Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    Because they all came to Azeroth, but I don't remember anyone ever sitting them down telling them "hey, you're not just traveling to a different world, you're traveling to a different timeline". The leader of the Mag'har is the daughter of Durotan in that timeline, so it's either some sort of alternate timeline Thrall, or genetically a sister of Thrall's. Do they know Outland is a shattered version of their homeworld?
    Then I'm sorry to say this, but you must not have paid a lot of attention during their recruitment scenario then, because it's all made clear there.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah totally not relevant that Thrall and Geya'rah are either the same person or siblings.

What does that mean in almost any conversation? Just have them have a conversation about it.
    For anyone but the two of them it isn't relevant, and the Champion of Azeroth isn't entilited to the personal life of Thrall or Geya'rah.

It's clear they both are aware of their heritage, and chances are they already talked about it - otherwise they wouldn't be aware.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    Not really. She's the daughter of Thrall's parents, she does not share more DNA with Thrall than siblings usually do.

A clone is an identical twin of yourself, something that happens regularly IRL, so even if she was a clone, she would still be his sister. And she's not even that. If they share a birthday, she could be said to be his fraternal twin, separated at birth.
    She isn't TECHNICALLY Thrall's sister, because the Durotan and Draka that are her parents are not the same ones that are Thrall's parents. She is actually the AU version of Thrall. That said, if they get along, even though they aren't technically siblings, I could see them treating each other as siblings.

It's a shame really...WOD had SO MUCH POTENTIAL for interesting stories. Time travel and alternate universes can be really fun to explore. But Blizzard took the lazy way out and...pretty much did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostheimr View Post
    More accurate would be that Geya'rah is the female orc-raised version of Thrall.
    It must be weird for Thrall that his quasi-sister is so much like his wife.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    You think so? Geyah'rah imho is way more aggressive than Aggra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aggra is a wimp compared to Geya'rah, tbh.

But I guess they are closer to each other than Thrall and Geya'rah.

7+ Year Old Account
    i agree that most of the timeline stuff was already talk about but they should talk and mention thrall and female thrall knowing about each other, address the "elephant in the room" kind of thing, just to be mentioned they do know about it and their stance.

Cause if not it will be just another shit wod scenario were thrall never mention that to his fathers, in wod.

- - - Updated - - -

just because they are brown don't mean they are alike...

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Then I'm sorry to say this, but you must not have paid a lot of attention during their recruitment scenario then, because it's all made clear there.
    I have played through that just yesterday, which is why I made the thread in the first place. It is at no point mentioned there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    For anyone but the two of them it isn't relevant
    You can say that about every character.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have played through that just yesterday, which is why I made the thread in the first place. It is at no point mentioned there.

- - - Updated - - -

Eitrigg mentions it before even going there, the bronze dragons mentions it throughout the entire questline, Grommash mentions it, Geya'rah mentions it when you click her, the generel mag'har units in Orgrimmar mentions it when you talk to them.

Guess they know.
    But since SoO they just leave the Orc race to rot and keep them in ruins.
    They destroyed the whole race in that exp pack killing lots of Orc characters and did nothing to fix the damage done afterward we dont even know if the dragonmaw, warsong and blackrocks are still part of the Horde. (there are hints that they are but how they look toward the Horde after they killed most of their warriors is unknown)

All we now have left is a ruined Shaman that complains and wants to cry in a corner 24/7 and rather wish he was a Human then Orc in Thrall.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2020-08-02 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i agree that most of the timeline stuff was already talk about but they should talk and mention thrall and female thrall knowing about each other, address the "elephant in the room" kind of thing, just to be mentioned they do know about it and their stance.

Cause if not it will be just another shit wod scenario were thrall never mention that to his fathers, in wod.

- - - Updated - - -

just because they are brown don't mean they are alike...
    It seems they now about each other, it would make little sense if they didn't.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I can, and much of this stuff is left in the shadows for us until much later it happened.

For example, the player character doesn't know much about Lor'themar's relationships, yet there's an entire short story about that. Similarly, we know that the Mag'har Orcs are aware of the different timeline / planet stuff, and that Geya'rah and Go'el are daughter and son of Durotan, but no one will keep mentioning that for you without it being relevant - which it isn't, for the most part.

The issue is already settled: they are "siblings" and that's it. Way less relevant than their relationship as Horde Council members, for example.

Eitrigg mentions it before even going there, the bronze dragons mentions it throughout the entire questline, Grommash mentions it, Geya'rah mentions it when you click her, the generel mag'har units in Orgrimmar mentions it when you talk to them.
    No, they don't mention it. At all. Quote whatever you think qualifies as them mentioning that their world isn't just another world, but in a different timeline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Yes I can, and much of this stuff is left in the shadows for us until much later it happened.
    Total nonsense.

I think a short story (like the one Lor'themar and Thalyssra got) would be nice. The two of them talking about how they almost fucked their people over by handing them over to the worst possible people. I don't think a dialogue in the game would be enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    It seems they now about each other, it would make little sense if they didn't.
    "it seems" isn't enough for me at least, i want those things addressed right, not leaving half open to the imagination of "may or may not" things like that often are disappointing.

A conversation with any MU orc is all it would take to figure it out, so I can't imagine they're not aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    "it seems" isn't enough for me at least, i want those things addressed right, not leaving half open to the imagination of "may or may not" things like that often are disappointing.
    But there is little to no reason to believe that they aren't aware that it is a different timeline. What would any of the other races gain from withholding that information from them (not that it would be feasible to do so).

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet they don't know! Because it would be foolish to know about such grand history, am I right? Defeating Burning Legion with help from different timeline outsiders, joining hands with Draenei who then turned apeshit lunatics and began killing them or converting them. Nope, they definitely don't know their own history!
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, they don't mention it. At all. Quote whatever you think qualifies as them mentioning that their world isn't just another world, but in a different timeline.

- - - Updated - - -

Total nonsense.
    Male Mag'har joke: "Azeroth goes through warchiefs like Draenor goes through alternate timelines."
    Female Mag'har joke: ""Enough of this wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... BLAH! Just let me smash stuff!""
    Another female joke: ""Drahnor. Draynor? Draanur. Draenor. <sigh> I'm just gonna say I'm from Outland.""
    -
    Geya'rah remarks: "You fought a war against the Legion... but you didn't think to call us? Seriously? The fate of the entire universe was hanging in the balance, but you couldn't be bothered to... bah, whatever!
    Listen, smartypants! Did you ever stop to think that YOUR timeline is the "alternate history" and MINE is the REAL one? Heh... bet I just blew your mind...
    -
    Then there's Grommash of course, who says this the moment you arrive at his camp during the recruitment scenario:

Grommash Hellscream says: It has been many years since I set eyes upon a green-skinned orc. And this one at your side is... familiar. You come from Azeroth.
    Eitrigg says: Indeed. I am Eitrigg, and this is <name>, champion of the Horde.
    Grommash Hellscream says: Eitrigg... I knew an Eitrigg who served Blackhand. He was an honorable orc who died in glorious battle.
    Eitrigg says: And the Grommash Hellscream I knew gave his life to free us from the grip of demons. A worthy death.
    Grommash Hellscream says: Well then here we are... two old ghosts. Why have you returned to Draenor after all this time?

But you know, judging by your new "delightful" thread regarding how Bolvar was a racist stereotype, I'm gonna guess you are just trolling honestly.

Male Mag'har joke: "Azeroth goes through warchiefs like Draenor goes through alternate timelines."
    Female Mag'har joke: ""Enough of this wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... BLAH! Just let me smash stuff!""
    Another female joke: ""Drahnor. Draynor? Draanur. Draenor. <sigh> I'm just gonna say I'm from Outland.""
    -
    Geya'rah remarks: "You fought a war against the Legion... but you didn't think to call us? Seriously? The fate of the entire universe was hanging in the balance, but you couldn't be bothered to... bah, whatever!
    Listen, smartypants! Did you ever stop to think that YOUR timeline is the "alternate history" and MINE is the REAL one? Heh... bet I just blew your mind...
    -
    Then there's Grommash of course, who says this the moment you arrive at his camp during the recruitment scenario:

Grommash Hellscream says: It has been many years since I set eyes upon a green-skinned orc. And this one at your side is... familiar. You come from Azeroth.
    Eitrigg says: Indeed. I am Eitrigg, and this is <name>, champion of the Horde.
    Grommash Hellscream says: Eitrigg... I knew an Eitrigg who served Blackhand. He was an honorable orc who died in glorious battle.
    Eitrigg says: And the Grommash Hellscream I knew gave his life to free us from the grip of demons. A worthy death.
    Grommash Hellscream says: Well then here we are... two old ghosts. Why have you returned to Draenor after all this time?

But you know, judging by your new "delightful" thread regarding how Bolvar was a racist stereotype, I'm gonna guess you are just trolling honestly.
    They are just joke lines. They're supposed to be meta.

And nothing about what Grom says mentions alternate timelines.