Thread: Mars in 4k

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    "The images in this video are all real"

Flat earthers triggered
    I'm sure the images are real... just not taken where they say they are.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-07-31 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Forbidden Topics

I'm sure he didn't mean for his joke to summon any actual flat-earthers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm sure he didn't mean for his joke to summon any actual flat-earthers.
    If you say "round earth" 3 times while staring at your monitor in the dark, a flat earther appears to berate you endlessly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    If you say "round earth" 3 times while staring at your monitor in the dark, a flat earther appears to berate you endlessly.
    Your too late Hammerfest is already here to us where in the hologram these were taken.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2020-07-31 at 01:41 AM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I mean, if you're not going to live there and you don't want to eat up your homeworld, why not? The Moon has little to no resources to mine, and Venus is on fire. If nothing else Mars is little more than a bonus moon. A pit-stop for launching larger expeditions into the outer solar system, to that end, it makes sense that the planet would be little more than a production facility, like off-shore drilling.
    Let's say we figured out how survive the journey to Mars tomorrow and building the ship to get there was no problem. Using the Mars surface as a halfway point/outpost wouldnt work out. You would spend more fuel landing on Mars than leaving due to its atmosphere, kind of defeating the purpose. It's also better to assemble in orbit, significantly making 'rocket science' easier. Sort of what we're going to do with the moon.

An outpost in a Martian orbit would be better for deep space exploration, but then again Ceres would probably be an even better candidate.

A small outpost like something in Antarctica would be dope though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol! A very hostile environment for mankind. Not much different or any more useful than our own moon. And the moon takes a hell of lot less time to get to.
    QFT

Mars is a billionaire boys club dick measuring contest.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    So they weren't taken in an Earth desert and were actually taken on Mars?

15+ Year Old Account
    So you think they were taken here on Earth?

You should try to get a refund on your school tuition back if u think that.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

You know it's pretty unwise for them to take these rovers to this planet and not headstart by taking antartic ferns on board with them and planting them into the ground with a decade's worth of water worth for the fern with it's own heater
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    You know it's pretty unwise for them to take these rovers to this planet and not headstart by taking antartic ferns on board with them and planting them into the ground with a decade's worth of water worth for the fern with it's own heater
    IF there is life, they dont want to contaminate the existing life from Earth, same reason why they they "retired" Cassini by sending it into Saturn.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassini_retirement
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    IF there is life, they dont want to contaminate the existing life from Earth, same reason why they they "retired" Cassini by sending it into Saturn.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassini_retirement
    There is no life on Mars.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Did your Facebook friend tell you that?

Mars won't be made habitable, ever. The best we can do is build isolated homes there. I don't know why we would do that though.
    My facebook friend? Nope you get a lot of information from there considering the projection?

I was speaking of using the air there and converting it into breathable air not transforming the entire planet atmosphere. It's one of the long term goals to use Mars as a base of sorts.

- - - Updated - - -

You as a flat earther have no right to claim if something is fake or not, when you subscribe to low hanging fruit conspiracy theories you embraced a life full of denial.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2020-07-31 at 09:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I mean, if you're not going to live there and you don't want to eat up your homeworld, why not? The Moon has little to no resources to mine, and Venus is on fire. If nothing else Mars is little more than a bonus moon. A pit-stop for launching larger expeditions into the outer solar system, to that end, it makes sense that the planet would be little more than a production facility, like off-shore drilling.
    I am not too sure about that.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_...tanium%20(Ti).

Primarily it can be used to launch/build space vehicles easier due to easier take-off and landing. Also no atmosphere, meaning solar power with better efficiency. You could also conduct science experiments that have never been done before. Oh additionally, the darkside of the moon would be a perfect place to build a giant telescope. Minimal interference from Earth.

- - - Updated - - -

QFT

Mars is a billionaire boys club dick measuring contest.
    Wait I thought only Elon and Nasa gave a shit about Mars. You telling me so does Bezos? Last I heard, he don't. Shame people do not see the benefit of having a Mars base though

- - - Updated - - -

Oh really? Enlighten us Mr Edge*
    Last edited by Mister K; 2020-07-31 at 08:53 AM.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post

Wait I thought only Elon and Nasa gave a shit about Mars. You telling me so does Bezos? Last I heard, he don't. Shame people do not see the benefit of having a Mars base though
    I theres an important distintion between an expedition outpost on Mars, NASA's dreams, vs a near future colony, Musk. One is realistic and the other is a pipe dream thats told to raise stock prices.

Bezo's space ambitions are bit more realistic. He still believes, recognizes, the importance of space robots and that our future more learning how to live long and comfortably in space and not on a dusty red planet.

Bezos doesn't exactly have his rocket yet, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I theres an important distintion between an expedition outpost on Mars, NASA's dreams, vs a near future colony, Musk. One is realistic and the other is a pipe dream thats told to raise stock prices.

Bezo's space ambitions are bit more realistic. He still believes, recognizes, the importance of space robots and that our future more learning how to live long and comfortably in space and not on a dusty red planet.

Bezos doesn't exactly have his rocket yet, though.
    A pipe dream is what matters, enfact all that matters. It has, ever since humanity started exploring the seas. Building a colony as Musk suggests allows for easier mining operations, exploration and scientific missions beyond Mars. A simple outpost won't really do that.

We need the mindset of both.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    A pipe dream is what matters, enfact all that matters. It has, ever since humanity started exploring the seas. Building a colony as Musk suggests allows for easier mining operations, exploration and scientific missions beyond Mars. A simple outpost won't really do that.

But Musk is trying to colonize a sandbar instead of the New World - with a really big row boat.

10+ Year Old Account

Times change. Rather protect this planet.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You as a flat earther have no right to claim if something is fake or not...
    Okay, I'm intrigued. Why do I not have the "right" to say I don't buy what they're selling with these pics?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Times change. Rather protect this planet.
    I agree. Besides, the oceans offer tremendous potential for resources and the great majority of it is unexplored.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I'm intrigued. Why do I not have the "right" to say I don't buy what they're selling with these pics?
    You do... and people have the right to disagree in their own ways. In fact, peer review actually seek out such criticism. It’s actually how we end up having pictures like this.

Did you hear that jab she took at the unified theories? Ouch... they were a bit embarrassed... that happens from criticism... not using said criticism as evidence of being treated unfairly. Why can’t scientist just CGI quantum gravity?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-31 at 12:38 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi