10+ Year Old Account

Did Twilight Dev get nerfed

So I am sitting at 2 rank 3 TD's but last week for some reason the proc rate fell through the floor, it barely procs now did something happen? or am i just in a HORRIBLE 2 week no proc slump,

I use 2xR3 and 1xR1 = 7 Ranks and my overall TD DamageDone is around 22-24% in M+ keys (15-18) with small pulls.

With chainpulls and high uptime its clearly even more.

Bad uptime, bad pulls, kiting from the tank and basicly bad mob gathering are all factors for a lower TD part of damage.

When I tank with 7x TD the back2back2back procs are just insane, as Blood DK with vampiric blood at pull you end up finishing m+ 15 boss fights even on tyrannical with 100-110k DPS and thats just stupid broken.

The procs over time are constant and I play every day with it. Did some keys yesterday and I saw no change at all.

480 ilvl with 7xTD is just broken, because if the tank is not a kiting-for-no-reason monkey, even small pulls are enough to outperform other DPS by just targeting the center of the trash pack. Its sometimes ridiculous and very dangerous, because those 1.000.000 DPS peaks at the very first auto-attack are really hard to avoid and makes it not easy for the tank/heal to keep your alive at the start of trash pulls.

I consider switching away from my TD set because aggro is simply insane with the procs in the very first GCD. As Tank its just ridiculous, I average 75-85k DPS in 15+ keys with small pulls - this is OVERALL DAMAGE at the end of the key, its just stupid right now.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I use 2xR3 and 1xR1 = 7 Ranks and my overall TD DamageDone is around 22-24% in M+ keys (15-18) with small pulls.

With chainpulls and high uptime its clearly even more.

Bad uptime, bad pulls, kiting from the tank and basicly bad mob gathering are all factors for a lower TD part of damage.

When I tank with 7x TD the back2back2back procs are just insane, as Blood DK with vampiric blood at pull you end up finishing m+ 15 boss fights even on tyrannical with 100-110k DPS and thats just stupid broken.

The procs over time are constant and I play every day with it. Did some keys yesterday and I saw no change at all.

480 ilvl with 7xTD is just broken, because if the tank is not a kiting-for-no-reason monkey, even small pulls are enough to outperform other DPS by just targeting the center of the trash pack. Its sometimes ridiculous and very dangerous, because those 1.000.000 DPS peaks at the very first auto-attack are really hard to avoid and makes it not easy for the tank/heal to keep your alive at the start of trash pulls.

I consider switching away from my TD set because aggro is simply insane with the procs in the very first GCD. As Tank its just ridiculous, I average 75-85k DPS in 15+ keys with small pulls - this is OVERALL DAMAGE at the end of the key, its just stupid right now.
    Instead of switching away, wouldnt holding your dick for an extra 3-5 seconds be more worth it? To allow the tank to establish more threat.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    Instead of switching away, wouldnt holding your dick for an extra 3-5 seconds be more worth it? To allow the tank to establish more threat.
    How do you hold back TD that procs from everything, from you passive dmg, from autoattack, from anything. Its basicly AUTO-WIN in overall damage by just standing in range and targeting the mobs its one of the most stupid things right now, but since you dont need to do anything else you also cant really prevent procs or worse back2back procs at very early pull times.

A back2back2back proc even midpull will get you aggro. You can AFK all you want but when it procs it can easily outdo tanks any time.

The stupid trend for tanks to go full versa, for low keys (15+) makes it just worse with TD as DPS.
    -

How do you hold back TD that procs from everything, from you passive dmg, from autoattack, from anything. Its basicly AUTO-WIN in overall damage by just standing in range and targeting the mobs its one of the most stupid things right now, but since you dont need to do anything else you also cant really prevent procs or worse back2back procs at very early pull times.

A back2back2back proc even midpull will get you aggro. You can AFK all you want but when it procs it can easily outdo tanks any time.

The stupid trend for tanks to go full versa, for low keys (15+) makes it just worse with TD as DPS.
    You said that it was your first global that caused issues, Im simply just stating an easy solution that doesn't require you to swap out your gear. The play around your "issue" with back to back proccs that fucks you up due to threat issue, is to simply wait a bit longer before engaging with the mobs.

It also sound more like a shit tanks issue though.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

It is what it is. You cant just wait 10 second in a 20 second mythic+ trash pull just to be safe.

I would not call tanks shit just because DPS challenges them at threat, the threat mechanic right now is made to be challenging for DPS and for TANKs - its not 3-sunders and you are good to go for 30 mins.

I have positive experience with TANKS using TD aswell, because they are the first at the mobs, they hit basicly everything with mobs gathering at one point and with the same average procs they should be able to keep threat passive above DPS with TD. The issue comes up with the huge trend for versa stacking, that is first completly unnecessary for 99% of the players and it does not counter the risen DPS values with corruption and end-of-expansion-item-scaling.

You basicly OUTGEAR the TANK with TD and nothing you do is a good solution for that, but to replace the TANK with matching gearpower for a specific content.

T
    -

You should not use TD as dps. For frost, haste+crit (strikethrough?) is better, for unholy - expedient
    TD scales from haste, so proc amount could vary.
    Also, there is a bug with all corruption, same as with azerite traits - sometimes they just stop working at all, and you need to relog It is rare, but still happens sometimes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by porubezhnik View Post
    You should not use TD as dps. For frost, haste+crit (strikethrough?) is better, for unholy - expedient
    TD scales from haste, so proc amount could vary.
    Also, there is a bug with all corruption, same as with azerite traits - sometimes they just stop working at all, and you need to relog It is rare, but still happens sometimes

I should prolly clarify I am a main spec blood tank 471 ilvl with 2 rank 3 TD

But mainly the difference is that I notice a considerable drop in amount of procs, like very noticeable, Idk It could just be a couple real crappy weeks for the proc

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    It also sound more like a shit tanks issue though.
    i mean... to be fair, im someone with 7 or 8 ranks of td, dont remember exactly. even as a dps, it can crit for over 600k instantly. thats pretty hard to hold agro off of of course as a dh i can squeak, panic, and then stun everything for a few seconds or blur which gives the tank time to pick agro back up, so im not too worried about it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by porubezhnik View Post
    You should not use TD as dps.
    Going between 7x TD with 480 ilvl gear and 8x severe/strike/expedient got everything 8x times for mixing makes not much of a difference.

While your ST DPS is clearly betetr with severe/expedient mix it does not change much in overall nor do you even compete against those lucky back to back TD procs.

A TD heavy setup with high ilvl feels just stupid, because it basicly doesnt really matter what you do, TD proc will decide where you land on DPS 1/2/3. Running around with 70% base crit is clearly more fun to play with, especially with frost's FSc - big crit numbers 24/7.
    -

With expedient/severe you have constant damage but with TD it won't proc at all or proc 3xtimes. I would choose always constant damage than some random procs.

Going between 7x TD with 480 ilvl gear and 8x severe/strike/expedient got everything 8x times for mixing makes not much of a difference.

While your ST DPS is clearly betetr with severe/expedient mix it does not change much in overall nor do you even compete against those lucky back to back TD procs.

A TD heavy setup with high ilvl feels just stupid, because it basicly doesnt really matter what you do, TD proc will decide where you land on DPS 1/2/3. Running around with 70% base crit is clearly more fun to play with, especially with frost's FSc - big crit numbers 24/7.
    Haste/Mastery stats amps% as Unholy shits all over TD every single day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Yup! I spanked my 2 hunter buddies this week in a 17 key with TD7 on my Blood DK. Just got lucky during a few bigger that we intented pulls with procs. Neither were happy about it but they do enjoy clearing the instances faster.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Pro tip.

Don't target anything and it won't proc on pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Random procs are random

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Just got lucky during a few bigger that we intented pulls with procs. Neither were happy about it but they do enjoy clearing the instances faster.
    Pull sizes shouldn't matter that much because last I recall they capped it at 5 targets so that bigger pulls wouldn't matter as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Pull sizes shouldn't matter that much because last I recall they capped it at 5 targets so that bigger pulls wouldn't matter as much.
    100% damage for first 5
    50% from 6-10
    0% 11+

And yeah full stats amps are much better, maybe not in 15s or whatever when trash melts regardless and you only look good getting a couple tds in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    100% damage for first 5
    50% from 6-10
    0% 11+

And yeah full stats amps are much better, maybe not in 15s or whatever when trash melts regardless and you only look good getting a couple tds in a row.
    Trash melts even in 17-18+ keys pretty fast, with stat stacking you will have a hard time to pull out higher numbers on average compared to just AFKing with TD.

Frost DK ramps solid 15-20 seconds till BotE and burst can be used for maximum impact, with TD DPS players the majority of the mobs is long gone till you could outmuscle them with the stat builds.

I mean with so much streamers you can just watch higher keys and count the seconds how long it takes for certain specs to peak to spot-1 in damage done, while TD is basicly good is low keys good with chain pulls or big pulls. You need pretty high keys with very large pulls (non PUG range) to get anything out of the "BiS Corruption" choices.
    -

The problem with a random proc is that it is random and might happen when you are facing in the wrong direction.

I used TD for some time but never much enjoyed it. Switched to Vers and Haste corruptions when I could buy them and don't miss TD. The spikes are cute when they happen, but a constant stat buff is just better for balanced gameplay.

soon this corruption trash is gone

- - - Updated - - -

muh corruption go BRRRR