Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People getting kicked out of guilds for not helping GM farm his mount 24/7

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly I don't even know if anyone on Bloodsail is working on the questline. Only group I saw going out last night was a Nathanos kill group. Our resource collection is looking shaky too.

But I know on big servers folks are definitely exploiting the hell out of layering to speedrun the questline.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    any form of pvp (camping, lowbie killing, dispelling buffs - why is that even considered?) doesnt violate the code of conduct, but im pretty sure your own alliance giving the enemy information on you is. that is a form of griefing that is not pvp.
    Why? The API in battle.net allows cross faction names

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Report them all. Collusion like that is against the rules.

At least it was against the TOS back in Vanilla, it seems they have removed it now. I'd still put in a ticket and get Blizzard to look into it. They might tell them to cut it out and amend the rules.
    its not against the rules...gitgud or #goback2retailkekw

Quote Originally Posted by Trinkie View Post
    It doesn't violate the code of conduct. People should've stopped being delusional and stubborn and gone to a PvE server after what happened in Phase 2.
    It is against the ToS though since if they wanted cross faction communication it would've been put in otherwise they are circumventing in-game mechanics. Back in classic days something like this would be actionable since the other faction can't communicate in-game. Now granted small things like 1 person telling another wasn't really traceable, but entire guilds is another story. The fact they have a weak aura doing it that goes around in-game chat filters is a bit more actionable. It's like how you use to be able to communicate in-game with another faction through some addon and then Blizzard broke it and introduced the potion. They didn't action against people then, but Classic is a bit different and considering the events going on it is possible they could.

Either way it's up to Blizzard. People can report it and then Blizzard moves from there.

Quote Originally Posted by ff50dccd-a222-42f3-a786 View Post
    This is bannable but almost impossible to prove.
    In this case they could probably prove it. If they are using in-game tools like others said then the communication is done through the servers and even if it is a WeakAura Blizzard probably has a way to track it.

It doesn't. You can read through the code of conduct all you want, pvp happened on a pvp server. Don't like it? Go to PVE
    PvP happening is one thing, however tools are being used to circumvent in-game mechanics which is actionable.

10+ Year Old Account
    BSB seems to be keeping it pretty copacetic.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Used to be CoC but as with the times, its has changed. While i dont agree with collusion, it has never been easier to communicate with the other faction. Hell, they even made it so easy as right click on nameplate then click add bnet friend. But if we disregard that, just look for a h&a discord server.

Point is, its gonna happen in this day of age. CoC or not. It’s too easy to communicate these days compared to back then.

Bliz should ban this collusion tactic as I personally believe it falls under the cheating portion of the CoC but its kinda grey. Bolded portion specifically.

Cheating
    You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.

It doesn't violate the code of conduct. People should've stopped being delusional and stubborn and gone to a PvE server after what happened in Phase 2.
    Of course it's against code of conducts to communicate with the opposite faction.

Ive just heard bits and pieces about guilds getting heated over who gets what, and talk of buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    Ours is extremely toxic. A group of two dozen horde and alliance guilds formed a coalition. They're using shared weak auras to flag people as friendly or not. If you set foot in Silithus and you're not in the coalition, members of your own faction follow you around calling out your position to kill squads on the enemy faction.

My guild had no interest in scarab lord since we simply don't play enough so we are one of the several dozen enemy guilds. Trying to do quests is impossible. We tried to form a raid, but got spotted by our own faction and rolled by two full raids. Smaller scale skirmishes have gone a little better, but our own faction will break CC or MC and heal in addition to giving away our position.

It is really quite sad. I am hoping Blizzard steps in and makes an example of the leaders of this thing. I think it's gone to such an extreme that it violates to code of conduct, but who knows really.
    This is 100% a violation of code of conduct. I suggest reporting the hell out of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    So, now that P5 dropped and people started storming the hives - whats the situation on your server? any collusions? tears?

Its one of the most intense events classic has to offer and does produce some enjoyable server drama.

Share your servers story!
    Within a few hours, I saw a lot people getting banned from the world chat. Turns out it was a guild that also wanted to give scarab lord a shot and also killed some alliance. Obviously people turned on them for playing the game ... lol
    Good community there vanilla, well deserved the praise

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It is against the ToS though since if they wanted cross faction communication it would've been put in otherwise they are circumventing in-game mechanics. Back in classic days something like this would be actionable since the other faction can't communicate in-game. Now granted small things like 1 person telling another wasn't really traceable, but entire guilds is another story. The fact they have a weak aura doing it that goes around in-game chat filters is a bit more actionable. It's like how you use to be able to communicate in-game with another faction through some addon and then Blizzard broke it and introduced the potion. They didn't action against people then, but Classic is a bit different and considering the events going on it is possible they could.

Either way it's up to Blizzard. People can report it and then Blizzard moves from there.

In this case they could probably prove it. If they are using in-game tools like others said then the communication is done through the servers and even if it is a WeakAura Blizzard probably has a way to track it.

PvP happening is one thing, however tools are being used to circumvent in-game mechanics which is actionable.
    There is cross faction communication, heard of battle.net?

Tools being used is irrelevant, it's still pvp. Don't like it? ------> PVE server

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is 100% a violation of code of conduct. I suggest reporting the hell out of people.
    No, it isn't. It wasn't a problem during devilsaur mafia, it still isn't now.

That's stretching it to just serve the purpose for your argument. Battle.net isn't a tool for cross communication. It is a tool for friends, etc to talk and stuff. Yes, cross communication can and will happen, however the intent isn't there.

What is occurring currently in-game is addons are being used to circumvent communication in-game which they can monitor. Heck, they could even action you against what you say in Battle.net if they saw it as a constant thing that disrupted a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Report them all. Collusion like that is against the rules.
    Working together towards an end, that requires cross faction cooperation is collusion? I dont think you understand how this event works. You realize we have opposite faction emissaries in the main cities, right? This event requires the Horde and the Alliance to put their differences aside, to work towards destroying an Old God.

Stop being dramatic.

Tools being used is irrelevant, it's still pvp. Don't like it? ------> PVE server

- - - Updated - - -

No, it isn't. It wasn't a problem during devilsaur mafia, it still isn't now.
    Cross faction communication is against the ToS. Circumventing game mechanics is against the ToS. Following people in groups and dispelling positive buffs for the enemy is against the ToS as it is griefing. the tools being used are completely relevant. Just because YOU support cheaters and griefers doesn't mean Blizzard does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Working together towards an end, that requires cross faction cooperation is collusion? I dont think you understand how this event works. You realize we have opposite faction emissaries in the main cities, right? This event requires the Horde and the Alliance to put their differences aside, to work towards destroying an Old God.

Stop being dramatic.
    But what they're doing is making the game virtually unplayable if they aren't part of their little coalition which is against the ToS.

But what they're doing is making the game virtually unplayable if they aren't part of their little coalition which is against the ToS.
    Thats not even close to true lol. Did you miss the part where I suggested "stop being dramatic"?

Actually using this time to take a little break from classic. Ill wait til AQ is open to join the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Thats not even close to true lol. Did you miss the part where I suggested "stop being dramatic"?
    Try reading the ToS instead of calling people dramatic. Following people around not part of some coalition and announcing them to the opposite faction is both griefing and a form of cheating.

Try reading the ToS instead of calling people dramatic. Following people around not part of some coalition and announcing them to the opposite faction is both griefing and a form of cheating.
    Im certain youd be hard pressed to find that exact quote as a violation, but if you have nothing better to do, Ill wait for you to find it.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Im waiting for Asmongold to react to tear filt drama posts/video, i got my coke and popcorn ready
    He's not doing the event, so not gonna happen
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL: