Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Nono you misunderstand. Its not the vpn connection setup that takes time from the work side(we already had that setup for a few years). Its getting everyone to set up their pc's at home for it and get used to working with it(from their shitty wifi networks that keeps dc'ing them).
    A large company such as blizzard would more likely be giving out laptops configured for the vpn and the tasks needed as most of public and private businesses have done at least in the uk.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Such as?

Having played the beta, to me it seems like it's pretty much almost a finished product. Only the place-holder cinematics must be replaced.

Other than that, I'd say right now the game is in it's class and raid balance tuning phase, which is the last phase of beta.
    Then why are still fucking around with systems in beta? Because the major features in the expac are not done.

They require a lot of testing and it takes time to even get code ready for beta level. I think blizzard will break contracts by delaying till 2021 but all that means is that you will be eligible for a refund. No one will go #straighttojail for this. The suits will try to push for 2020 but if it does happen it will be a disaster. We've already had wow experts explain that it doesn't look ready. #SL2021.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Nono you misunderstand. Its not the vpn connection setup that takes time from the work side(we already had that setup for a few years). Its getting everyone to set up their pc's at home for it and get used to working with it(from their shitty wifi networks that keeps dc'ing them).
    I work in a semi-large company and we have had everything pre-setup for years now. When I worked for the first time from my home a couple of years ago, it took me approx 5 minutes and I was ready to go. And I am by no means an expert in IT, but because everything is so pre-setup it is super easy even for us who don't work in IT. I find it hard to believe that Blizzard employees would find this as something that "takes getting used to".

It's been looking like 2021 release for a while now. I am pretty sure we'll here something concrete at Gamescon.

Quote Originally Posted by Animron View Post
    What's going on?
    They're building it, and beta just started, that's what's going on.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Just be happy knowing it's before Christmas, and before it's actually finished, like usual.

For everyone talking about delays = refunds etc etc - you are actually wrong. Blizzard is not stupid, they have been including some kind of item / unlock with pre-purchase for a while now, and the moment you load the game and 'use' that item, you void your right to a refund.

Under most consumer laws, you are entitled to a refund for a pre-purchased product anyway, without the delay, so this entire refund conversation is silly. This is so long as you have not received the product. Yes, some companies will publicly advertise refunds availability after a delay, but this is a PR stunt in 99% of cases. Some companies will try to push back on the refunds, but again, this has nothing to do with delays, its just companies refusing to honor their consumer act.

Kinda like when chicken companies advertise their chicken as "growth hormone free", despite growth hormones being entirely banned in the industry for half a century.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Just be happy knowing it's before Christmas, and before it's actually finished, like usual.
    Hoping* - we dont KNOW it is before xmas. We dont have a release date, and even when we do, that date could change.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kugarm View Post
    1 year in a patch, welcome do activision blizzard.
    Um it’s been 7 months since the final patch launched, SL will be out early November so less than a year. What the fuck you talking about

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    A large company such as blizzard would more likely be giving out laptops configured for the vpn and the tasks needed as most of public and private businesses have done at least in the uk.
    The company i work for is around the size of blizzard and they literally work in software, security and tech and we had like 20 laptops configured for that and no image to load into new laptpops(the first 50 had to be configured manually).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    I work in a semi-large company and we have had everything pre-setup for years now. When I worked for the first time from my home a couple of years ago, it took me approx 5 minutes and I was ready to go. And I am by no means an expert in IT, but because everything is so pre-setup it is super easy even for us who don't work in IT. I find it hard to believe that Blizzard employees would find this as something that "takes getting used to".
    I guess we are special then. I've heard Ion saying much of the same stuff as we had to go through tho. Maybe its just the fact that we are a security company making having stuff like that a risk. idk. I'm not really part of management.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    They're building it, and beta just started, that's what's going on.
    To be fair, it should be BUILT before beta TESTING. Balancing and tuning should occur during Beta, yes, but if you are still building your game during beta.....

The company i work for is around the size of blizzard and they literally work in software, security and tech and we had like 20 laptops configured for that and no image to load into new laptpops(the first 50 had to be configured manually).

I guess we are special then. I've heard Ion saying much of the same stuff as we had to go through tho. Maybe its just the fact that we are a security company making having stuff like that a risk. idk. I'm not really part of management.
    The largest hit with working from home productivity wise is when people just cba to work and use not being in a company office as a time to get some extra "free time" off. Youd be suprised how many support tickets some i.t and networking departments get during large amounts of remote work because people somehow forget that their log-in credentials for vpn etc arent the same as their personal emails, and tickets get backed up compounding issues.

For everyone talking about delays = refunds etc etc - you are actually wrong. Blizzard is not stupid, they have been including some kind of item / unlock with pre-purchase for a while now, and the moment you load the game and 'use' that item, you void your right to a refund.
    That isn't entirely true, it comes down to a few variables though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Expansion

nothing, we are returning to the good old days of 2-3 months being the announce date.
    Which is good. Comitting to a date so early is a big part of what screwed BFA over.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    It's been looking like 2021 release for a while now. I am pretty sure we'll here something concrete at Gamescon.
    Q1 report: On time for a Q4 release
    Jul Stream: See you in the fall

Pohut: 2021 release guys!

A vpn conenction isn't exactly hard to setup especially for a company with blizzards resources.

sure it would impact productivity in the very short term, but not so much beyond a few weeks.
    Most, if not all, of their developers already had that setup at home to begin with before the pandemic hit.

- - - Updated - - -

ANd as wer have told you, they have had that set up already. Things are nowhere near where you claim they are.

Most, if not all, of their developers already had that setup at home to begin with before the pandemic hit.
    I don't doubt it i was just pointing out that even if they had been totally unprepared, it's not like it would have cost them months of dev time.

Honestly if i was based in cali remote work would be a neccessitty for me as i would almost constantly baked.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

Under most consumer laws, you are entitled to a refund for a pre-purchased product anyway, without the delay, so this entire refund conversation is silly. This is so long as you have not received the product.
    1) The first thing is not entirely true. There are several variables such as what is the value of the part of the product you use in comparison to what you ordered. No law in a developed country is so black and white that you can use such simple trick to avoid handling with its purpose.

2) Yes you are entitled to a refund of pre-purchased product, but that doesn't mean you might not be obligated to pay if it causes losses to whoever you ordered from. For example, you cannot go and order a car and before receiving it from the factory simply say "nah I don't want it actually" without consequences. There is a difference between being entitled to a refund with or without any possible consequences.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-08-02 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    1) The first thing is not entirely true. There are several variables such as what is the value of the part of the product you use in comparison to what you ordered. No law in a developed country is so black and white that you can use such simple trick to avoid handling with its purpose.

2) Yes you are entitled to a refund of pre-purchased product, but that doesn't mean you might not be obligated to pay if it causes costs to whoever you ordered from. For example, you cannot go and order a car and before receiving it from the factory simply say "nah I don't want it actually" without consequences. There is a difference between being entitled to a refund with or without any possible consequences.
    You are wrong. Completely wrong. How do i know? Blizzard have successfully used this recently to avoid refunds. I dont know why this is at all difficult to understand - if you Pre-order an expansion, load it up, and start utilizing some of the purchased features - sometimes for MONTHS, you cannot then turn around and say "i changed my mind". The only exception being if the benefits have not been activated at all, eg you get a max level boost, but have not used it.

And stop comparing a purchase of tens of thousands of dollars with a video game - it makes you look foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are wrong. Completely wrong. How do i know? Blizzard have successfully used this recently to avoid refunds. I dont know why this is at all difficult to understand - if you Pre-order an expansion, load it up, and start utilizing some of the purchased features - sometimes for MONTHS, you cannot then turn around and say "i changed my mind". The only exception being if the benefits have not been activated at all, eg you get a max level boost, but have not used it.

And stop comparing a purchase of tens of thousands of dollars with a video game - it makes you look foolish.
    Except for they aren't completely wrong.

There are variables, and refunds are possible on all levels of pre-orders of shadowlands Dependant on these variables.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animron View Post
    What's going on?
    It's not ready yet, we'll get a release date when they feel it's ready enough to warrant one... If they give us a release date without the finish line in sight then they will likely have to launch it in an unfinished state, which is bad for everyone.

I for one would rather they release it when it's ready, a delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is forever bad, and all that. I don't care if it takes them another 6+ months, as long as they use that time constructively.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-08-02 at 08:48 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Except for they aren't completely wrong.

There are variables, and refunds are possible on all levels of pre-orders of shadowlands Dependant on these variables.
    You are both completely wrong, and have provided zero evidence to support your claim. I have explained that blizzard have used the unlocking of allied races to deny refunds, and the level boost. This is evidence to support my claim.