Poll: How long for full AQ40 clear?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How long will it take for the first AQ40 clear?

Timer starts from when they enter the zone to when all the bosses r ded.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    They won't have mounts for the whole raid yet so that will slow the top guilds down...

So an hour, hour and a half maybe?

1 Hour and 48 minutes
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Mostly depends if C'Thun spawns tentacles in walls and shit or if the fight has been completely fixed and tested.

I would say about 75 minutes, given that there is quite a bit of trash and a lot of walking to do.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Probably like 75-90 min, rush c'thun, kill optional bosses on way out.

Would not be surprised to see a sub 75 min run however.

We already know how long it took. The gates first opened January 23rd 2006 and C'thun died April 25th 2006.

Are we really going to try to manufacture excitement about how fast guilds composed of members that have literally farmed the instance hundreds of times over more than a decade and practiced speed clears for years are going to clear the instance again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    We already know how long it took. The gates first opened January 23rd 2006 and C'thun died April 25th 2006.

Are we really going to try to manufacture excitement about how fast guilds composed of members that have literally farmed the instance hundreds of times over more than a decade and practiced speed clears for years are going to clear the instance again?
    Looks everyone, its the gatekeeper declaring that no fun shall be had in these lands! Laugh at him. Laaaugh.

Except it's well known that C'thun was bugged and literally unkillable at first release. They had to hotfix him, still unkillable. Had to hotfix him again, and the kill was later that day.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Except it's well known that C'thun was bugged and literally unkillable at first release. They had to hotfix him, still unkillable. Had to hotfix him again, and the kill was later that day.
    Not sure what that has to do with how long the first clear took.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Looks everyone, its the gatekeeper declaring that no fun shall be had in these lands! Laugh at him. Laaaugh.
    Hey you want to get excited about people clearing farm content they've done 100 times who am I to tell you not to.

Hey you want to get excited about people clearing farm content they've done 100 times who am I to tell you not to.
    You do realize people watch "speed clears" and "pro" players etc in many different games right? It is not always only about who can/does it for the first time, the question they asked is literally "how long will the run last from entry in the zone till end".

You are acting like people called it a world first or doubt if it can be killed or something.. some people are genuinely excited about how long it will take them to clear it and appreciate the preparation/dedication it takes to achieve that.

The trash starts to be more of an issue in there, though, doesn't it? Maybe I should turn on a vid from a private server but I'm guessing that even with insane DPS they still can't group stuff up like MC because the mobs are much more deadly? Although I don't really know all that much, I went in there for transmog but never did it at level.

World buffed to bajeezus the bosses are still gonna be like a minute or two, right?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

3 hours max but more realistic 1,5-2h imho.

15+ Year Old Account
    i say about a hour to 1.5 hours. the guilds that came from the private servers know exactly what to do that they will destroy it so quick just like when the First Rag died.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difficultly of Wow's older content by todays standard has been fascinating to watch. I cannot wait for people to clear what was the hardest content (Nax) at the time in under 2 hours.. In a way its a hilarious and at the same time heart breaking lol.

If the last boss was legitly unkillable for almost 3 months after the instance was released... you don't see how that would affect how long the first clear took?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If the last boss was legitly unkillable for almost 3 months after the instance was released... you don't see how that would affect how long the first clear took?
    What affected the length isn't relevant to the absolute value of how long it took. Whether the boss was unkillable or not it still died on April 25th and the gates still opened on January 23rd.

Since they'll have to literally walk everywhere first clear, I expect it'll be 3-4 hours because AQ is just. so. fucking. huge. If C'thun is OG bugged it'll be probably up to 48h before the first clear since Blizzard will have to fix it and trash will have to be recleared.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

What affected the length isn't relevant to the absolute value of how long it took. Whether the boss was unkillable or not it still died on April 25th and the gates still opened on January 23rd.
    Except we're not talking about the absolute value of how long it took, you're the only one doing that. Saying it took 2 months because it was bugged has no relation to how long it will take to do it this time, unless Blizz decides to implement it in its bugged state and not fix it for 2 months like they did the first time around.

It's like arguing about how long the heroic Lich King or other limited attempts fights took. If it took them 105 attempts and they only got 50 per week it would've taken them 3 weeks to do it. They might've been able to do it in on day 2 simply trying over and over. Artificial gating messes up your argument.

People like to watch speedclears, even of games from 30+ years ago.
    What do you have against this?

Yes, it absolutely does. If they killed it as soon as it was hotfixed on April 25th, and had been trying to kill it (while it was entirely unkillable) since, let's make up a date just for argument's sake, February 20th, then if it had been killable to begin with, the "absolute time" to kill it would have ended on closer to February 20th (maybe not ON Feb 20 because they would have had a lot more lock outs to gain more gear making it easier on April 25, but still closer, say, Feb 25th).

And you don't see why that is a problem with your method or why it impacts it?

Also, if I recall correctly, isn't determining that C'thun was mathematically unkillable what got Ion hired at Blizzard?