Poll: How long for full AQ40 clear?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    We already know how long it took. The gates first opened January 23rd 2006 and C'thun died April 25th 2006.

Are we really going to try to manufacture excitement about how fast guilds composed of members that have literally farmed the instance hundreds of times over more than a decade and practiced speed clears for years are going to clear the instance again?
    Wrap it up, let's go home.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Except we're not talking about the absolute value of how long it took, you're the only one doing that. Saying it took 2 months because it was bugged has no relation to how long it will take to do it this time, unless Blizz decides to implement it in its bugged state and not fix it for 2 months like they did the first time around.

It's like arguing about how long the heroic Lich King or other limited attempts fights took. If it took them 105 attempts and they only got 50 per week it would've taken them 3 weeks to do it. They might've been able to do it in on day 2 simply trying over and over. Artificial gating messes up your argument.
    I'm not making an argument. I'm stating a fact. The first clear has already been done. This 'first clear' is just guilds killing farm bosses.

What affected the length isn't relevant to the absolute value of how long it took. Whether the boss was unkillable or not it still died on April 25th and the gates still opened on January 23rd.
    As long as you are not equating length of time to difficulty, then sure.

OT: I very much expect the time it will take to clear AQ40 on Classic to be around 2 hours for the first run until people get scarabs. The hardest part of the raid will be the running distance to the next boss.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I'm also curious what the largest server is that is NOT on track to open the gates next Tuesday. Actually, with the five-day supply moving, that would be any server that hasn't yet completed the war effort about now, right?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I'm also curious what the largest server is that is NOT on track to open the gates next Tuesday. Actually, with the five-day supply moving, that would be any server that hasn't yet completed the war effort about now, right?
    Grobbulus is intentionally delaying it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The difficultly of Wow's older content by todays standard has been fascinating to watch. I cannot wait for people to clear what was the hardest content (Nax) at the time in under 2 hours.. In a way its a hilarious and at the same time heart breaking lol.
    I love that right up until the first clear comes in people are trying to say that "X will be the real wall!" I saw it with BWL, then slightly with ZG and now it's AQ. "These people have no idea what's coming! .....in a 15 year old game!"

Grobbulus is intentionally delaying it.
    For more scarab lords?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Not sure what that has to do with how long the first clear took.

Hey you want to get excited about people clearing farm content they've done 100 times who am I to tell you not to.
    Well you're the gatekeeper. I'm not sure what the expectation is for your function but maybe it is to tell people not to get excited. I certainly think so.

But I'm going to say 60 mins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I'm not making an argument. I'm stating a fact. The first clear has already been done. This 'first clear' is just guilds killing farm bosses.
    So if they ever make BC servers are you going to be one going "Who cares, world first was 15 years ago". Seriously, you're the poster child for the stop having fun-guy meme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Well you're the gatekeeper. I'm not sure what the expectation is for your function but maybe it is to tell people not to get excited. I certainly think so.

But I'm going to say 60 mins.
    I'd say more than that, cause there's a lot of running involved and mounts.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Under one hour, and just because the place is huge and people will have to walk.

I expect the fastest guilds to have this taken into account though, with speed buffs to make it shorter.

A lot of people suggest releasing C'thun in its "unnerfed" state. The original C'thun was not nerfed, it was fixed. Afaik tentacles continuously spawned in impossible places where they could stack up damage undisturbed and the ones that could be reached required unreasonable damage output to keep in check.

I am sure top guilds would still beat it without a wipe or close to it because of minmaxing and optimization, but it wouldn't be a fun experience for everyone else.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2020-07-31 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So if they ever make BC servers are you going to be one going "Who cares, world first was 15 years ago". Seriously, you're the poster child for the stop having fun-guy meme.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say more than that, cause there's a lot of running involved and mounts.
    Nonsense, there's a lot of fun to be had with classic and TBC. I'm going to raid ahn'qiraj and enjoy it. But there's very little exciting to me about speculating which people world buffing to kill bosses in 20 seconds and turn them into target dummies will kill their target dummies first, in a 15 year old game where the players involved have already cleared the instance 100 times.

You guys do you though!
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2020-07-31 at 01:09 AM.

Glitch through the floor. Or wait, that'd probably be fixed, it's client side these days isn't it?

We already know how long it took. The gates first opened January 23rd 2006 and C'thun died April 25th 2006.

Are we really going to try to manufacture excitement about how fast guilds composed of members that have literally farmed the instance hundreds of times over more than a decade and practiced speed clears for years are going to clear the instance again?
    Imagine being so butthurt over other peoples interests that you cba to post stuff like this.

If someone finds excitement in speed runs then let them. You don't have to argue for several posts over a thing that is a personal opinion anyway.

honestly i just want to watch someone wipe and then get sad they will miss worldfirst because of the 10-15min corpserun.

have a feeling warlocks will get the first mount drops :P

Is it this week that the first sceptres are able to be completed or is the first possible opening going to take longer?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I think there is only one Scarab Lord per realm...but whoever rings the gong in the 10 hrs after also gets the mount (just not the title
    The title was added in BC patch 2.0.3

China already killed Cthun and they streamed it, not sure how long full run took them but seemed like a very easy 1 shot on Cthun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    People like to watch speedclears, even of games from 30+ years ago.
    What do you have against this?
    The fact that people only care about the very first kill maybe? Your description of speedclearing is wrong and does not apply to wow. Speedclears are continuous through time - what is the fastest clear today might not be anymore tomorrow, but no one cares about that with wow raiding. What is hapenning here is people trying to get their 15 mins of fame by claiming a "world first" because there is a buzz around classic wow and its community - probably people that were not playing or too young when the real WF hapenned. When AQ gets cleared next week, people will only care about whoever kills it first on tuesday regardless of the time it took. If a guild kills it faster on wednesday, no one will care (but that'd fall into the right definition of speedclearing). It'd be like saying I'm the first man to walk on the moon in 2020 because I took a different spaceship, and it took less time to fly there than in 1969.

Quote Originally Posted by Exer View Post
    The fact that people only care about the very first kill maybe? Your description of speedclearing is wrong and does not apply to wow. Speedclears are continuous through time - what is the fastest clear today might not be anymore tomorrow, but no one cares about that with wow raiding. What is hapenning here is people trying to get their 15 mins of fame by claiming a "world first" because there is a buzz around classic wow and its community - probably people that were not playing or too young when the real WF hapenned. When AQ gets cleared next week, people will only care about whoever kills it first on tuesday regardless of the time it took. If a guild kills it faster on wednesday, no one will care (but that'd fall into the right definition of speedclearing). It'd be like saying I'm the first man to walk on the moon in 2020 because I took a different spaceship, and it took less time to fly there than in 1969.
    I do believe 'speed running' is actually a thing in Classic where teams try to clear the raid as fast as possible, outside of the race for first clear.
    Because what else is there to do in Classic.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Very easy one shot of cthun by Chinese guilds

Lelclassic