Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And the worst nightmares came true. After reading further, that's probably even worse than I've imagined...
    Yeah I'm with you on that. This is quite honestly horrible. With each new showing of each new SL thing it's very difficult to be excited for SL. I've never actually dreaded a WoW expansion before. This might actually be the first WoW expansion where I skip the beginning and only come back once they fix most the most glaring issues.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

People saying conquest is so easy to get. Yes,its easy in BfA, but will conquest come from many sources in SL as well? Tried to look it up but can't find any.

If its going to be so conquest comes from rated pvp only, it might not be that easy. But do anyone know what kind of pvp you have to do to get conquest, and how much for a win etc?

Of course it is a problem, problem is that people usually don't want to be "forced" to do content they don't like, especially in that quantity.

While you are not trully forced, you will gimp yourself if you don't do that. For sure anyone who aims a bit higher than casual content.
    It isn't really that big of a issue. Most people who do higher up take umbrage with doing the garbage content like isles or dailies.

Pushing 20+ keys or high rating is always a treat.

Overall the system looks pretty cool.

My only concern is what the chest raid loot table will look like.

I think killing 3 bosses then getting an item from the chest that drops off the last boss would be...disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    We need to grind 15 M15 dungeons every week.

For two years.

On every character.

So that's your every weekend schedule filled untill 2023.
    Yeah you don't understand how it works. If you only do a single +15 key, you get your 1 random +15 piece like you did in Legion and now do in BFA without having any control over what piece that is. If you do 15 +15s, you get to CHOOSE one item from 3 random items presented to you. If you want more control over your piece, you run 15 dungeons. If you just want to do one +15 and get a random piece of loot like it is now and then fuck off for the rest of the week, you can still do that.

Everybody fucking freaking out over this magical 15 dungeon number is fucking forgetting that the game isn't released yet. It's like 5-6 months away from release. The system isn't even available for testing yet because we're not at that stage of beta testing yet. Right now we're testing the basics like encounters and class gameplay enhancing system. Time will come for the "weekly loot choice" system. I don't think they will stick to the 15 number. It is too much and is most likely going to be reduced.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2020-07-30 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    People saying conquest is so easy to get. Yes,its easy in BfA, but will conquest come from many sources in SL as well? Tried to look it up but can't find any.

If its going to be so conquest comes from rated pvp only, it might not be that easy. But do anyone know what kind of pvp you have to do to get conquest, and how much for a win etc?
    People complaining that capping conquest is easier than the other 2 options completely miss the point that the conquest reward options will have ilvl based on your rating, so capping conquest in 10 mins (obvious exaggeration) doesn't really help if you can't get higher than duelist ilvl rewards in the first place.

Good system, but with some flaws.

I haven’t read the whole thread, but between here and WOWhead, there are certainly people feeling that they “need” to cap all 9 rewards each week for the “best selection” options.

Possible solution would be to cap it at 3 choices max, and those 3 choices would be the highest rewards you earned. If you give people 9 pieces of gear to choose from, then they’ll grind out all 9 options.

-edit-

Personally I might cap conquest early in the season but without the rating for higher ilvl the rewards will quickly lose appeal.
    Can see myself getting all 3 raid options and maybe 1 or 2 (at most) M+ options.
    So long as I have 2 or 3 choices I’ll be happy.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2020-07-31 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    People complaining that capping conquest is easier than the other 2 options completely miss the point that the conquest reward options will have ilvl based on your rating, so capping conquest in 10 mins (obvious exaggeration) doesn't really help if you can't get higher than duelist ilvl rewards in the first place.
    Ah yeah, of course. And thats not even considering conquest might be more rare in Shadowlands. Reacted to how people said doing pvp would be so easy compared to the other two. There was a ehh, catch, with that weekly cache.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Good system, but with some flaws.

I haven’t read the whole thread, but between here and WOWhead, there are certainly people feeling that they “need” to cap all 9 rewards each week for the “best selection” options.

Possible solution would be to cap it at 3 choices max, and those 3 choices would be the highest rewards you earned. If you give people 9 pieces of gear to choose from, then they’ll grind out all 9 options.
    A decent middle ground. Maybe even what blizzard are going for, they have not said much about it themelves afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    So instead of doing 1 M+ for the chance of getting best possible item I will have to do 15 mythic+ dungeons?

Da fuq Blizz XD

EDIT:

But wait... It's even worse!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mythic+ item level is determined by the lowest level of the top X dungeons.
    So a person who did +20, +15 +16, AND +5 to help alts will get +5 mythic cache?
    While someone who just did once +6 dungeon will receive better rewards?

Nice options Blizz xD
    what.. Litteraly nothing changes for you with this. You can still do _1_ high mythic + like you do today and get the highest reward. Just like now, you do 1 key and get 1 random item. If you however do 15 keys. Then you can choose between 3 items, making it less likely the one you get is not an upgrade. This only adds to the current system and is in no way shape or form worse than how it used to be

Your example. You did a +20, +15 +16, AND +5 to help a friend. one person doing 1 +6 won't get better reward then you, because he will only be able to chose 1 item that is a +6, and you choose a item that is +20. And you get a extra item because you helped your friend, that is now a lvl +5. if you didn't help your friend, you didn't do 5 dungeons. And you wouldn't have got a item anyways

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Yeah I'm with you on that. This is quite honestly horrible. With each new showing of each new SL thing it's very difficult to be excited for SL. I've never actually dreaded a WoW expansion before. This might actually be the first WoW expansion where I skip the beginning and only come back once they fix most the most glaring issues.
    Please tell me how this is horrible. Do you even understand how it works ? because it sounds to me you don't have a clue

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing. i have seen a lot of people say what if i have done 3 high keys and then i help a friend on a few low keys. My reward is lowered. Well, no, because if you didn't help your friend, you would only have done 3 keys and wouldn't qualify for the 5 reward. So its quit simple. Want a level 15 reward on the last choice(or whatever the max is in s1) then you do 15 lvl 15 keys. If you do 14 level 15 keys and then a lvl 2 key. you get a level 15 item for the first 2 choices and a lvl 2 for the last choice. Do one more 15 key, so you have done a total of 16 keys. And the lowest will be a 15 and you get max reward on the last choice aswell
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2020-07-31 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    What raid loot though? There was no weekly reward for raiding before.
    There was in Warlords and Legion with the weekly quests from mission tables. They're just adding it back in a sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    It isn't really that big of a issue. Most people who do higher up take umbrage with doing the garbage content like isles or dailies.

Pushing 20+ keys or high rating is always a treat.
    It is. I generally enjoy M+ but in moderation. 15M+ a week will be a given for people who want to be at very least competitive. And that is going to burn them out faster than match thrown into a lava.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    He did not. The intention is obviously to avoid people doing 14x +3 keys and 1x +15 and get 3 choices of +15 loot.

Doing a single +15 and a single +3 is still going to give a single +15 reward from the chest. Doing 5 +15 and 7 +3 is going to give two +15 rewards. Doing 12 +15 and 3 +3 is going to give two +15 rewards and one +3 reward to choose from.

The same system makes sense for raid bosses as well, but not as much for Conquest.

Would make more sense for the PvP rewards if the criteria were something like "win 3/7/10 arena matches or 1/2/3 RBGs", as you could then apply the same system to it.
    Given blizzards history of designing utterly stupid systems, id say its almost more likely that the other guy got it right and your idea of the system (more sane as it is) would be false :P

im certanly not gonna keep my hopes up until we get to test it.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    That is how it should work, plus it should be somewhat interchargable ex either do 3 raid bosses or 3 M+ for that reward "slot". Do 3 M+ and 3 raid bosses for 2 options.

But lets face it, that is not how its going to work and i am willing to bet a single bottle of whiskey.

It is. I generally enjoy M+ but in moderation. 15M+ a week will be a given for people who want to be at very least competitive. And that is going to burn them out faster than match thrown into a lava.
    I like how you progressed from complaining about zero incentives to run m+ after titanforging was removed, to complaining about too many incentives to run m+

I'm completely fine with this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    I like how you progressed from complaining about zero incentives to run m+ after titanforging was removed, to complaining about too many incentives to run m+
    That is not incentive, that is filling a bar. Incentive is actually having some rewards from dungeon itself.

Before you say stupid stuff like "it's the same", it not.

There is huge difference between:

"Oh, an upgrade may drop for me!"
    vs
    "Oh shit still 9 dungeons to go".

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    On the wowhead it's said that the weekly M+ drop will be based on your lowest M+ done that week.

Though I really hope it's going to work as you presented.

Elaborate instead of writing stupid comments.
    Yes, it is based on the lowest you do that week. Lets pretend +15 is the max ilvl reward. you do a 10, you get a 10 reward, just like now, you do a 14, you get a 14 reward, just like now. You do a 15 and you get a 15 reward. Now however, if you do 5 keys. Lets pretend you did 2 15 keys, and 3 13 keys. Now your first choice will be a 15 reward, your second choice will be the lowest of the highest 5 you done, in this case, your second will be a 13. If you do 3 more 15 keys that week, now your 5 highest is 15, and you get a 15 reward in as the second choice.

Its that simple. You can't claim that the 13 keys downgraded your 15 keys in the second choice, because you never had that reward to begin with. You didn't do 5 15 keys so you had no 15 reward to be downgraded. And if you did 5 15 keys, those are the 5 highest you have done and your reward will be locked to 15. regardless of what other keys you do. This system is good, and its a giga upgrade from the current system

The only flaw i see is the raids. If a raid only has 9 bosses. And you kill them all. you then have to go to normal to kill an extra boss. Will you get normal loot in the chest ? Or do they expect you to kill another heroic boss with no loot ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Given blizzards history of designing utterly stupid systems, id say its almost more likely that the other guy got it right and your idea of the system (more sane as it is) would be false :P

im certanly not gonna keep my hopes up until we get to test it.
    Their history doesn't matter. This system is perfect. People just don't understand it
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2020-07-31 at 02:18 AM.

I'm not a huge fan of it. If all I do is mythic+ dungeons I have to run 15 dungeons in a week to get 3 options - and they have to be high item level or I'll get shafted with low item level options.

15 mythic+ dungeons is a lot in a week, thats two every day with 1 extra one at some point. Considering it can easily take some people 30 mins or longer to find a relevant level mythic+ dungeon, you're looking at 7.5 hours a week just looking for groups, and then another however many hours actually running the dungeons.

This isn't even considering that I also like to play a number of alts.

The system is basically the same it has always been for people that can't spend 15+ hours a week JUST looking for and completing mythic+ dungeons.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2020-07-31 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of it. If all I do is mythic+ dungeons I have to run 15 dungeons in a week to get 3 options - and they have to be high item level or I'll get shafted with low item level options.

15 mythic+ dungeons is a lot in a week, thats two every day with 1 extra one at some point. Considering it can easily take some people 30 mins or longer to find a relevant level mythic+ dungeon, you're looking at 7.5 hours a week just looking for groups, and then another however many hours actually running the dungeons.

The system is basically the same it has always been for people that can't spend 15+ hours a week JUST looking for and completing mythic+ dungeons.
    and how many items do you get to choose from now in bfa ?
    If you do 1 high key in SL with this system, you get 1 item of max level reward in the chest, just like you do now. So this is 100% an upgrade. If you don't want to put in the effort to get the extra rewards, then you shouldn't have the rewards. But you are not getting anything less than what you have now
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2020-07-31 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post

If you do a single M+ dungeon then it's exactly the same as BFA and Legion. If you do 5 dungeons, (not that hard in a week) then you get double the reward choice you have now. If you don't want to run 15 Dungeons then kill a few raid bosses or get 100 conquest.

Raiders have spent the last 2 expansions getting exactly zero weekly chest items without running M+
    This is expanding on the current system and giving players choices. If you don't want to run 15 M+ dungeons then don't.