Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    it is an improvement for EVERYONE. Even if you get just one extra choice, that's one more choice than you get right now. Those who play this game a lot just get a bit more. Is that really hurting you so much?
    As i said, only an improvement for people who can spend 10+ hours a week just finding and running mythic+ dungeons every week. It changes nothing for people who can't do that, just singling those people out because pushing people to play more is the most important thing for a business, certainly not improving a poorly designed system for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    As i said, only an improvement for people who can spend 10+ hours a week just finding and running mythic+ dungeons every week. It changes nothing for people who can't do that, just singling those people out because pushing people to play more is the most important thing for a business, certainly not improving a poorly designed system for everyone.
    If you do one M+ and kill 3 bosses, or if you do 5 M+, it's already an improvement for 90% of the playerbase over BfA. Because then people get a choice between two high ilvl items.

In BfA, right now, most people get one item without a choice and then from pvp another lower ilvl, mostly useless item because the vast majority of players is not 2.4k rating.

It is an improvement for everyone. It's a bigger improvement for those who put in effort into their chars. But it's an improvement for everyone. You do not need to have 6 choices until it's an improvement.

It really is not that big of a deal to kill 3 bosses and do one M+ dungeon. And if you play so little that you can barely do one M+ and nothing else, then nothing changes for you. In that case the only reason why it's "bad" is simply pettiness because you can't deal with others getting more for putting in more effort into their char. And if that's your reason for complaints, then there is no reason for any discussion to be had because it just means you're toxic and not worth discussing with.

If you do one M+ and kill 3 bosses, or if you do 5 M+, it's already an improvement for 90% of the playerbase over BfA. Because then people get a choice between two high ilvl items.

In BfA, right now, most people get one item without a choice and then from pvp another lower ilvl, mostly useless item because the vast majority of players is not 2.4k rating.

It is an improvement for everyone. It's a bigger improvement for those who put in effort into their chars. But it's an improvement for everyone. You do not need to have 6 choices until it's an improvement.

It really is not that big of a deal to kill 3 bosses and do one M+ dungeon. And if you play so little that you can barely do one M+ and nothing else, then nothing changes for you. In that case the only reason why it's "bad" is simply pettiness because you can't deal with others getting more for putting in more effort into their char. And if that's your reason for complaints, then there is no reason for any discussion to be had because it just means you're toxic and not worth discussing with.
    It's not an improvement for me that only runs 1~2 M15+ per toon on 6~8 toons. So no, it's not an improvement for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    It's not an improvement for me that only runs 1~2 M15+ per toon on 6~8 toons. So no, it's not an improvement for everyone.
    But that's your choice. You could do more if you wanted. You could pug the first three raid bosses. You could reduce the amount of alts you are playing.

You choose to play 6-8 alts and to only do the bare minimum with them. You have no stakes in this whole discussion.

But that's your choice. You could do more if you wanted. You could pug the first three raid bosses. You could reduce the amount of alts you are playing.

You choose to play 6-8 alts and to only do the bare minimum with them. You have no stakes in this whole discussion.
    So it's not an improvement for everyone, stop saying that. Raid bosses will only give me shit options.

Should the game cater to players who play a half a dozen characters with minimal time investment?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how people are thinking the sky is falling. "OMG I HAVE TO DO 15 MYTHIC DUNGEONS FOR 3 CHOICES?! THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!!11!!"

or.... if you weren't completely blind you see that you can also just do 1 raid boss, 1 mythic, and a few points in PVP for 3 choices too. If you really want to focus in one area for better gear THEN you focus in one area.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

So it's not an improvement for everyone, stop saying that. Raid bosses will only give me shit options.
    You don't know what raid bosses will give you. You have literally no knowledge. M+15 gives mythic raid loot in the weekly chest while dropping lower ilvl in the dungeon. They could do exactly the same with heroic raids giving a mythic raid item in the chest.

You don't know shit. So stop complaining.

They could do exactly the same with heroic raids giving a mythic raid item in the chest.
    I seriously doubt that. But MakeMeLaugh literally wants Mythic Loot, and dont want to do stuff for it. And everything else on his Level is Shit.

Suddenly, it's not an improvement for everyone. Damn, things change so fast right?

So again guys, repeat after me, it's not an improvement for everyone.

Suddenly, it's not an improvement for everyone. Damn, things change so fast right?

It is an Improvment for everyone, because everyone has the Ability to run more than the bare Minimum.

Within technicalities, it is an improvement for anyone. The Weekly Chest will now give players more choices to choose from if you want to do the effort, but you have the option to just do that one mythic+ a week to keep it like it is now. But players, like you it seem, and me to some extent got a mentality that if you can do, you need to do it. But it's not like that really. Players mentality does not change the fact that the Weekly Chest is getting improvements in Shadowlands. That's an objective truth.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    It is an Improvment for everyone, because everyone has the Ability to run more than the bare Minimum.
    No dude, that's not how "for everyone" works.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Within technicalities, it is an improvement for anyone. The Weekly Chest will now give players more choices to choose from if you want to do the effort, but you have the option to just do that one mythic+ a week to keep it like it is now. But players, like you it seem, and me to some extent got a mentality that if you can do, you need to do it. But it's not like that really. Players mentality does not change the fact that the Weekly Chest is getting improvements in Shadowlands. That's an objective truth.
    It's not like I need the maximum reward. Playing a lot of alts already takes plenty of time. So right now, only running 1~2 dungeons per toon is a lot, but they all somewhat get geared "at the same time". With the new system, absolutely nothing changes about this.

By just bumping the tier 1 reward to 2 choices, that would be enough. It's an improvement to everyone that already runs the bare minimum. This is just loot choice, it's not like they are giving more loot. Right now only having 1 option is absolutely crap.

So much for an "alt-friendly" expansion.
    Last edited by MakeMeLaugh; 2020-07-31 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    No raid in first week of release shadowland, mythic starts in probably a week later so only option left is conquest in first week?
    The whole system won't go live until all of them do. M+ raids and the PvP season all tend to start at the same time, so I'm banking that's when the cache starts.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    I love how people are thinking the sky is falling. "OMG I HAVE TO DO 15 MYTHIC DUNGEONS FOR 3 CHOICES?! THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!!11!!"

or.... if you weren't completely blind you see that you can also just do 1 raid boss, 1 mythic, and a few points in PVP for 3 choices too. If you really want to focus in one area for better gear THEN you focus in one area.
    15 Dungeons is WAY more time invested than 10 bosses or 250 conquest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    15 Dungeons is WAY more time invested than 10 bosses or 250 conquest.
    So just do 1 dungeon, 1 raid, and 100 conquest. Or do 5 dungeon, 1 raid and 100 conquest. Or do 5 dungeons, 7 bosses, and 150 conquest.... you don't HAVE to do only mythic dungeons for your weekly chest. That's only if you want the option to choose between multiple pieces of gear.

Edit: I get where you're getting at. 15 dungeons does seem excessive; It would be better if they changed it so that doing certain M+ levels gives you more than 1 dungeon credit for getting your next chest-tier unlocked. Maybe a M +8 gives you 2 credits, and a M +15 gives you 3 credits?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

No dude, that's not how "for everyone" works.

It's not like I need the maximum reward. Playing a lot of alts already takes plenty of time. So right now, only running 1~2 dungeons per toon is a lot, but they all somewhat get geared "at the same time". With the new system, absolutely nothing changes about this.

By just bumping the tier 1 reward to 2 choices, that would be enough. It's an improvement to everyone that already runs the bare minimum. This is just loot choice, it's not like they are giving more loot. Right now only having 1 option is absolutely crap.

So much for an "alt-friendly" expansion.
    Yeah, like I said earlier to you, I get that and the issue with that. So I understand your point about it not being an improvement, and within that kind of argument, I kinda even agree. But the Weekly Chest itself is an improvement. Then the point you bring up is another argument. If it make sense. Me no english.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    You got to be Joking or Trolling? Do you want to get Stuff weekly for doing nothing?
    NO. What I want is to be able to get gear on my time to where I will not fall behind if I miss some time. Just like how it is now. If I have to miss a couple of weeks, there are ways for me to get gear that will get me caught right back up to resume doing what I was doing before I took the time off. Under this new idiotic system, I will be behind for the rest of the expansion since I won't be able to do the catch up work. ONce again, Blizzard goes in the polar opposite direction and still can't understand "happy medium".

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, like I said earlier to you, I get that and the issue with that. So I understand your point about it not being an improvement, and within that kind of argument, I kinda even agree. But the Weekly Chest itself is an improvement. Then the point you bring up is another argument. If it make sense. Me no english.
    It's like adding another raiding difficulty beyond mythic. You could argue it's an improvement for everyone that raids but that would be a huge lie, because barely anyone runs mythic anyway. So it's the same situation now, I don't know anyone that runs over 5 dungeons in a single character per week.

There's also another problem. Not too long after a new season begins, it's pointless to run multiple M+'s, as the gear from it cannot be an upgrade anymore. So it only makes sense to only run 1 dungeon per character to grab your weekly chest, as it's the only source of upgrades. Unless they bring titanforge back, which would not be good...

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    No you can't. Not for the kind of people you're worried about. Nothing short of turning this game on its head and putting even larger shackles on loot availability and content-gating is going to erase this idiotic extremist mindset that you believe Blizzard should be catering to. And once that mindset is stamped out, Blizzard will then have to somehow deal with the screeching of everyone else for whom the game has been ruined.

Of course Blizzard has no idea how to satisfy the head cases who believe that they're screwed if they don't max out their chest every week. There's no satisfying them. If you think that the weekly vault is in no way trying to satisfy those people, then congrats, you're starting to get it.

Yes, Blizzard wants as many people to play as possible. If that means pissing off the loot goblins and forcing them to either tone it back or leave, so that the rest of the more level-headed and sane playerbase can be happier, then that's a worthy sacrifice if you ask me. Once more: Fuck those players. They shouldn't be catered to.
    Yes you can. And you aren't even reading what I am saying. You are screwing EVERYONE who can't be on all the time. THEY are the ones catering to the extreme mindset. The are the ones catering to the no lifers who are on all the time 24/7. What they should be doing is catering to a mindset that encourages moderation. You know, the pro tip they give you on the loading screen. You can't sit there and tell people they should only play WoW in moderation then put in game systems that force you to be on all the time. A system that says the only way to play is to be on 24/7 is a BAD system. So, what we can boil down yoru post to is "Blizzard should cater solely to me and screw everyone that doesn't treat the game like a full time job like me". This is a terrible system and the game is going to be even more barren of players than it already is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    What is this idea of play 24/7 or you're screwed? We're talking about 1 more gear option from this feature. If you don't do 15 dungeons then you get 2 options instead of 3. Blizzard is not doing this. The folks that think this way are. You don't have to run 15 M+ if you don't want to.
    You missed the point entirely. You miss a week you're screwed because they are limiting how you can get gear. Currently there are other options to pick up gear, even if slightly less quality, if you have to miss a week. Now that is gone. Bascially play every week or you're screwed.