Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    As I said, "ooh shiny" is the entire reason we aren't still playing vanilla. People want new things in an always evolving video game, despite that being a crazy concept to you apparently.

Yes, they absolutely should not reuse old legendaries that we've already experienced a single expansion ago.
    Legion was two expansions ago.

And no, changing things for the sake of changing things is absolutely not the same thing as adding more content. Making that comparison is bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Here's a link that's easier to read and shows which expansion they stole the ideas from.

Can't say I'm shocked that blood fang and doomblade look the coolest so far as gameplay modification and are both new. Seriously I know this isn't just a rogue thing but reusing legiondaries is bullshit.
    "Stole the ideas from"...their own game. They were extremely clear the plan was to use popular/effective legendary effects from the past. Always a complaint.
    Wedge: "You know, the Imps on Coruscant used to call two Corellians together a conspiracy. Three they’d call a fight."
    Corran: "More fools they, then. Any Corellian knows three of us together is a victory."

Quote Originally Posted by ShiroRX View Post
    "Stole the ideas from"...their own game. They were extremely clear the plan was to use popular/effective legendary effects from the past. Always a complaint.
    Hey buddy, come on over here, that's it. Maybe reusing content purely to save a buck is bad game design
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Legion was two expansions ago.
    No, it wasn't. Retail is currently in BFA. Shadowlands stuff is still up to change (and hopefully will).

And no, changing things for the sake of changing things is absolutely not the same thing as adding more content. Making that comparison is bonkers.
    Not quite as bonkers as thinking we need 100% crit after stealth as a legendary shoulder in legion, then again as a talent in BFA, then again as a different legendary in shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    OK. So at this point the legiondary mantle of the master assassin has been turned into the talent master assassin which has been turned back into a legendary mark of the master assassin.
    So that's what every expansion since it was introduced?
    Seeing as Master Assassin has only been a talent for Assassination, I'd agree it's a bit rough to introduce it to Assassination a third time. For the other specs it's the first time it returns.

It was and is a general legendary though, so I'd still consider it a small issue compared to some of the really awful new legendaries there are. Essence of Bloodfang, Triune Ward, Lycara's Fleeting Glimpse - oh boy, so interesting!

- - - Updated - - -

Not quite as bonkers as thinking we need 100% crit after stealth as a legendary shoulder in legion, then again as a talent in BFA, then again as a different legendary in shadowlands.
    No you're right, it isn't bonkers to think the entirety of TBC was "changing things for the sake of changing them" and not at all "this is how the game can be better and more fun". It's just genuinely stupid.

I honestly can't understand why you think shitty new effects is better than good old ones. Again, if it was only good old ones you'd have a point.

No you're right, it isn't bonkers to think the entirety of TBC was "changing things for the sake of changing them" and not at all "this is how the game can be better and more fun". It's just genuinely stupid.

I honestly can't understand why you think shitty new effects is better than good old ones. Again, if it was only good old ones you'd have a point.
    Imagine your point being "anything new is going to be a shitty new effect" and thinking that's a good argument. Things can be new and also good. Crazy concept, right?

No one wants to eat stale bread. Stale bread is better than no bread if you're starving, but everyone prefers fresh.

Imagine your point being "anything new is going to be a shitty new effect" and thinking that's a good argument. Things can be new and also good. Crazy concept, right?
    If you spent some time thinking about what your "anything reused is bad " attitude would result in, you'd realise that the end result would in most cases lead to uninteresting effects. Quotas and forced innovation always leads to shit.

We're talking 200+ legendary effects here. If they all had to be new, are you even able to imagine how many of them would be uninteresting? Just look at the Azerite traits, how many of those were awe-inspiring?

Sure, you could instead go with 1 legendary per spec + 1 general per class + 1 general per armor class with all of them being new and interesting. Don't pretend like you'd prefer that though.

- - - Updated - - -

No one wants to eat stale bread. Stale bread is better than no bread if you're starving, but everyone prefers fresh.
    Except a more accurate comparison would be: no one wants to eat bread. We had bread yesterday. I'd rather have flour.

If you spent some time thinking about what your "anything reused is bad " attitude would result in, you'd realise that the end result would in most cases lead to uninteresting effects. Quotas and forced innovation always leads to shit.

We're talking 200+ legendary effects here. If they all had to be new, are you even able to imagine how many of them would be uninteresting? Just look at the Azerite traits, how many of those were awe-inspiring?

Sure, you could instead go with 1 legendary per spec + 1 general per class + 1 general per armor class with all of them being new and interesting. Don't pretend like you'd prefer that though.
    I'll never understand why people refuse to think Blizzard is capable of using their brains. These people are getting paid to be creative. It's no wonder everything is uninspiring these days with people like you defending it at every corner.

Except a more accurate comparison would be: no one wants to eat bread. We had bread yesterday. I'd rather have flour.
    No, it wouldn't. But that's a good comparison too. "We just ate pizza yesterday. I want something different for dinner tonight."

I'll never understand why people refuse to think Blizzard is capable of using their brains. These people are getting paid to be creative. It's no wonder everything is uninspiring these days with people like you defending it at every corner.
    We have proof of Blizzard being incapable of creating 200+ interesting effects at once. We have no proof of the opposite. Extrapolating from evidence is a pretty simple task when it's so clear-cut.

I'm able to use my brain and figure out that if I was forced to make 200 new effects, I'd make most of them uninteresting just for the sake of time constraints and the fact that they're temporary. Some would be interesting sure, but definitely not all.

Essence of Bloodfang cannot possibly be more than "let's add a reference to a Rogue set people like" - that effect is boring as shit, even if it ends up strong with tuning.

Second, how can Tiny Toxic Blades be considered a Rogue legendary rather than an Assassination one? Subtlety has Rupture now, but Outlaw has.. literally nothing to spread except non-lethal poisons? Seems strange.
    I can't be the only one that thinks this should have been the Venthyr ability effect. How is a leggo effect more powerful than a skill that is essentially a base ability?

We have proof of Blizzard being incapable of creating 200+ interesting effects at once. We have no proof of the opposite. Extrapolating from evidence is a pretty simple task when it's so clear-cut.

I'm able to use my brain and figure out that if I was forced to make 200 new effects, I'd make most of them uninteresting just for the sake of time constraints and the fact that they're temporary. Some would be interesting sure, but definitely not all.
    It's a good thing you aren't paid (well) to make said effects then. As I said, of course they churn out uninteresting mechanics when people like you make arguments that they are incapable of doing any better.

It's a good thing you aren't paid (well) to make said effects then.
    Nobody at Blizzard is paid to make 200 interesting new effects either. They're paid to make the game fun. Luckily nobody in management is dumb enough to think that means "create a literal ton of new effects just for the fuck of it".

Ok, stop with the useless fighting.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.