Thread: Mars in 4k

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You as a flat earther have no right to claim if something is fake or not...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Okay, I'm intrigued. Why do I not have the "right" to say I don't buy what they're selling with these pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You do...
    Oh good. Thanks.
    Last edited by Hammerfest; 2020-07-31 at 12:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh good. Thanks.
    No problem... Check this out:

What do you think?

Edit: Again... people have the right to criticize it... that tells you that your beliefs are fake, by invoking a colloquialism of claiming you have no right. Your reaction is only rational, if that poster, had the ability to limit your right and wasn’t just using a colloquialism to say your ideas are fake.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-31 at 12:44 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think?
    So I'm wondering if it would be acceptable to you if I used the excuse that so many others have used here whenever I post a video and tell you that I won't look at yours because I don't want my YouTube feed corrupted...

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm wondering if it would be acceptable to you if I used the excuse that so many others have used here whenever I post a video and tell you that I won't look at yours because I don't want my YouTube feed corrupted...
    Mine is on topic, by explaining why we go to places like Mars, in the broader context of the question why. As well as showing that science is in the realm of searching for the gravity particle, as an example of how far along we are. If your video is on topic, than feel free...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is on topic, by explaining why we go to places like Mars, in the broader context of the question why. As well as showing that science is in the realm of searching for the gravity particle, as an example of how far along we are. If your video is on topic, than feel free...
    That's precisely the kind of response I've come to expect from you, Felya. Thanks for your input.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's precisely the kind of response I've come to expect from you, Felya. Thanks for your input.
    Dude... not my rules... if you want to spread bullshit, feel free. Mine are not controversial, do not discuss anything controversial or go anywhere near conspiracy theory. If you can do the same, than feel free... this victim act is not going to work on me.

Edit: You think there might be a reason I needed to explain why those videos are on topic? I’m willing to go that tiny step to stay within the rules. Sorry... I don’t think that means I’m being silenced...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lemaître
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-31 at 12:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    What strikes me is how much like Earth it appears.

A lot of these landscapes would almost fit right in to any barren and rocky desert here on Earth.
    I agree. There's nothing here that couldn't have been shot somewhere on Earth.

I agree. There's nothing here that couldn't have been shot somewhere on Earth.
    So, you agree you have no evidence to back up your assertions... got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh good. Thanks.
    Conspiracy theories are not allowed, if you feel the need to feel special by believing in nonsense i am sure you have your platforms where you can all go together and claim to be more informed than others while denying science and replacing it with thinking you can see things on the horizon.

But who am i to stop you from making a fool out of yourself, so go on right ahead. If you want we can discuss the psyche of a conspiracy theorist and how it is a mental condition?

Okay, I'm intrigued. Why do I not have the "right" to say I don't buy what they're selling with these pics?
    Because flat-earthers claim that literally everything that refutes their laughable beliefs is fake. Even if one of you were dragged kicking and screaming onto the next trip to the ISS, there would be instant declarations that it was all mind control or some sort of holodeck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Conspiracy theories are not allowed...
    And yet there's another thread here about spaceships made by aliens...

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet there's another thread here about spaceships made by aliens...
    That the differences between both topic escape you is completely no surprise to me. However this is all the time i am willing to commit to a conspiracy theorist as part of the appeal is the attention seeking and i find it morally wrong to feed into what i consider a mental condition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    There is no life on Mars.
    How do you know?

There is evidence of liquid water under the ground, which leaves a few possibilities for microbial life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    If you say "round earth" 3 times while staring at your monitor in the dark, a flat earther appears to berate you endlessly.
    Then you say "ships sailing over the horizon" and watch the melt down.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Times change. Rather protect this planet.
    We protect this planet by leaving it and discovering what's out there.

Technology, Innovation and Evolution 101.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I agree. Besides, the oceans offer tremendous potential for resources and the great majority of it is unexplored.
    Broaden your horizon understand what such small investment in space exploration has already brought us. It is important to do both, remember the saying "Don't Put All your Eggs in One Basket" ?
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want my YouTube feed corrupted...
    I'm sure that ship has sailed.
    /s

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    [/B] [/SIZE]

- - - Updated - - -

Broaden your horizon understand what such small investment in space exploration has already brought us. It is important to do both, remember the saying "Don't Put All your Eggs in One Basket" ?
    We can get the same results by just going to the moon. No need for humans to spend 9 months to a year traveling to a dust bowl. Probes however , are fine. They can tell us a lot and so far, they tell us Mars is pretty much a dead planet.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    We can get the same results by just going to the moon. No need for humans to spend 9 months to a year traveling to a dust bowl. Probes however , are fine. They can tell us a lot and so far, they tell us Mars is pretty much a dead planet.
    No need to send protons in a large circle either to smash them apart at near light speed.

We do things because we're curious and our curiosity leads us to have a better understanding of the universe and that means eventually sending humans to Mars.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    ... they tell us Mars is pretty much a dead planet.
    The Insight probe, currently in Mars, is telling us otherwise. The probe is equiped with a sismomether, and might have detected around 400 Marsquakes so far. The data is still being evaluated, geologist need to dintinguish betwin Marsquakes caused by impacts and the ones caused by geological activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    As @Adam Jensen already said.
    Curiosity is what drives us. Without it, we would have not explored the continents. This way of thinking is extremely damaging for our society, shake it off mate.

It's of course important to do both. Focusing on Earth, resolving issues here, protecting the planet as Bezos visualises. It is also just as important to expand beyond. Mars is a stepping stone for farther exploration. It's like a training camp.

Also expanding beyond our local area is good for future potential mining operations.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
    -K

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    The Insight probe, currently in Mars, is telling us otherwise. The probe is equiped with a sismomether, and might have detected around 400 Marsquakes so far. The data is still being evaluated, geologist need to dintinguish betwin Marsquakes caused by impacts and the ones caused by geological activity.
    I did not mean dead geologically. Dead as far as inhabited by life as we know it. Hostile environment for humans. Saturn is not dead ether. But you sure as hell would not want to land on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    No need to send protons in a large circle either to smash them apart at near light speed.

We do things because we're curious and our curiosity leads us to have a better understanding of the universe and that means eventually sending humans to Mars.
    Nuclear power is very beneficial to mankind. I am not against technological discoveries. But reaching out to Mars at this point ( other than some unmanned probes ) is like fixing the leaking roof on the barn, when the house roof is leaking.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams