Poll: Most boring class (gameplay)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Warriors and Rogues. Melee combat is dull, especially without spells. So many of the abilities are just like an autoattack.
    this
    /10chars

Elemental shaman, arcane mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    That ^ what my thoughts also are (money, no lore)... and after discussing this question with friends (already in those "dark" times), I only became more deeply rooted in this opinion.
    Faction, not class, which, however, turned out to be "profitable" to turn into such (moreover, it's unclear what meaning WIII has here, given that there were only corresponding RTS heroes, without belonging to any classes at all (singles or belonging to specific faction), hence problems with lore for arguing about new "class = spec" applicable to RPG genre).
    Demon Hunter was a class in Warcraft III, just like Paladin was a class, in terms of that spesific game anyway. It's not really rocket science. They even had lore, though little.

Or you want to argue that Paladin is not a class? You apply same thing to Demon Hunters as you do with Paladins.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-30 at 12:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Red face

Doffen
    Demon Hunter was a class in Warcraft III, just like Paladin was a class, in terms of that spesific game anyway. It's not really rocket science. They even had lore, though little.

Or you want to argue that Paladin is not a class? You apply same thing to Demon Hunters as you do with Paladins.
    *tada-a-a*
    There shouldn't be any demon hunters as class, it should have been a faction (the same thing they're doing now with allied races, this stupid idea and all of them almost fully goes against adequate lore - consequences: whole world is drawn into the war between alliance and horde and is therefore divided into 2 camps (just bipolar, no neutrals or allied/hostile to both), quite obvious stupidity; there shouldn't be allied races, only certain neutral/(not)friendly factions; cause the same story as DH - no lore, just money). They have too narrow specialization and they're too limited in own interests (they are active as long as there is their purpose, and their purpose is very narrow direction). No one will do Argent Crusade/Argent Dawn classes - it's stupid, so why it's not stupid to make demon hunters? It's just a marketing class, that's all. Money, no lore. They abandoned this idea in TBC for a reason, from quite weighty considerations (although, of course, I shouldn't formulate it in such categorical way, but everything speaks for it - in fact, we fought against this faction during TBC).
    Paladins and priests being required for army regardless of presence or absence of undead, they have wide scope (hence quote's comparison with specific factions)... which isn't true for DH.

I don't know why it hurts you so much. This is just bare fact, they won't cut it out of game, mechanics won't allow it. What are you afraid of? Do you like it? Well, rejoice! but there was no basis for this misconception.
    Doffen
    "- When describing the Demon Hunter class during the stream, Chilton admitted that the class had originally been intended for The Burning Crusade, which released in 2007, but the idea had been scrapped because the developers “weren’t comfortable with adding a new class to the game.” Instead of adding a new class, The Burning Crusade allowed Horde character to play Paladins and Alliance characters to play Shamans for the first time. "
    Don't be ridiculous, I don't give a damn about this class, because I'm not playing. And devs words (I'm aware of what they said) can be interpreted in different ways, not literally - The fact is that there was such thought, but for some reason it didn't take root... and still they have no basis for it, hence it's mistake.

As for paladins/shamans are concerned, this is a faith-religious background, which was at heart of base lore (before WIII) *pointing at names in game containing, for example, the word hell* retcon changed everything, but what does this have to do with it?.. This doesn't justify any DH-class in any way.
    Doffen
    Same for you, it's bare facts that Demon Hunter is a class and have been so for ages. Demon Hunters being a faction do not stop them from being a class. Just like Paladins. Paladins are also just a faction. Originally a faction in the faction the Alliance.
    Paladins are combat healers with advanced capabilities, paladins are in DnD and they have many tasks... but there are no any DH in DnD, mmm?

Conventionally, DH faction's army consists not only of warriors (they are now focusing on them (2nd quote) as "class", but this is base warrior class (functional purpose) "corrupted" by specific ideology of the faction - features). Again, conventionally, this faction has its own "ideological" paladins, warriors, mages and others - are base classes, hence so much stupid talk about 3rd.. 5th.. 10th.. specs for them (new spec = class Legion ideology could be blamed partly for that too). Simple
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-03-31 at 05:21 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

5+ Year Old Account
    Every class or spec where you need to really make an effort to die in solo exploration. I guess the crown goes to Balance Druid.

*tada-a-a*Paladins and priests in the army are required regardless of the presence of undead, they have a wide scope... which isn't true for DH.
    That's not the only requirement for being a class you know. You should read the battle.net classic pages about units and heroes in Warcraft III. Great example Paladins btw, Paladins were Alliance only until TBC. Blizzard made new lore and Horde got them as well. Blizzard said they didn't add DH in TBC because: *tada-a-a*

"- When describing the Demon Hunter class during the stream, Chilton admitted that the class had originally been intended for The Burning Crusade, which released in 2007, but the idea had been scrapped because the developers “weren’t comfortable with adding a new class to the game.” Instead of adding a new class, The Burning Crusade allowed Horde character to play Paladins and Alliance characters to play Shamans for the first time. "

Death Knight shouldn't be a class either if we go by your reasoning.

I don't know why it hurts you so much. This is just bare fact, they won't cut it out of game, mechanics won't allow it. What are you afraid of? Do you like it? Well, rejoice! but there was no basis for this misconception.
    Same for you, it's bare facts that Demon Hunter is a class and have been so for ages. Demon Hunters being a faction do not stop them from being a class. Just like Paladins. Paladins are also just a faction. Originally a faction in the faction the Alliance. That you had to add this just to try to score a point is interesting. Funny how that goes.

It's pretty clear the only reason you argue against it is that you don't like the class. Just have that be your point.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-30 at 12:40 PM.

Fire Mage, it was cool back in TBC, nowdays you just press a few button and thats it, stuff that was baseline in the spec are now talents nobody uses.

No mana management, it thought thats a plus, but it made the spec more boring.

arcane and frost might be ok, sadly underperforming compared to fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depend son the spec of the class. Assassin Rogues are a lot more fun that Sub Rogues for me. Sub rogues have been a chore for me to play, I really wish I could have fun with them.

Also affliction locks. Although with affliction locks it's more due to me not having a clue what I am doing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Fire Mage, it was cool back in TBC, nowdays you just press a few button and thats it, stuff that was baseline in the spec are now talents nobody uses.

No mana management, it thought thats a plus, but it made the spec more boring.

arcane and frost might be ok, sadly underperforming compared to fire.
    The lack of mana management in general is one of my pet peeves about the current game today, and I will defend many things about the current game.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-07-31 at 10:32 AM.

Literally any tank spec. My god is tanking horribly boring right now. M+ is okay but raids are just a slog.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    Demon hunters have bad ass gameplay moments? ;o
    Am I missing something in the 3 button rotation?

I find DH one of the most boring ones, you press literally 3 buttons max and then you spam your 3 minute cd :P
    I'm at a point with my Havoc DH now where i am spending far most of my time in demonic.

That means i have an absolute shitton of haste most of the time. Its by FAR the highest apm in the game right now. If you like that its kinda fun actually.

The short cd's mean we have basicly 4-5 buttons in our rotation which is fairly decent by todays standards.

Fun is subjective. It sure isnt boring though.

Unholy dk on single target is the absolute most boring spec for me. There is no payoff. There is virtually no management. its slow and simple. yuk

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm at a point with my Havoc DH now where i am spending far most of my time in demonic.

That means i have an absolute shitton of haste most of the time. Its by FAR the highest apm in the game right now. If you like that its kinda fun actually.

The short cd's mean we have basicly 4-5 buttons in our rotation which is fairly decent by todays standards.

Fun is subjective. It sure isnt boring though.

Unholy dk on single target is the absolute most boring spec for me. There is no payoff. There is virtually no management. its slow and simple. yuk
    I think it's clear that there are two mindsets on this.

People who like fast button pressing over interconnected systems that fuel each other in a rotation will find DH fun and exciting.

People who like spells that interact with each other creating a deep and meaningful rotation over speed of pressing buttons will find DH the most boring spec in the game.

I'm obviously in the latter group. It's very unfortunate that DH is the coolest aesthetics/animations since it was clearly designed as an introduction class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any class in PvE.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I think it's clear that there are two mindsets on this.

People who like fast button pressing over interconnected systems that fuel each other in a rotation will find DH fun and exciting.

People who like spells that interact with each other creating a deep and meaningful rotation over speed of pressing buttons will find DH the most boring spec in the game.

I'm obviously in the latter group. It's very unfortunate that DH is the coolest aesthetics/animations since it was clearly designed as an introduction class.
    You think having the fastest apm and few buttons makes this class introductory? Your muscle memory needs to be pretty insane to plau this perfectly.

I understand you are trying to belittle it and stuff but i from someone who usually likes more complex classes vs a bm hutner f.eks. this, atm, isnt in the group of mindless pressing buttons in high end anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Depend son the spec of the class. Assasin Rogues are a lot more fun that Sub Rogues for me. Sub rogues have been a chore for me to play, I really wish I could have fun with them.

Also affliction locks. Although with affliction locks it's more due to me not having a clue what I am doing lol

The lack of mana management in general is one of my pet peeves about the current game today, and I will defend many things about the current game.
    i always return to mage each other expansion, but since the mana changes made in cataclysm he feels so boring.

And i played 6 months ago in classic a frost mage and was surprised how fast i go oom with the most mana efficient way to play a mage and found it very annoying, especially during the level phase when you do not stack mp5 or mana pots and just need to eat and do your evocation, BUT, without that crap, mage feels bland and boring.
    So i do not mean to make it so, that mana managment is extreme like in classic, just matter a little bit more.

Maybe its because blast wave feels so underwhelming now compared to how it was in TBC(dunno when they changed this to have almost no push back and deal little dmg)

In any case you end up with just a few useful buttons.

And fire is the most dominate spec.

I actually liked in a way how mana managment was handled in pre catacylsm with mp5 and willpower, life tap for locks, yeah maybe its better to not let non warlocks dd spec with a mana bar run oom too quickly, but it should be something to manage, not something that is non existent anymore, like my mage mana only disappears when i use speal steal - this is kinda lame.

Better make mana important again for mages, but give systems to get plenty of it back. Just imagine this, from a strict rpg point of view, a mage and mana not important at all(other than arcane) just does not feel right. Make mana reg higher, but spells should cost mana.

Imagine this, with enough haste corruption an affliction warlock in BfA managed to get oom and he could not get mana back, because life tap was removed!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Eye beam and Metamorphosis are cooldowns that feel good to press. Compare that to the ususal "get 20% more haste/crit/whatever for 20 seconds"-cooldowns which is what most other classes have. Yes, both types of cooldowns increase your DPS, but one is a boring buff and the other lets you slam onto the ground as a Demon.

Also notice that I don't see DHs as an interesting class. But they are superior to classes that are boring to play AND don't have any good moments, be it via Cooldown or just big hits.
    Dh are boring dude.. the flashy part was cool for a moment, untill you find out there is not much to it..

Ret is also kinda boring atm.. missing something cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Dh are boring dude.. the flashy part was cool for a moment, untill you find out there is not much to it..

Ret is also kinda boring atm.. missing something cool.
    Yeah, I know they are. But they are not the most boring imo and that's what this thread is about.

Most boring... the Druid. Everything a Druid does another class does it so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    monk healing is awful
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

In BfA, pretty much take your pick. They're all shells of their former selves once you strip away the bandaids like essences, corruptions, etc.

BM hunter does get marks for being extraordinarily sleep inducing though.

Arcane Mage /thread