Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just stop arguing with Revenant. He doesnt know what hes talking about and its really pathetic at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    blizz defines 3rd party as that which affects gameplay, either by automation of controls, or by violating base coding. a twitch stream doesnt affect gameplay or the game in any way of any kind outside of personal player information.

im not disregarding anything you say. if how you interpreted the ToS were indeed correct, blizz would enforce it so. you think they dont know about every single thing you have brought up? there is a reason that all of this is still apart of the game. they actively use it and want it that way.

if, you were correct in all this. it would be so.

and the GM that got canned was in fact let go for banning someone on recommendation from the streamer that was getting ganked. that guy had a whole guild 'protecting' him and he still got ganked none stop. that is a pvp server and it will only ever get worse with more and more people streaming. get used to it.

now pelase, come insult and attack and be pissed about how you 'just cant bother' with someone just trying to tell you why it is the way it is. its been this way forever, much longer than you have been playing apparently if this is new to you.
    The person wasn't banned for stream sniping though, like you claimed. The reason was because the streamer whined about losing a world buff. Which is not against the rules. It literally had absolutely nothing to do with stream sniping. Using someone's stream to constantly target them IS against the rules, however, because you are using twitch to gain an unfair advantage against someone.

It has NOT been this way forever. As stated by several other people in this thread, communicating with the opposing faction on a pvp server was bannable in Vanilla. You're just making it more and more obvious that you absolutely did not play during Vanilla or you wouldn't be trying to justify these shitty and bannable behaviors.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The person wasn't banned for stream sniping though, like you claimed. The reason was because the streamer whined about losing a world buff. Which is not against the rules. It literally had absolutely nothing to do with stream sniping. Using someone's stream to constantly target them IS against the rules, however, because you are using twitch to gain an unfair advantage against someone.

It has NOT been this way forever. As stated by several other people in this thread, communicating with the opposing faction on a pvp server was bannable in Vanilla. You're just making it more and more obvious that you absolutely did not play during Vanilla or you wouldn't be trying to justify these shitty and bannable behaviors.
    ive never stopped playing sicne vanilla. so i have seen all the changes, grown with them and know them. you are just figuring this out and its been this way since 2010. and no, its still not against anything to stream snipe someone. if everyone were forced to open stream, then they might do something about it and it might affect it. but streamers choose to show their game play to the world and therefor open themselves to excessive ganking and griefers, which are a simple and basic part of pvp severs.

again, if your interpretations on this were anything but you ideals, blizzard would have it so. but as is, stream sniping is part of WoW. and same faction helping other faction isnt against ToS in any way that doesnt specifically affect gameplay outside of pvp.

again, no one has EVER been banned for stream sniping. facts. no matter how you feel about, that is Blizzard rules it. so argue with them about it.
    Last edited by Djaye; 2020-08-01 at 12:37 AM.

ive never stopped playing sicne vanilla. so i have seen all the changes, grown with them and know them. you are just figuring this out and its been this way since 2010. and no, its still not against anything to stream snipe someone. if everyone were forced to open stream, then they might do something about it and it might affect it. but streamers choose to show their game play to the world and therefor open themselves to excessive ganking and griefers, which are a simple and basic part of pvp severs.

again, if your interpretations on this were anything but you ideals, blizzard would have it so. but as is, stream sniping is part of WoW. and same faction helping other faction isnt against ToS in any way that doesnt specifically affect gameplay outside of pvp.
    Except it is against the ToS whether you like it or not. And I'm gonna call bull shit. You went from saying that it's been that way forever to "It's been that way since Wrath." you can't even keep your own story straight. Which makes me think you're one of the people who absolutely partakes in this kind of toxic behavior in game and are fighting against it because now you're scared you could get banned. Anyone who stream snipes or communicates with the opposite faction in order to fuck over people within their own faction deserve a hardcore ban. Blizzard really needs to start enforcing their own Code of Conduct more so these assholes can stop ruining the game for other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Just stop arguing with Revenant. He doesnt know what hes talking about and its really pathetic at this point.
    i know, but dealing with children and trying to explain really basic concepts is what i do for a living, so the challenge can be fun.

Wow classic is fun-mode style server option of legacy/inferior version of the game. The sooner people understand their progress and accolades there don't matter, the sooner all the drama will end.

The scarab lord title doesn't even exist in WoW classic, just like it didn't in the original WoW 1.x, so people are just wasting their time on something that doesn't matter, and isn't visible to others.

The black scarab is a cool mount, but within a game that doesn't really put any focus on collecting it doesn't matter what mounts you are using. Plus in a couple of months everyone will move to TBC anyway, which will most likely start with a fresh template character.

If you enjoy Classic - that's cool, have fun. But realize that it doesn't matter one bit what you manage to acquire in that version of the game. Relax.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Except it is against the ToS whether you like it or not. And I'm gonna call bull shit. You went from saying that it's been that way forever to "It's been that way since Wrath." you can't even keep your own story straight. Which makes me think you're one of the people who absolutely partakes in this kind of toxic behavior in game and are fighting against it because now you're scared you could get banned. Anyone who stream snipes or communicates with the opposite faction in order to fuck over people within their own faction deserve a hardcore ban. Blizzard really needs to start enforcing their own Code of Conduct more so these assholes can stop ruining the game for other people.
    i concider 10 years forever in this game. wrath was forever ago.
    again, if its against the ToS, why does blizzard not do anything about it? because it is working as intended. your interpretation is wrong.
    again, you are simply calling ganking toxic behavior. you are a pvp player that doesnt like pvping.
    whatever you feel stream snipers deserve, they arent violating blizzards own ToS and CoC. they frown on it yes, but wont ban for it.

not disagreeing its not shitty gameplay to gank or stream snipe, but at the end of the day it simply doesnt violate the ToS or CoC.
    if they did, blizzard would intervene. do you know how much money they spent in litegation with bossland for Honorbuddy? millions and millions of dollars. they dont fuck around with real 3rd party threats.

i concider 10 years forever in this game. wrath was forever ago.
    again, if its against the ToS, why does blizzard not do anything about it? because it is working as intended. your interpretation is wrong.
    again, you are simply calling ganking toxic behavior. you are a pvp player that doesnt like pvping.
    whatever you feel stream snipers deserve, they arent violating blizzards own ToS and CoC. they frown on it yes, but wont ban for it.

not disagreeing its not shitty gameplay to gank or stream snipe, but at the end of the day it simply doesnt violate the ToS or CoC.
    if they did, blizzard would intervene. do you know how much money they spent in litegation with bossland for Honorbuddy? millions and millions of dollars. they dont fuck around with real 3rd party threats.
    Do you work for Blizzard? No? Then you don't know what is and isn't dealt with. I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of people banned for various reasons that you don't even know is happening. So unless you actively work for Blizzard, you can't say that people aren't getting banned for the reasons being talked about in this thread. And I'm not calling ganking toxic. I'm calling the assholes who actively fuck over people in their own faction by communicating locations and shit for people on the other side toxic. And them doing that is a bannable offense.

Try actually reading what I'm saying instead of skimming over it. I never once mentioned ganking.

Also, ten years is not "forever" and just shows you didn't play in Vanilla. Hell, I'm starting to think you have played the game an extended amount of time at all since you are so incredibly ignorant to the wording of the ToS and CoC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Ahhh, Classic drama.. It's like watching two kids punch each other on the playground.
    Except with Classic,both the 2 kids are 35 years old.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Do you work for Blizzard? No? Then you don't know what is and isn't dealt with. I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of people banned for various reasons that you don't even know is happening. So unless you actively work for Blizzard, you can't say that people aren't getting banned for the reasons being talked about in this thread. And I'm not calling ganking toxic. I'm calling the assholes who actively fuck over people in their own faction by communicating locations and shit for people on the other side toxic. And them doing that is a bannable offense.

Try actually reading what I'm saying instead of skimming over it. I never once mentioned ganking.

Also, ten years is not "forever" and just shows you didn't play in Vanilla. Hell, I'm starting to think you have played the game an extended amount of time at all since you are so incredibly ignorant to the wording of the ToS and CoC.
    Lol but you, someone who also doesnt work for Blizzard, has the inside scoop on how to interpret intentionally vague ToS.. lmao gtfo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Wow classic is fun-mode style server option of legacy/inferior version of the game. The sooner people understand their progress and accolades there don't matter, the sooner all the drama will end.

The scarab lord title doesn't even exist in WoW classic, just like it didn't in the original WoW 1.x, so people are just wasting their time on something that doesn't matter, and isn't visible to others.

The black scarab is a cool mount, but within a game that doesn't really put any focus on collecting it doesn't matter what mounts you are using. Plus in a couple of months everyone will move to TBC anyway, which will most likely start with a fresh template character.

If you enjoy Classic - that's cool, have fun. But realize that it doesn't matter one bit what you manage to acquire in that version of the game. Relax.
    A couple months? Nazxramas hasn’t even been released yet. Hell AQ technically hasn’t even been released yet. TBC is at LEAST 8-10 months away.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    It's a more legitimate form of PvP than the three things you mentioned (which have nothing to do with PvP at all).
    you do know what pvp means right? im going to assume you dont, since you seem to think the things i listed arent pvp.

PvP means player vs player.

anything that a player does against a player of the opposite faction is a legitimate form of pvp. the three things i listed are things people tend to want to report the most. theres literally no way youve missed the spam threads, the in game chat, the recent moronic scandal about buff dispelling, or the constant complaining and attempted reports about this stuff.

YOUR OWN FACTION giving THE ENEMY FACTION information about you and your location is NOT pvp. i dont know what the heck kind of world you live in to think otherwise, but it sounds like a rather... special world.

Disruption / Harassment: Engage in any conduct intended to disrupt or diminish the game experience for other players, or disrupt operation of Blizzard’s Platform in any way, including:

Disrupting or assisting in the disruption of any computer used to support the Platform or any Game environment. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.

Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Code of Conduct or In-Game Policies.

Directly from the TOS.

If it was just the oppsoing faction farming you I'd agree with most of the people in this thread that it's just "pvp on a pvp server". But it's the cross-faction strategic farming that makes it griefing. That's not "pvp on a pvp server" any more than your own faction following you around and spam tagging mobs before your cast/attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    you do know what pvp means right? im going to assume you dont, since you seem to think the things i listed arent pvp.

anything that a player does against a player of the opposite faction is a legitimate form of pvp. the three things i listed are things people tend to want to report the most. theres literally no way youve missed the spam threads, the in game chat, the recent moronic scandal about buff dispelling, or the constant complaining and attempted reports about this stuff.

YOUR OWN FACTION giving THE ENEMY FACTION information about you and your location is NOT pvp. i dont know what the heck kind of world you live in to think otherwise, but it sounds like a rather... special world.
    So dueling isnt PvP. Got it.

So dueling isnt PvP. Got it.
    my god, could you reach any harder?

my god, could you reach any harder?
    Wait, so pvp can include your faction, right? What about warmode? Im not reaching, Im showing you your definition isnt apt.

Discord exists, trying to figure out how to stop it in game does no good.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Trinkie View Post
    It doesn't violate the code of conduct. People should've stopped being delusional and stubborn and gone to a PvE server after what happened in Phase 2.
    As a reminder, "being assholes" is not itself outside the TOU.

Wait, so pvp can include your faction, right? What about warmode? Im not reaching, Im showing you your definition isnt apt.
    you ARE reaching. in fact.... youre reaching harder than anyone has ever reached in the history of ever, because youre trying to make a pathetic attempt at proving someone wrong and failing horribly.

second, my definition of pvp was player vs player. here. ill even quote it for you, since you seem to be completely incapable of reading the text that you pretend to be reading. ill link my EXACT definition, as outlined in the original post YOU quoted.

nowhere in there does it say that pvp involves ONLY the opposite faction. in fact, it says it is... gasp! player vs... player!

the text that followed THAT definition was expanding on the current subject, which you seem to be completely ignoring, in again, your pathetic attempt to prove someone wrong, and failing horribly.

as for your point on war mode.... im completely failing to see the issue here? not only is this a CLASSIC thread... war mode is... pvp? why would that even be a question? its clearly your faction vs the opposite faction. oh right.... you were reaching super hard, i forgot.

anything that a player does against a player of the opposite faction is a legitimate form of pvp.
    You literally said legitimate pvp is only against the opposite faction. Maybe its a typo, but youre incorrect.

Warmode can also be same faction. Just like arenas.

Edit: war games, not warmode. My bad
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-08-01 at 03:49 AM.