Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    seems like he is kind of condoning it because the statement after that, suggesting the people eating should be charged for not wearing masks.
    I think even the most harsh look at that statement would be that he agrees with the frustration the attacker feels regarding those that continue to refuse to wear masks...he still condemns that act of assaulting those people.

Condoning the attack would look more like "Those fuckers deserved it. I hope they find this women and pin a medal on her chest."

To me though, it reads more like "everyone involved in this situation is an asshole".

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So this woman maced these people for not having a mask on while they were eating. of course this is in California....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ace-masks.html
    I don't understand how bystanders are letting these people just walk away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    And as soon as she's identified, she'll be charged with battery. Seems fine. If only everyone violating mask orders would be charged with assault...
    Eating without a mask isn't violating ANY mask order.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    This might be a new concept to some types of people, (conservatives....) but it's possible to think someone should be charged for something but NOT be beat by police.

Wanting someone to be charged =/= wanting them to be attacked violently.
    might be hard for you to understand, but everyone agrees that police shouldn't just beat up people they're arresting, only the ones that are violent, including ones that steal officer's weapons in the process after becoming violent out of nowhere. i also have no idea what you're comment has to do with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Seems like you need to brush up on comprehension skills.
    i comprehend just fine, but people make excessive statements about things that have nothing to do with the topic but are near related, like saying in a thread about people that were pepper sprayed for not wearing a mask, while they were trying to eat, that people not wearing masks should get arrested for assault, causing all sorts of unrelated chatter and attacks in the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    You shouldn't be going out and eating in restaurants anyway right now.

It's just irresponsible and childish.
    they were in a park, with plenty of space around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post

To me though, it reads more like "everyone involved in this situation is an asshole".
    and i'm sure many people see it like that too. they also see someone condoning assholes being assholes to each other, and believing people were justified in not having a mask on while trying to eat.
    Last edited by zhero; 2020-08-01 at 12:59 PM.

Still irresponsible. Quarantine yourself.
    Wtf does this even mean? That everyone needs to stay at home until...a cure?

Fuck anyone trying to keep me from going out.
    Try and mace me...no one will be sympathetic with what I leave crushed on the ground.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are ppl so spineless they cant tackle a bitch like that, but instead rather film it?
    Give her a GOOD handegg tackle and do a citizens arrest.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    might be hard for you to understand, but everyone agrees that police shouldn't just beat up people they're arresting, only the ones that are violent, including ones that steal officer's weapons in the process after becoming violent out of nowhere. i also have no idea what you're comment has to do with me.
    I can show a video of Trump and quote a great many people on here that are perfectly fine with police beating people.

Did I say YOU or did I say conservative? Guilty conscience much?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So this woman maced these people for not having a mask on while they were eating. of course this is in California....
    Yes, this is bad, and the woman who maced them should be charged with assault.

Yes, there are very stupid people out there. Quite a few in fact.

Do you think I'm going to be more outraged by this than the dipshits intentionally coughing on others because they asked them to wear masks? Not really.

And if you think California has crazies, you're going to be blown away by the people in Florida.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's insane, if some random woman maced a family I wouldn't just let them walk away. It's weird how bystanders can see violence and not do anything.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-08-01 at 05:58 PM.

Strange so many people are trying to distract from the topic and talk about something else

If you lack the discipline to keep yourself and the people around you safe... then you'll have to live with the consequences.
    Simple as that. And I'm not talking about being maced, the consequences might be far graver than that.
    The discipline of not wearing a mask while eating?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Or just film her, grab her plates, and let the cops deal with it. No reason to risk a lawsuit from the person.
    Imagine having such a "lawsuit culture" people are afraid to stop people literally assault others, what a shithole.
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Imagine having such a "lawsuit culture" people are afraid to stop people literally assault others, what a shithole.
    It's not just a lawsuit issue. Citizens are not police. They do not have an legal authority to use force on another citizen. Doing so opens them up to legal repercussions.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not just a lawsuit issue. Citizens are not police. They do not have an legal authority to use force on another citizen. Doing so opens them up to legal repercussions.
    You CAN do a citizen arrest, maybe not handegg tackle, but u can still pin em to the ground awaiting cops.
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    /s

A person can use force to prevent someone harming others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    A person can use force to prevent someone harming others.
    Under what law. At best you can make a citizens arrest in which you can't use undo force. Use too much force and guess what happens.

Under what law. At best you can make a citizens arrest in which you can't use undo force. Use too much force and guess what happens.
    Good Samaritan law here in NJ.
    It's really not even a question here. If my actions sent Joe Blow to the hospital because he wanted to "mark" up his former girlfriend's face, and I break his arm and leg I assure I won't be going to jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Good Samaritan law here in NJ.
    It's really not even a question here. If my actions sent Joe Blow to the hospital because he wanted to "mark" up his former girlfriend's face, and I break his arm and leg I assure I won't be going to jail.
    https://www.villanideluca.com/unders...samaritan-law/

I see nothing about being able to beat someone and not get in trouble for it.

She was just exercising her right to do whatever she wants in a FREE COUNTRY.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    She was just exercising her right to do whatever she wants in a FREE COUNTRY.
    Except you're violating other people's freedom when you initiate violence or use physical force. Thinking "free country" equals "freedom to non-consensual interactions" is a fundamental misunderstanding of what it means for people to be free.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-08-02 at 05:40 AM.