Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm not going hold it against someone for expanding their IP in new ways. I think the idea in concept was an interesting one and could be a fun way to expand the current base of fans.

However, it's not Star Trek... or at least the idea of the show I still hold from TNG, Voyager, and DS9. It seems while CBS has been trying expand on the franchise and realize it's potential that is there, they're losing sight of the original idea that saw the great success it did.
    Last edited by Selah; 2020-08-02 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    they're losing sight of the original idea that saw the great success originally.
    Now, I'm sure you don't mean "originally" because originally it barely survived two seasons and was cancelled after the third.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Now, I'm sure you don't mean "originally" because originally it barely survived two seasons and was cancelled after the third.
    Hence the keyword "success" because you're right, TOS barely survived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks awesome and funny, damn it, I DON'T want to have to get CBS all Access, but between this Picard and Discovery I have no choice
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

i loved the first episode

Well, I got to say to the makers of this show, a job well done. Picard is no longer the worst piece of trash CBS has pumped out for Star Trek. This pile of garbage takes that crown by a landslide. While Picard at least had a few good scenes, a few decent actors that were just horribly directed and great special effects, this show is just cheap in every conceivable way. The animation is cheap, the story is cheap, the jokes aren't funny and it has all the trash associated with Kurtzman's Star Trek. Whoever is the creative team behind this series needs to find a new job.

Their uniforms look good, though. And that's all the positive things that can be said about this.

lol...see now I'm genuinely curious what sort of animation you were expecting based on the trailers.

First episode was okay. They're doing the "constant dialogue in place of good dialogue" thing, that gets annoying pretty fast. But it had its moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it alright, fair point on Tawny Newsome non-stop talking.

We're about to play Star Trek Adventures for the first time and I'm hoping this inspires some interesting supporting characters since my group is fairly silly when it comes to tabletop games.
    /s

Did a free week of CBS to watch Picard and gave this a shot. The first episode and the non stop chatter was grating. I turned it off but gave episodes 2-4 a try yesterday and it honestly wasn’t horrible and seems to be something where they toned things down after the pilot. The humor is hit or miss, but I gave the Orville a shot and just can’t stand McFarlane and his brand of humor even if it is a superior “trek” show in some regards. This show seems to be aiming at a younger audience than me, but it was enjoyable enough. If this is something to bring younger people into trek they could do worse.

This show infuriates me in a way I didn't expect. I greatly dislike the comedy and absolute antithesis of Star Trek lore BUT they have so much accuracy in the ship design, the uniforms, Klingon's (They even had the damn blood wine cup for the Klingons). I hate that this has more visual accuracy than anything else CBS has put out.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2020-08-28 at 03:58 PM.

I love this show !!! all the episodes are great but this final episode where we can see USS Titan is the best thing that could happen to star trek !! originally we were going to have a tv show with riker as captain of USS Titan but it was canceled because ENT was a failure, but I love USS Titan since I read the book the first time! we should have at least one animated show!
    book

tv show

I just watched the whole thing. Boilmer getting stabbed in the leg with a Bat'leth in the first 2 minutes made me laugh out loud.

Sometimes it goes for the easy joke more than it should but it throws enough Trek Easter Eggs at us to keep us content. Sadly, its a better Trek show than Discovery. The characters are generally upbeat about how great science, exploration and Starfleet are even if when its making fun of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I prefer TNG edits for that.
    Thought Picard would give us a 'shut up, Wesley' after he spoke. Damn.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the low ratings would have had it axed by now. I guess they weren't that low.

Well that's exciting. I didn't give it a go til after it had fully aired and a friend convinced me to watch it. Turns out, it was really good. Glad to see its getting a season 2 and it looks like it'll be as much fun as the first season was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alas, the video is unavailable.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    It must be your region. I'd do a YouTube search for it and see if it's available at all for you.
    Ah. It is a Paramount show, which says a lot, as Paramount is barely advertised here. And the ones who know of it, are because we pay for a different streaming service that gave Paramount 2 weeks for free. Hehe. Looks interesting.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

For me as someone who dislikes Star Trek (I cannot take those ship designs seriously) I had a good laugh. IMHO, it is a pretty good parody of itself, meaning Star Trek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    For me as someone who dislikes Star Trek (I cannot take those ship designs seriously) I had a good laugh. IMHO, it is a pretty good parody of itself, meaning Star Trek.
    I like Star Trek, and I have to say that Lower Decks is easily the best thing that has happened to Star Trek since... well, a long time. The creators manage to make fun of the clichees in Star Trek while at the same time catching the spirit and being respectful to the material in a way none of the new actual Star Trek incarnations manage. There's more Star Trek in Lower Decks then in Picard and Discovery combined...

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Ah. It is a Paramount show, which says a lot, as Paramount is barely advertised here. And the ones who know of it, are because we pay for a different streaming service that gave Paramount 2 weeks for free. Hehe. Looks interesting.
    Annoying how some shows you can't officially watch it due to region... but you can watch anything animated, not anime, on KimCartoon.