Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    What raid loot though? There was no weekly reward for raiding before.
    There was in WOD and Legion at the mission table (though only the Legion one actually made you go into the raid), and indeed there was back in WOTLK as well (but IIRC the reward was only for badges of valor).
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Downside of this system:
    Sim the options of your weekly chest for the best one.
    Since you won't have to deal with Azerite, tf, corruption, etc anymore this should not be a real issue. I imagine more often than not the highest item level upgrade will provide the highest bonus, except for when one stat is WAY overpowering the other stats, which is not often the case at the beginning of expansions (since primary stats are more valuable in comparison. secondaries get more important in later patches, since they scale of each other).

Haven't read through the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been answered already.

My question is, if you complete all three tiers of the raid row on let's say heroic difficulty, and then run one +15, what's the ilvl of the raid tier scaling to? Or would the m+ row scale down? Or are they independent of each other, which means your picking m+ row everytime since it'll always be higher than heroic loot.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Haven't read through the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been answered already.

My question is, if you complete all three tiers of the raid row on let's say heroic difficulty, and then run one +15, what's the ilvl of the raid tier scaling to? Or would the m+ row scale down? Or are they independent of each other, which means your picking m+ row everytime since it'll always be higher than heroic loot.
    From the looks of things it's independent. Running 15s will ensure your M+ choices are at the max iLvl but your raid choices will basically be at HC ilvl only if highest raid you cleared was HC.
    Last edited by Great Destiny Man; 2020-07-30 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I imagine more often than not the highest item level upgrade will provide the highest bonus
    From my understanding, if you "max out" a single mode, you will be given multiple choices of the same mode, meaning that multiple choices will have the same Ilvl.

Then you are still left with the issue of items with unique effects and trinkets, which are naturally difficult gauge.

And it also leaves out the issue of what items you start off.
    Comparing them in a vacuum is one thing, but you also need to take into account what you currently wear.

It's not as bad as Corruption or Azerite, but the primary issue that you do not know the full extent of your options until they're presented, remains.

I really don't understand how people are saying this is worse then the current system.
    If all you did with this new system is one 15, it works exactly like it does now.
    Put in a little more effort and get more options to choose from.
    How is this a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by hitman84 View Post
    I really don't understand how people are saying this is worse then the current system.
    If all you did with this new system is one 15, it works exactly like it does now.
    Put in a little more effort and get more options to choose from.
    How is this a bad thing?
    What's not to understand? Mythic raiders will be getting more with less effort than what they are putting now, while everyone else will overall be getting less even if they put in more effort than now.

So if i'm getting it...let's say heroic raid ilvl is 200.

I do 10 heroic raid bosses and get 3 200 ilvl options.
    I do 15 m+10 and get 3 210 ilvl options.

Is this it? The weekly chest from max m+ is still higher ilvl than heroic raids?

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    If only I knew how to read new posts.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    What's not to understand? Mythic raiders will be getting more with less effort than what they are putting now, while everyone else will overall be getting less even if they put in more effort than now.
    Firstly, I don't think its an issue whatsoever that raiders get more choices of loot for clearing all of mythic. Its hard ass content that requires the most coordination and cooperation in multiplayer game. Mythic raiders do not get more loot though, just better choices. Everyone benefits from this system if they ran only 1 mythic+ a week because you are given the same one random loot or the choice of a currency if you don't want the loot, strictly better. The system is strictly better than the prior at 1 dungeon done and allows you the choice of doing more content for more choice of an item a week. If you were already doing 5/15 dungeons, a lot of rbgs/arena, or raiding you get more choice in your weekly cache which just solves the complaint that the box was useless and unrewarding. This is just better.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    They're not getting more? There just getting larger choice to choose from? And that's assuming they get through all the bosses. If anything heroic raiders will get more options with bosses that are less challenging and more likely to jump into lfr or pug a normal to fill out the check mark.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    So if i'm getting it...let's say heroic raid ilvl is 200.

I do 10 heroic raid bosses and get 3 200 ilvl options.
    I do 15 m+10 and get 3 210 ilvl options.

Is this it? The weekly chest from max m+ is still higher ilvl than heroic raids?
    Aside from not knowing the exact ilvl it will be in the end: +15 is harder than heroic raiding, so why wouldn't it reward higher ilvl?

I wonder how the Raid chest will work.
    For example I'm 3/12 mythic NYA currently. I can easily join a pug and farm that 3
    Then i boost my boss kill count to 10 by farming some heroic (i have curve, that's a given if i'm doing any sort of mythic content)
    My end of week chest would be 1 choice from Mythic and 2 choices from Heroic
    this is how i understand this.

And i wonder whether this will be able to pick loot from bosses I haven't killed or not. Mythic is no joke and sometimes progressing on a boss takes weeks upon weeks. Accessing such loot would be kinda silly. It would invalidate the reward from killing, as chances are that by the time you kill it, you got it from the weekly chest. WOD Garrison missions made mythic kills feel unrewarding (in terms of loot).

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    From my understanding, if you "max out" a single mode, you will be given multiple choices of the same mode, meaning that multiple choices will have the same Ilvl.

Then you are still left with the issue of items with unique effects and trinkets, which are naturally difficult gauge.

And it also leaves out the issue of what items you start off.
    Comparing them in a vacuum is one thing, but you also need to take into account what you currently wear.

It's not as bad as Corruption or Azerite, but the primary issue that you do not know the full extent of your options until they're presented, remains.
    Well, sure there will be cases where the ilvl difference between a potential item from the chest and the item you are currently wearing is the same. It won't happen often enough to matter though. And in those cases I would still prioritize the gear piece, that gives the most raw stats over anything else.
    It will only be difficult once you've run out of upgrades and begin to replace gear with the same ilvl. And by that point you either know your stat weights by heart or you don't care at all, because it honestly does only make a difference in simulations but not in the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman84 View Post
    They're not getting more? There just getting larger choice to choose from? And that's assuming they get through all the bosses. If anything heroic raiders will get more options with bosses that are less challenging and more likely to jump into lfr or pug a normal to fill out the check mark.
    What do you mean they are not getting more? They are getting the weekly chest with the max reward by just killing 1 mythic boss, no need to do M+ at all. How is that not more than what they are getting now with less effort?

And that is not the only thing, because you can't look at this change outside of the context of all the other changes. And every recent thing has been a buff to mythic raiding and a nerf to M+ - removal of titanforging, less dungeon loot, free weekly chest for raiders and more options in it, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by goldentforce View Post
    Mythic raiders do not get more loot though, just better choices.
    They do get more loot though because bosses drop loot, while dungeons without titanforging drop shit.

Holy shit there are some stupid people in here.

If you do 1 +15 and 4 +2, you get 1 +15 reward and 1 +2 reward to choose from. If you do an additional 10 +8 you get 1 +15, 1 +2 and 1 +8 reward.
    If you do 15 +15, you get 3 +15 rewards to choose from. This isn't rocket surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by goldentforce View Post
    If you were already doing 5/15 dungeons, a lot of rbgs/arena, or raiding you get more choice in your weekly cache which just solves the complaint that the box was useless and unrewarding. This is just better.
    But if you weren't it doesn't solve anything, it actually punishes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Aside from not knowing the exact ilvl it will be in the end: +15 is harder than heroic raiding, so why wouldn't it reward higher ilvl?
    You are preaching to a converse ,yeah doing a +15 is harder than killing 3 heroic raid bosses but why wouldn't it? Because they have done it in the past...remember wod: (2 x tier bosses) +1 kills and your garrison cache got upgraded to the next difficulty so I was wondering is this the situation and the raid cache have the same ilvl as the m+ cache but I understand we don't have that info yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    It won't happen often enough to matter though.
    It will most certainly happen.

People won't always a wear good or bad pieces, neither will they be offered good or bad pieces, hence you need to rely on sims to figure out what's better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Whats bad?

That people who run 15 Mythic+ will get more options to pick loot than those who just run 1 run a week?
    Yes those people also would want to run raids and pvp just to maximize your options.