Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wanna see some dystopian shit?

It's fifteen million merits crowd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifteen_Million_Merits

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's fifteen million merits crowd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifteen_Million_Merits

As odd and dystopian the virtual fan thing is, I think it helps. Sports are one thing that can help people mental get through this. It's fresh entertainment, something to root for, get happy about, and there's the sense of community. The virtual fans make people feel more 'apart' of the moment when they can't go to bars, stadiums, be with friends while they watch.

They should be streaming (and not behind premium services) too, they (leagues) would make a lot of money recouping some lost stadium money.

Keeps people from breaking social distancing mandates. The NBA is wearing masks and spacing out personnel even though they are in a bubble. People at home will see that follow (its dumb that it takes that to get people to listen but at least they are listening).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I know I'm a bit late to the party at this point. But those GDP numbers from today are fucking staggering. The US had 3x worse of a contraction than most European countries as well as Canada. The US sacrificed people to try to prop up the economy and it still collapsed harder than any other country in the world.
    Very well stated. And the virus is not yet done with us. And it's not clear that the economy is going to rebound any time soon. No matter HOW intensely the mainstream media talks about an upcoming hugely biggest bestest rally of all times.

It's disgusting beyond belief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Very well stated. And the virus is not yet done with us. And it's not clear that the economy is going to rebound any time soon. No matter HOW intensely the mainstream media talks about an upcoming hugely biggest bestest rally of all times.

It's disgusting beyond belief.
    Who knows, maybe this will make us more serious about electing competent leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    god republicans can't even be realistic with themselves.
    i guess its easier to blame china than your own party.
    The Trumpers who state that the Coronavirus is China's Fault for covering up and spreading the Coronavirus, but denies that the Coronavirus is a big deal, and refused to listen to the Chinese Whistleblower Doctor who died from a Deadly Contagious Disease trying to warn others of how deadly this Virus is, then shortly afterwards called it a Democratic Hoax.
    The Trumpers who thought that Trump banned flights from China when it was just nationals and the infections from New York came from Europe.

Trumper Logic.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-07-31 at 07:47 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Yo, are the masks which are expensive more comfortable for long term use? I only have tried the cheap ones that come in packages of 10+. They are really uncomfortable after 1h use. Was wondering the brandy ones are just good looking or they are more comfortable?
    Sometimes in a mask for 5-10 hours.
    You need something with some soft bands edges. That's where all the pressure and strain comes from.

Ive had the best luck with one's you tie. Earloops are good but only for short periods before they start rubbing my ears the wrong way.

A little bit lotion/cocoa butter along the edges helps too. A little bit, you don't want your mask slipping.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo, are the masks which are expensive more comfortable for long term use? I only have tried the cheap ones that come in packages of 10+. They are really uncomfortable after 1h use. Was wondering the brandy ones are just good looking or they are more comfortable?
    It really depends on the size of your head. I’ve ordered a large variety and the cheaper are as comfortable as expensive, what mattered most was the fit. I need a clamp of sorts on the nose and for it to go under the chin. I find my self fiddling with them otherwise and that makes them ineffective.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

i bought 2 reusable ones for 4,5€ each that have the band all over the head instead the ears. i put both side above my chignon i make for working and im fine. only problem i had was the pressure above the nose after 12+ hours of usage, but probably i would have it even with eyeglasses

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/br...-for-covid-19/

Big strong man who doesn't believe in the virus, Brazilian president Bolsonaro, is apparently so week and feeble that isolating in his home for two weeks after catching the virus that doesn't exist has given him "hold in the lung". This was expertly self-diagnosed by himself with no diagnostic testing whatsoever.

Also, his wife is now positive.

Oh yeah, and the fucking retard credited Hydroxy for "curing" him in a day. Gotta wonder why he's got those moldy lungs, then.

Re Masks: If you have to use one of the behind the ear ones and it's not comfy, you can use a paperclip or something similar to attach the two ear parts behind your head.

And they said reading manga wouldn't teach me anything.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauc...g-video-2020-7

In which, again, a Republican official in Congress decides to use time discussing the pandemic with an expert like Dr. Fauci to try to score cheap political points and show a callous disregard for the more than 155,000 Americans that have died of the virus thus far.

The Republican party will be the leading cause of death in the year 2020 in the USA.

took me 3 purchases to finally find a set that were perfect for my face and ears.
    My friends loved the free leftovers i gave them

2.75 a mask for kn95's. they are very soft relative to the official 3M N95's that i had and way more comfortable.

i tried one that was way more expensive and it proved price does not always mean quality.

if you want a link to where i got mine send me a pm
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The survey, which polled 1,003 individuals and was conducted from June 16 to July 14, [/I]
    Yeah... 1k people isn't really a large enough pool to make a claim like "70 percent of americans". They should have taken a few days and done more people in more areas. Depending on where they go, they could get vastly different results with just 1k people. Especially in areas that heavily lean in one direction on the political scale.

I don't care what China did. Our government is responsible for the mess we are in now. They failed to handle it. Most others have it under control. At this point, they need to start realizing this. The news should be reporting, not just our own numbers, but the world. Give the average American the full view of how this is going down.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Yeah... 1k people isn't really a large enough pool to make a claim like "70 percent of americans".
    In reality 1k people is enough to get good results, for populations of any size.

Assuming they are randomly selected, if the selection is bad the results would still be bad even if they asked 10 million Americans.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-07-31 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Re Masks: If you have to use one of the behind the ear ones and it's not comfy, you can use a paperclip or something similar to attach the two ear parts behind your head.
    Alternatively, search for "ear saver".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    MA Dem Rep says Red States are getting what they deserve for playing politics with COVID-19, refusing mandates and ignoring science.

I don't know how to feel about this - I mean, he's factually right.

So your saying that the New York area got what is deserved for playing politics also? I mean when Trump was putting up restrictions and they were swinging toward the virus, the democrats came to NYC and said it was nothing, go out, have fun, party. I live here, I watched the mayor, the Governor, Nancy Pelosi go on tv and say that the virus was just Trump and the GOP trying to distract people. I watched the local politicians tell us up here to ignore it. It wasn't going to be a problem.

https://apnews.com/7aa2fcf7955333834e01a7f9217c77d2

Interesting data on how the virus has gone in districts that went for the different candidates in the 2016 election. Interestingly, the ever so slightly more serious tone that the administration has taken on the virus appears to match up with the virus penetrating Trump-won districts. The big spikes in Clinton won districts at the start isn't surprising, it hit the big cities that went for her and have more concentrated urban populations, but the inversion of the respective curves show that measures taken in those districts/states appear to be having a positive effect while the lack of measures taken in districts/states won by Trump have had the opposite effect.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/opinion...fkm-story.html

Things are getting bad enough in Florida that editorial boards are begging Governor DeSantis to take the virus seriously and take action -

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.propublica.org/article/h...d-19-who-knows

The US is fucked because our leadership is more interested in avoiding embarrassment and winning re-election than they are in saving lives and protecting our economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    As linked by Popular Mechanics: a physical demonstration on the effectiveness of masks.

now brisk tea is saying we need to wear goggles. what's next? a hazmat suit?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."