same raid several times, even when you don't get loot from it?

Empathy isn't hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    Yes because of course blizzard would give us 430 gear from running 14 +25 and 1 m0 because we were gearing an alt.
    They don't have a good track record of good design recently.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

They don't have a good track record of good design recently.
    Oh give me a break, you'd still have two rewards from M+25 to choose from anyway, both of which you wouldn't need anyway since you'd be clearing +25s ....

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    That's fine, the amount that's being asked currently isn't.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU