Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO. What I want is to be able to get gear on my time to where I will not fall behind if I miss some time. Just like how it is now. If I have to miss a couple of weeks, there are ways for me to get gear that will get me caught right back up to resume doing what I was doing before I took the time off. Under this new idiotic system, I will be behind for the rest of the expansion since I won't be able to do the catch up work. ONce again, Blizzard goes in the polar opposite direction and still can't understand "happy medium".
    If you currently miss a week you won't get a weekly chest item and you be 1 item behind until the next patch's gear reset.
    If anything under the new system missing out 1 week will be less impactful because multiple items lets you pick for a slot where your missing ilvl and get you back up to max ilvl in all slots faster then the current BfA weekly chest does.

Edit:Your acting like the chest is the only way to get gear during a given week....
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    So just do 1 dungeon, 1 raid, and 100 conquest. Or do 5 dungeon, 1 raid and 100 conquest. Or do 5 dungeons, 7 bosses, and 150 conquest.... you don't HAVE to do only mythic dungeons for your weekly chest. That's only if you want the option to choose between multiple pieces of gear.

Edit: I get where you're getting at. 15 dungeons does seem excessive; It would be better if they changed it so that doing certain M+ levels gives you more than 1 dungeon credit for getting your next chest-tier unlocked. Maybe a M +8 gives you 2 credits, and a M +15 gives you 3 credits?
    I mean for context, our heroic guild used a couple of our raid nights (3 hours) to do mythic+ runs for fun (we did a race) and finished about 5-6 dungeons per group in that time...starting from a 2 key so some runs were quite fast. In that time we can typically clear or almost clear heroic Nyalotha (10-12 bosses). Our guild isn't great by any means I'd say we are an average heroic guild. But that still means that 15 dungeons for us would take 2.5-3 times as long as the raid.

Obviously earlier on in progression of a raid the clears take longer and will probably be about equal in time to the dungeons. But that's the thing your dungeon times will almost always stay the same assuming you are doing the max difficulty for your group whereas the raid clears will get faster.

NO. What I want is to be able to get gear on my time to where I will not fall behind if I miss some time. Just like how it is now. If I have to miss a couple of weeks, there are ways for me to get gear that will get me caught right back up to resume doing what I was doing before I took the time off. Under this new idiotic system, I will be behind for the rest of the expansion since I won't be able to do the catch up work. ONce again, Blizzard goes in the polar opposite direction and still can't understand "happy medium".
    So, Trolling it is. You are with the new chest no more nor less "Behind" than you are now, if you dont do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    It's like adding another raiding difficulty beyond mythic. You could argue it's an improvement for everyone that raids but that would be a huge lie, because barely anyone runs mythic anyway. So it's the same situation now, I don't know anyone that runs over 5 dungeons in a single character per week.

There's also another problem. Not too long after a new season begins, it's pointless to run multiple M+'s, as the gear from it cannot be an upgrade anymore. So it only makes sense to only run 1 dungeon per character to grab your weekly chest, as it's the only source of upgrades. Unless they bring titanforge back, which would not be good...
    I'm interested in seeing what item level it will be on them myself. Now, blizzard have not said anything about this so far, so interested to see what they say and what they will confirm. It's just speculation so far afaik.

Yes you can. And you aren't even reading what I am saying. You are screwing EVERYONE who can't be on all the time. THEY are the ones catering to the extreme mindset. The are the ones catering to the no lifers who are on all the time 24/7. What they should be doing is catering to a mindset that encourages moderation. You know, the pro tip they give you on the loading screen. You can't sit there and tell people they should only play WoW in moderation then put in game systems that force you to be on all the time. A system that says the only way to play is to be on 24/7 is a BAD system. So, what we can boil down yoru post to is "Blizzard should cater solely to me and screw everyone that doesn't treat the game like a full time job like me". This is a terrible system and the game is going to be even more barren of players than it already is.

- - - Updated - - -

You missed the point entirely. You miss a week you're screwed because they are limiting how you can get gear. Currently there are other options to pick up gear, even if slightly less quality, if you have to miss a week. Now that is gone. Bascially play every week or you're screwed.
    If you don't do one more M+ this week you're behind because you didn't get that one more chance at loot.

Your logic is flawed. No matter what you do, given your logic you're behind.
    #TeamTinkers

The amount of mental gymnastics in this thread still continues strong I see.
    One person wants to play one dungeon on 8 alts and the system is shit for him. Who knew that people didnt design the game around the average person playing 8 toons at the same time?
    Another person thinks if they dont unlock all 9 choices they will fall behind despite the reward still being 1 item per person just more choices. When has missing a week ever not been "falling behind" in any MMO?
    Missing a week in classic? You lost a week of potential gear. Theres no amount of systems to fix your unhealthy obsession of every single person being on the same level. And yet the happy medium was achieved. Blizzard made a system that leads to everyone getting the exact same amount of loot with extra effort only rewarding you with more choices over what loot you get.
    And even if you get unlucky and dont get what you want you can now also pick to get currency to later buy specific pieces. I really dont see how this is not an improvement to anyone.
    Also the "playing 8 toons" thing literally doesnt count because it is a uniquely absurd way that you chose to play the game. I could choose to play the game entirely in Bastion because "I chose to play Kyrian and I feel immersed here and for RP reasons my character cannot go to bastion". I dont get to complain that I m not getting the rewards from maldraxus world quests then because I chose to do something unique for me. Weight the balance between how you have fun and how the game is intended to be played and pick what matters most for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    So instead of doing 1 M+ for the chance of getting best possible item I will have to do 15 mythic+ dungeons?

Da fuq Blizz XD

EDIT:

But wait... It's even worse!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mythic+ item level is determined by the lowest level of the top X dungeons.
    So a person who did +20, +15 +16, AND +5 to help alts will get +5 mythic cache?
    While someone who just did once +6 dungeon will receive better rewards?

Nice options Blizz xD
    Are you stupid or are you just pretending?
    If you continue to do a 15 once a week you will get once piece to choose from just like you did. If you want more chances put some effort into it.

The determining factor being lowest of top dungeons is to prevent people doing one +15 and 14 x 2+.

I think it's fair. You just do 1 or 5 or 15 x m+15 and then however many other dungeons you want including helping your buddies with 5+s.
    S.H.

Yes you can. And you aren't even reading what I am saying. You are screwing EVERYONE who can't be on all the time. THEY are the ones catering to the extreme mindset. The are the ones catering to the no lifers who are on all the time 24/7. What they should be doing is catering to a mindset that encourages moderation. You know, the pro tip they give you on the loading screen. You can't sit there and tell people they should only play WoW in moderation then put in game systems that force you to be on all the time. A system that says the only way to play is to be on 24/7 is a BAD system. So, what we can boil down yoru post to is "Blizzard should cater solely to me and screw everyone that doesn't treat the game like a full time job like me". This is a terrible system and the game is going to be even more barren of players than it already is.

- - - Updated - - -

You missed the point entirely. You miss a week you're screwed because they are limiting how you can get gear. Currently there are other options to pick up gear, even if slightly less quality, if you have to miss a week. Now that is gone. Bascially play every week or you're screwed.
    Enlighten me on these other options exactly that net you equal gear to the mythic plus chest currently that will not be available in shadowlands?
    Because so far Bfa is a far bigger grindfest than shadowlands is shaping to be.
    Shadowlands was weekly caps on everything and is offering the same chest but with the possibility of more choices and more ways of getting the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    The amount of mental gymnastics in this thread still continues strong I see.
    One person wants to play one dungeon on 8 alts and the system is shit for him. Who knew that people didnt design the game around the average person playing 8 toons at the same time?
    Another person thinks if they dont unlock all 9 choices they will fall behind despite the reward still being 1 item per person just more choices. When has missing a week ever not been "falling behind" in any MMO?
    Missing a week in classic? You lost a week of potential gear. Theres no amount of systems to fix your unhealthy obsession of every single person being on the same level. And yet the happy medium was achieved. Blizzard made a system that leads to everyone getting the exact same amount of loot with extra effort only rewarding you with more choices over what loot you get.
    And even if you get unlucky and dont get what you want you can now also pick to get currency to later buy specific pieces. I really dont see how this is not an improvement to anyone.
    Also the "playing 8 toons" thing literally doesnt count because it is a uniquely absurd way that you chose to play the game. I could choose to play the game entirely in Bastion because "I chose to play Kyrian and I feel immersed here and for RP reasons my character cannot go to bastion". I dont get to complain that I m not getting the rewards from maldraxus world quests then because I chose to do something unique for me. Weight the balance between how you have fun and how the game is intended to be played and pick what matters most for you.
    I prefer to run 8 dungeons with 8 different characters than with just 1 toon. And hey, guess what, those 8 dungeons will only give you one additional choice, nothing more, sounds pretty bad.

If the game is supposed to be designed at only the average guy, well I bet you the average guy doesn't run over 5 m+ a week.

I prefer to run 8 dungeons with 8 different characters than with just 1 toon. And hey, guess what, those 8 dungeons will only give you one additional choice, nothing more, sounds pretty bad.

If the game is supposed to be designed at only the average guy, well I bet you the average guy doesn't run over 5 m+ a week.
    No he doesnt. And yet you get the exact same amount of items as that guy except he has one more choice because he chose to focus on one character. You instead chose to focus on 8 characters and got 8 items but with less choices. See where this is going?

No he doesnt. And yet you get the exact same amount of items as that guy except he has one more choice because he chose to focus on one character. You instead chose to focus on 8 characters and got 8 items but with less choices. See where this is going?
    Yes, this is going to be exactly the same thing as it's now, which means, no improvement for everyone.

Running 8 m+ with the same toon, knowing you won't get any upgrade at all from any of them, woow sounds fun!

Yes, this is going to be exactly the same thing as it's now, which means, no improvement for everyone.

Running 8 m+ with the same toon, knowing you won't get any upgrade at all from any of them, woow sounds fun!
    Except now regardless of how many choices you unlock you always have the option to pick a currency over the gear to target specific pieces from a vendor. Which means its an improvement for everyone.

Sure its for Everyone, you are not Excluded from the system. If I open a shop for everyone, just because you choose not to use it, doesnt mean its not for everyone.

Enlighten me on these other options exactly that net you equal gear to the mythic plus chest currently that will not be available in shadowlands?
    Because so far Bfa is a far bigger grindfest than shadowlands is shaping to be.
    Shadowlands was weekly caps on everything and is offering the same chest but with the possibility of more choices and more ways of getting the loot.
    I never said equal. I said lesser quality but still close enough.

Except now regardless of how many choices you unlock you always have the option to pick a currency over the gear to target specific pieces from a vendor. Which means its an improvement for everyone.
    Didn't even think of the currency, good point. Not sure if the vendor part is confirmed though?(I got no idea) Some speculate the currency will be for getting power upgrades like anima power. Either way, it's a fine, let's call it "bad luck protector". Got nothing in the chest that you want this week? Then you get the extra currency as a consolation prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    What raid loot though? There was no weekly reward for raiding before.
    There was in previous expansions. Kill X boss get loot chest. Chest ilvl based off of raid difficulty; if you killed X heroic bosses within that raid your chest would be heroic, or X mythic bosses, get mythic reward. I miss those weekly quests

I never said equal. I said lesser quality but still close enough.
    All of which were options that were added in the content patches. Do you think the major content patches of shadowlands will not offer more ways to get gear?

All of which were options that were added in the content patches. Do you think the major content patches of shadowlands will not offer more ways to get gear?
    Not the way they are trying to limit gear. YOu should be able to get gear to keep up whenever, not simply at patch time. Missing a week should not mean, "Well, have fun waiting until next patch".

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    The lowest dungeon part really needs clarification quick before the community goes shitstorm with random guessing since most ppl takes something someone said on MMO as fact.
    So... already too late?

Not the way they are trying to limit gear. YOu should be able to get gear to keep up whenever, not simply at patch time. Missing a week should not mean, "Well, have fun waiting until next patch".
    What? AT the start of BfA, if you missed the mythic + cache what other sources of gear did you have exactly to make up for the week you missed that you wont have now? This system is functioning exactly the same way but giving you more choices and a failsafe option.
    If you miss one week... well... such is life boohoo. You could have very well done that week and gotten a shitty piece of gear and no gear from raid. Its not as big a deal as you re making it out to be. The highest possible ilvl of gear has always been week limited.