Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I don’t know why people love to hate wow

Seriously it’s like kicking a dog and liking it. Now let me preference in saying I am no way a Blizzard fanboy but it’s just depressing to see some of the threads. It honestly baffles me that people wake up in the morning to write post all ways crapping on Blizzard and Wow. I mean I know Some of it is trolling and it’s by the same people. I mean they make Warcraft devs to be comic book level villains instead of people that can make mistakes. I notice a lot of streamers and major content creators have gotten really dark about Shadowlands. Not to mention anyone that says anything positive about wow here now and days are flamed down a hole on. I’m not saying they didn’t deserve to be criticized for BFA absolutely they did. When I go here, it makes not want to pre order Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Legends303; 2020-08-01 at 12:33 PM.

Because we played so much of it, it feels like family.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    Seriously it’s like kicking a dog and liking it. Now let me preference in saying I am no way a Blizzard fanboy but it’s just depressing to see some of the threads. It honestly baffles me that people wake up in the morning to write post all ways crapping on Blizzard and Wow. I mean I know Some of it is trolling and it’s by the same people. I mean they make Warcraft devs to be comic book level villains instead of people that can make mistakes. I notice a lot of streamers and major content creators have gotten really dark about Shadowlands. I’m not saying they didn’t deserve to be criticized for BFA absolutely they did. When I go here, it makes not want to pre order Shadowlands.
    As long as human creatures remain unhappy with their lives, they will continue to shit on everything in their miserable viscinity.

Seriously it’s like kicking a dog and liking it. Now let me preference in saying I am no way a Blizzard fanboy but it’s just depressing to see some of the threads. It honestly baffles me that people wake up in the morning to write post all ways crapping on Blizzard and Wow. I mean I know Some of it is trolling and it’s by the same people. I mean they make Warcraft devs to be comic book level villains instead of people that can make mistakes. I notice a lot of streamers and major content creators have gotten really dark about Shadowlands. Not to mention anyone that says anything positive about wow here now and days are flamed down a hole on. I’m not saying they didn’t deserve to be criticized for BFA absolutely they did. When I go here, it makes not want to pre order Shadowlands.
    its not so strange.

you are talking about addicts who sacrified 16 years of their life for 1 game

its like telling heroin addict that he should just quit because its bad for his health

most of those people sacrifieced their real lives , relationships , education , jobs for sake of game

ofc they react that way to any change to the game they worship

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ever seen someone bitch online about an ex-boyfriend / girlfriend non-stop? It's a similar vibe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now let me preference in saying I am no way a Blizzard fanboy

No, but you're probably just a Necroxis9 fanboy as the past 7 - 8 threads by you have been directly reposting his Tweets and/or posts on here to troll him.

I notice a lot of streamers and major content creators have gotten really dark about Shadowlands.

Jeeze, who could you possibly be referring to this time.

Not to mention anyone that says anything positive about wow here now and days are flamed down a hole on. I’m not saying they didn’t deserve to be criticized for BFA absolutely they did. When I go here, it makes not want to pre order Shadowlands.

Yet you keep coming here and stirring the pot with bait threads. You are kind of are describing yourself as part of this picture you are painting for us.

I mean, after all:

I know Some of it is trolling and it’s by the same people.

Unconstructive anonymous whine about irrelevant things like computer games is a domain of sad and life unfulfilled people.

Many gamers are just that and it's reflected in the thone of their whiny posts.

There’s a big difference between hate and critique.
    I personally want World of Warcraft to be really good, and I hold it to a higher standard because of it. In no way will I be happy or satisfied with whatever given to us for the privilege of playing Wow.
    I want the game to be the best way it can be, so I can play it - and of course that means calling out where it isn’t.
    I hold what I like to a higher standard. This goes for everything. I will never blindly fanboy for anything (except my local ice hockey team of course!), I will never just accept great flaws in something because I currently enjoy another aspect or facet of this complicated game.

This is not to say there are not those who hate a lot on the game, but I feel like people often lump in critique with hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kids whine when they don't like something. Check out social media stuff, sometimes it's considered cool to hate X, other times it's cool to hate Y. Sometimes it's #metoo that matters, sometimes it's #blm. People want to fit in and be part of a group, a community. They want to feel included. They want confirmation on their opinions so that they can get some dopamine.

To the guy above, you'll find no critique here on this site. Critique isn't just calling out bad shit by the way. I love how he argued that he'll call out flaws. He says nothing about calling out what actually works, what you like, etc. People are obsessed with spreading negativity.

Go to a restaurant, eat dinner. Was everything as it should be? Probably. Will you leave a 5 star review? Doubt it. Go to a restaurant, eat dinner. Was everything as it should be? No? Instant negative review online.

Doesn't help that the wow community is as immature and toxic as the LoL one.
    Hi

Nostalgia, "i remember in X expansion when i started then it was the best game ever", now X amount years after people are more jaded to the game and its world.
    Last edited by Sofo1; 2020-08-01 at 01:23 PM.

I think it is from WoW changing drastically every expansion. What people really enjoyed gets changed or has excessive requirements added to it.

Some people will like the changes others will despise them. It is the constantly lurching back and forth between audiences that annoy wow's playerbase even if they enjoy the game.

What I find strange are the people who quit years ago but still stick around to trash talk expansion(s) they haven't even touched. These people even make it clear they will never play WoW again but for whatever reason they still want to "talk" about it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

It is pretty strange. If I dislike something, Ill bitch about it to my friends, but I doubt I'd go to a forum and spend months or even years of my time talking shit about it. But that's my perspective, I can't speak for others who obviously feel different about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you are talking about addicts who sacrified 16 years of their life for 1 game
    No one sacrificed anything for the game. People willingly played it because they enjoyed playing it, that is not a sacrifice.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    No one sacrificed anything for the game. People willingly played it because they enjoyed playing it, that is not a sacrifice.
    That is pretty much the definition of a sacrifice man: destruction or surrender of something for the sake of something else

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Unconstructive anonymous whine about irrelevant things like computer games is a domain of sad and life unfulfilled people.

Many gamers are just that and it's reflected in the thone of their whiny posts.
    Right on the nose. When you have more pressing issues to attend to, minor shit like "but muh class design" literally qualifies as first world problems, which boils down to meaningless whining. It comes from a Stockholm syndrome of playing this game because you're addicted, or you have nothing else to fill your life with, and since it comes natural for human beings to be find misery in everything instead of being happy with what they have, it results in incessant whining over nothing. Just imagine having electricity, running water, a computer with internet connection and the income to afford a game you supposedly love to play, but you still got to whine. Most people in third world countries pray for half of what most of us have. They have to just struggle to survive everything; fetch water from a well, walk however many miles for food, then prepare it from scratch. Sitting in front of an avatar they created in Azeroth with takeout delivered to their doorstep to have fun is as much a fantasy world to them as Azeroth is to gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    To the guy above, you'll find no critique here on this site. Critique isn't just calling out bad shit by the way. I love how he argued that he'll call out flaws. He says nothing about calling out what actually works, what you like, etc. People are obsessed with spreading negativity.
    Those are your words, not mine. I absolutely say when things are great. Why wouldn’t I? It’s however not on the topic of this discussion.
    You seem to be working up a sweat, jumping to conclusions like that.

Its probably more that people still like the game, but are angry about problems in it. It doesn't mean the entire game is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What I find strange are the people who quit years ago but still stick around to trash talk expansion(s) they haven't even touched. These people even make it clear they will never play WoW again but for whatever reason they still want to "talk" about it.
    This. It really boggles my mind as well.
    Hi

It's odd. I don't get the attitude either. It's not only forums but in game too... It's get kind of tiring hearing the same awful jokes about how bad the game is and yet there are here, in-game, playing it every single day. Day in, day out. Games and communities tend to be more fun to take part in if they focus on whats good rather than what's bad constantly. It's just so negative and draining.
    Error 404 - Signature not found