10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump made his second unscheduled visit in less than a year to Walter Reed today. This time he had to be rushed there from the golf course. Based on photos he at least had an IV in his hand.
    Okay, when you post something this big you really need a cited source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check the hand under the newspaper.
    It’s not inflamed, it looks like a liver spot...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump made his second unscheduled visit in less than a year to Walter Reed today. This time he had to be rushed there from the golf course. Based on photos he at least had an IV in his hand.
    There's nothing that indicates that he actually went to Walter Reed today. I found one unsubstantiated tweet to that effect, but it was later deleted, and the line it was quoting was from an article about last year's unscheduled visit.

Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2020-08-02 at 04:07 AM.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    In case any of you Trump supporters and wondering about Trump's past racism:

A trump supporter asked, "Name one time trump was racist."
    Okay:

*SNIP*

Oh sh*t, you said one time. Sorry, my bad.
    Yeah but none of those count because they all go against my narrative.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Stay safe, folks.
    It's not going to be easy. We're seeing new studies saying children can spread the disease like...um...a disease. They are just less likely to become symptomatic cases or be hospitalized.

Meh, could be a lot of things at his age. I'm actually more curious about what appears to be a bunch of white, bound document-type papers jammed in-between the newspapers. They could ALSO be a lot of things, of course, but they have a more "official" air about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's not going to be easy. We're seeing new studies saying children can spread the disease like...um...a disease. They are just less likely to become symptomatic cases or be hospitalized.
    Didn't we already know this? Kids are disease-riddled vermin. We at least already knew thanks to an earlier study that 10 and up can spread it as easily as adults.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus...that's school opening and everyone getting it pretty quickly. No symptoms mean no testing. Sits with kids for a few weeks, getting passed around. Then teachers/admin get it - school's closed.

Stay safe indeed. See you in May.

Jesus...that's school opening and everyone getting it pretty quickly. No symptoms mean no testing. Sits with kids for a few weeks, getting passed around. Then teachers/admin get it - school's closed.

Stay safe indeed. See you in May.
    Little sleeper agents with mucous factories producing full time. How can this end well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't we already know this?
    There's "know" and "have clinical proof".

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Little sleeper agents with mucous factories producing full time. How can this end well?
    I mean, this is probably the nightmare scenario for the [previously functioning but now politically gridlocked] CDC. Spread a pandemic around, verify kids can get it, then put them all back in school. Rinse, repeat - and then burn the bodies of the [much more vulnerable] adults in large piles outside of cities.

Not blaming kids/teachers/schools. We all know where the blame lies (and double entendre ftw).

This might be as bad as it can get.

There's "know" and "have clinical proof".
    Nah, I was thinking of this from mid-July. Fantastic to hear it's even worse than previously thought.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, my friend showed me and I posted and then used the bathroom. Give me a minute and I’ll show the picture.

- - - Updated - - -

I think your friend got some bad info. No way this could be a secret and not be all over the news right now. No one is reporting. Not digging on you, to be clear - just looks like a false report. Got my hopes up, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, I was thinking of this from mid-July. Fantastic to hear it's even worse than previously thought.
    And after it decimates the school teachers/admins, no one is going to open schools again until post vaccine. Plus, medical professionals are already at the breaking point in some states.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting takeaway:
    The vote to renominate President Donald Trump is set to be conducted in private later this month, without members of the press present, a spokeswoman for the Republican National Convention, citing the coronavirus.

If the GOP decision stands, it will mark the first party nominating convention in modern history to be closed to reporters.
    The party of transparency can't even live-stream their nomination of der Fuehrer.

Interesting takeaway:

The party of transparency can't even live-stream their nomination of der Fuehrer.
    My guess is it's because they're expecting more dissent from within than they'd care to admit to the public.

10+ Year Old Account
    So once again, it's time for Guess the Tweeter!

We have more cases because we have tested far more than any other country, 60,000,000.

If we tested less, there would be less cases. How did Italy, France & Spain do? Now Europe sadly has flare ups. Most of our governors worked hard & smart. We will come back STRONG!
    "Sigh."

Correct, it's Trump.

The US has about 25% of the cases in the world, and about 25% of all the deaths in the world, to the lethal outbreak now so disproportionately common in the US that calling it "CHINA VIRUS CHINA VIRUS CHINA VIRUS" is as honest as saying they eat more frankfurters in Frankfurt than America, by claiming that Americans eat hot dogs so it doesn't count.

But it's been a day or two, so let's open it up to another 24 hour challenge. Because cases/deaths are roughly proportional in the US (about 25% of the world each) there are only a few possible outcomes.

1) Trump is lying.

2) Trump is telling the truth, and our caseload is higher because of increased testing. But this also means we have a disproprotionately high death rate, because other countries didn't test as many people and therefore had fewer cases than they would have, if they tested like the US did. This would lower their death rate, since they'd have more cases but the same number of deaths.

3) There is no option three. Trump didn't allow one by, for example, saying "deaths are inflated because rogue doctors are blaming suicides and heart attacks to COVID-19". Therefore you may not invent an alternate scenario to this challenge. Sorry. I don't make the rules, even in my own challenges -- Trump supporters must follow Trump's rules. (Non-Trump-supporters are allowed to add other options)

I will point out, however, the real risk of attempting one of my challenges is the sheer number of previous challenges that Trump supporters have failed. Just to use a name at random, @lockedout has avoided this thread for some time, but he has posted during the time of my previous challenge, and also has posted in other threads. Therefore, he has failed to rebuke Trump for suggesting pushing back the election, and by doing so has admitted he wants to delay the election. Also he has admitted he is a coward, but with the other missed challenges, that's now proven a dozen times over. It's not the strategy I would have gone with myself, but let's face it, Trump supporters are increasingly low on options. "I cannot defend Trump and I am a coward" seems to be something they're more willing to admit in public than "Trump is lying and I am willing to say that Trump lied".

Hell, at this point, we're seeing reports of people who would literally rather die than say Trump is wrong. I'm not even talking about Cain, not primarily. I'm talking about the people who are demanding packed classrooms for their children. Deaths are over 1,000 a day and it's still early August. If schools are being forced to host packed classrooms of children in record-setting case/deaths states, then late Sept/all of Oct, we're going to see the complaints magically shift from "I want my kids in packed classrooms so I can work" to "now I have to keep my kids home because all the teachers are sick" to "my babysitter died".

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is it's because they're expecting more dissent from within than they'd care to admit to the public.
    I find that unlikely. One, Trump will hear about any dissent and throw a Trumper Tantrum. We'll find out. Two, I think they'll still broadcast it on TV, I don't know why @cubby said it wouldn't be. Three, there is no point of dissent anymore. Trump insisted he run unopposed, and the GOP is now the Party of Trump. Four, the lethal outbreak that killed Herman Cain is enough of a reason to remove the public -- they don't need a secret ulterior motive, "I don't want to die" is enough.

So was the MIS-C scare in April/May not Covid caused or should we be checking who has invested in antipyretics?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    So was the MIS-C scare in April/May not Covid caused or should we be checking who has invested in antipyretics?
    It seems to be COVID related.

Hell, at this point, we're seeing reports of people who would literally rather die than say Trump is wrong. I'm not even talking about Cain, not primarily. I'm talking about the people who are demanding packed classrooms for their children. Deaths are over 1,000 a day and it's still early August. If schools are being forced to host packed classrooms of children in record-setting case/deaths states, then late Sept/all of Oct, we're going to see the complaints magically shift from "I want my kids in packed classrooms so I can work" to "now I have to keep my kids home because all the teachers are sick" to "my babysitter died".
    These people are not just willing to die, they are also willing to kill off their family and neighbors and friends.

The summer camp in Georgia that had so many virus positives so quickly, and the speed in which the virus is spreading in the MLB, are MORE than enough evidence to close schools and figure out how to make virutal schooling work.

By the way, Georgia is up to number 5 in number of cases. Right behind California, Florida, Texas, and New York.

New York and New Jersey used to be number 1 and 2 by a lot. Now they are 4 and 6.

At the rate things are going, Georgia will catch up to New York in about 3 months.

Two quick additions before I get to one of the best ice cream parlors in the country, and I have looked
    Unless you're going to Fentons Creamery in Oakland, CA, this statement is a damned filthy lie.