View Poll Results: Will you remain in classic when TBC comes out?

Voters
429. This poll is closed
  • Yes

70 16.32%
  • No

312 72.73%
  • I don't know

47 10.96%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    *This is not a shaming thread, if you are going to shit on people, please stop and go find something else to do.

Assuming you or your guild did not manage to clear Naxx by the time TBC servers are up, will you stay put on transferring til you've successfully cleared it? Or you just love classic so much you won't be transferring your characters and still play classic, or you just prefer to start fresh on TBC.

Just trying to gauge to see how many people will stay on classic by then.
    for sure i will be ditching classic.
    while yes classic is great, it can only be enjoyed so long
    plus, tbc is when my brother played wow the most, meaning i got to play the least, tbc being mostly a shadow to me, the rest though i got to play a ton, so tbc will be all brand new for me (mostly)

also cant wait to get my crafted ebonweave set then just shadowbolt all the way till sunwell while pulling top dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Definitely go to BC. BC was essentially a polished continuation of classic that fixed its issues. It felt like a natural expansion to the game, more than even WOTLK did. BC also has my favorite iteration of prot paladin and the affliction warlock iteration is just short of my all time favorite which was Cataclysm affliction.

I liked BC's progression system for heroics and the attunements you had for Kara. Arenas were great and the PvP systems were awesome (pvp gear had resilience and there were not rating requirements on pieces of gear).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    I can tell you, bet you that is won't be Classic being "uplifted" to TBC. Why? You will ask for Classic again.

Either there will be character copies with or without limitations or fresh starts. But not what we had originally, that just makes 0 sense.
    I agree there will be both iterations of the game available to play, but I think copies to a Classic server are more likely and the game will progress to TBC. Either way, as long as I get to play all my chars, I'm happy.

FWIW I don't think players should have any option to remain in classic with their current progression once TBC "launches"

FORCE current characters/realms into TBC, and launch fresh vanilla realms for people that want to do vanilla again. It's absurd to me how staunchly "#nochanges" people are for vanilla-classic, yet hypocritically think they are entitled to a massive resource handout (in the way of extra time) within which to progress. You people wanted a museum piece with authenticity.... enjoy the fruits of your labors.... you didn't get to just hang around and deny the tbc prepatch in OG vanilla, and you shouldn't get to do so now. Either go forward to TBC, or start back over on a new/fresh Vanilla realm.

I'll start playing again when TBC comes out. My absolute favorite "version" of WOW by far. Didn't play Classic before hand and don't think I ever will :O

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Well, if our realms don't automatically progress to TBC, I would like to start a new character on TBC but let my Classic character remain on classic. Will I continue to play classic? Maybe, if I feel the itch - but I'm also looking forward to playing Blood Elves again.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll move to maining TBC. But I might dip into Classic again if they do a fresh batch of servers or something.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Honestly TBC is the only thing that could get me to sub and stay subbed again. Very little about SL looks promising to me and I've spent too baby years under their current leadership to keep saying of they will do better.

I want nothing more than to experience bc and lk one more time.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Not me. TBC is better than vanilla in every conceivable way.

I don't think so. Vanilla private servers were always much more populated than TBC and WotLK private servers, and people specifically wanted vanilla, not TBC or anything else.
    Part of the reason is that there weren't and still aren't really any -good- TBC or WotLK servers whereas Vanilla aside from balancing was cracked way earliel and more thoroughly.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Part of the reason is that there weren't and still aren't really any -good- TBC or WotLK servers whereas Vanilla aside from balancing was cracked way earliel and more thoroughly.
    This is less true post classic release....

All the pserver people can't compete vs blizz for vanilla anymore, so they're dumping their energy into tbc and later xpacs.... I've heard (but not personally confirmed) that the two popular tbc ones are pretty good..... Just in time for them to get pushed out of business in a year by TBC-classic.

IF Blizz starts TBC servers, man, it will be the time I'be back in da game asap.
    But 4 me personally it should be with classic characters free transfer, or copy. I'm 39 now, wife is pregnant (12 days to go if the predictions are correct :-) and have lot of work on the garden. New floor in the hut, new terrace, roof is bad. Soo, because in TBC I 've had the best times in WoW (started with wow like 3months be4 TBC on US servers, month be4 launch started again on EU), with best, friendly guild... Those times was unique. Not to mention that Outland theme and Illidan story is top for me personally. Classic is fine, but only as an introduction in something bigger and better, for me ofc.
    You know, those times, when the best wow machinima were made... Check YouTube. Blind makes me play rogue again, or Cranius, Summerdale, N. Y. M. H., L70ETC etc etc :-D
    THAT was World of Warcraft. Don't get me wrong, there is something good, or epic, in almost every expansion, storywise, but classic and TBC...That annoying farm with Netherwing I've completed with my retr pala alt during hardcore learning session at university and didn't want to repeat it ever again...or farming Skettis with my lock, or first steps in Hellfire, first charging boar that kills me... Those feelings I have had since than only in WOTLK... Music, ambience, moments I've only fly or ride or just sit outside and listen and look around.
    Pink glasses, grass was greener, sky more blue, ice cream was cooler, bigger and much more tastier ������������

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just like Classic, it is not the same. The time and life circumstances play the biggest factor. I loved TBC the most, but still I don´t think it is worth to go there over Retail. Classic and BC 2.0 feel to me like a fake illusion, luckily I got to play them when they did matter and even at a competitive level.

That being said, I´m glad that new players get the chance to experience them, to know where the game comes form and HOW it should be more like, unlike of all the new systems changes, which are bs

I never understood how someone can play the same game for years. WoW Classic is great. But at some point isn't it been there done that. After 10 years maybe again for nostaligia. But more than 1 year of the same content seems so boring. Especially when you think how much time you throw into a MMO like WoW.

Oops, i messed up and clicked the wrong button. Im definitely moving on to TBC when its out regardless of what is/isnt done in classic, but im 99.99% sure we'll have Naxx cleared. Not sure if we will ever get a thunderfury though lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably play classic all my life yes, why leaving it? we've been long enough without it, the point is to keep it forever not lose it again

Of course not, already bored of most of the content. I really don't understand why anyone would want to keep Vanilla going on forever.

Maybe after 15 more years I can enjoy MC/BWL again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    I can tell you, bet you that is won't be Classic being "uplifted" to TBC. Why? You will ask for Classic again.

Either there will be character copies with or without limitations or fresh starts. But not what we had originally, that just makes 0 sense.
    No. You cannot tell us this, because you're not a Blizzard employee. You SUSPECTING or PREDICTING a thing does not make it so.

Is it unlikely they spiritually succeed servers to TBC without creating vanilla-only realms you can copy to? Yes. But you can't "tell us" this for sure. For certain, progression realms with optional copy-back were on their official survey, and is a popular outcome in most opinion polls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Classic will become Classic TBC (i do not see Blizzard has got any different choice here) so this question is pretty weird.
    They did say they won't be removing Classic servers all together. There will always be a choice to eiher play on a TBC server or a Classic server.
    If they make all the Classic servers progress into TBC then they will recreate the loop again where peopl will keep asking them for Classic servers...

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Classic will become Classic TBC (i do not see Blizzard has got any different choice here) so this question is pretty weird.
    You must be trolling. I can easily see Blizzard HQ burned in this scenario. They specifically promised not to do just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    You must be trolling. I can easily see Blizzard HQ burned in this scenario. They specifically promised not to do just that.
    'I've got a different opinion so you have to be trolling'
    Best argument ever... so often used on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    They did say they won't be removing Classic servers all together. There will always be a choice to eiher play on a TBC server or a Classic server.
    If they make all the Classic servers progress into TBC then they will recreate the loop again where peopl will keep asking them for Classic servers...
    There is no perfect solution for TBC/Classic problem but i still think this one is the least problematic from all... and we all know that during alst few years Blizzard likes to use the shortest ways to get our money.