Poll: Which suit would you rather have

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    meh sub atomic ability would make the laser useless unless that laser can transverse dimensions to the Underspace?
    That's making the assumption that Antman can react to the laser faster than the laser can cut him in half.

Although he may not appear so in the MCU, Ant-Man has unfathomable potential as one of the most powerful figures in Marvel canon, thanks in part to his access to multiple planes of existence. Chief among them is the Overspace, which is only within reach when the Avenger uses Pym Particles to grow to extraordinary heights.
    That means he can talk to the most powerful figures in Marvel Canon....it doesn't make him an equal to them.

Ant Man's potential is pretty high...but let's not put him up there with cosmic beings. Most of his potential comes from being one of the 5 Smartest people on Marvel Earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    He's not bullet proof. Never has been, not even in the comics.
    Lang is subject to the Pym particle. That gives him his original mass without the actual weight. It toughens him up but I'm pretty sure an AI-guided laser won't be a problem taking him out.

No...not even in the comics let alone the movies. You don't know much about this character at all. Are you confusing him with the Vision?
    Well for this thread and question, I was going with the MCU version. He seemed to be able to grow larger and in that capacity, size and over all mass, he could if big enough likely bounced anything Ironman could throw right off.

Obviously I am not using strict physics here, not sure how his breathing would fare or other variables, but then again Tony Stark is going like + Mach in his Ironman suit, which should turn him into soup.

So to the best of my knowledge based on the films, I'm voting ant man.

Hell he could literally make himself so small he could emerge inside Ironman and destroy him from the inside, sub atomically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    No there quite a lot of limitations for ant man in the marvel universe.
    Meanwhile two sets of ironmans suits essential capable of doing the exact same thing as ant man suits.
    His Escape suit which is basically a hard light multi tool can do everything he can imagine,
    And then there the nano bot one that copy tech including the shrinking ability of ant man (spoiler lots of people are using the shrinking tech in the comics, there 2 currently active “ant man” , various companies using it and even villains are using it atm)
    I never seen Ironman do this in the MCU, that was my reference for this debate.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I think this boils down to a question of flying or invisibility: pick one.

Iron Man's flying ability is muted because he has a low top speed and he is mostly Earth bound and not going to use it to travel to the nearest star system or anything. But shrinking down super small is effectively invisibility and invisibility is invisibility which is really awesome in a lot of ways so I'd pick Ant Man's suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

I never seen Ironman do this in the MCU, that was my reference for this debate.
    You've never seen Antman do half the things you said he could in the MCU either...

The biggest we've seen Ant man get nearly fucking killed him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    I think this boils down to a question of flying or invisibility: pick one.

Iron Man's flying ability is muted because he has a low top speed and he is mostly Earth bound and not going to use it to travel to the nearest star system or anything. But shrinking down super small is effectively invisibility and invisibility is invisibility which is really awesome in a lot of ways so I'd pick Ant Man's suit.
    I think if you're boiling down Antman and Ironman to those two things...you're really missing the bigger picture
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-08-02 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Ant Man's potential is pretty high...but let's not put him up there with cosmic beings. Most of his potential comes from being one of the 5 Smartest people on Marvel Earth.
    Assuming Hank Pym, I agree. He's one of the top geniuses.
    I recall him taking out a bunch of powerful baddies simply using his smarts
    As for mcu antman he's a lot more fun being antman. He certainly doesn't need the upgrade that marvel comics tossed on everyone after the 90s. (It was ridiculous. And apparently most agreed.)
    Well for this thread and question, I was going with the MCU version. He seemed to be able to grow larger and in that capacity, size and over all mass, he could if big enough likely bounced anything Ironman could throw right off.
    While I can see concussion driven projectiles such as bullets being less effective, Stark's repulsors are supposed to blast through 6 brick walls on a single hi-powered strike.
    Obviously I am not using strict physics here, not sure how his breathing would fare or other variables, but then again Tony Stark is going like + Mach in his Ironman suit, which should turn him into soup.
    Stark is an engineer among his other qualifications. Gravimetric pressure and other variables are all part of the equation of flying in that tin can.

Antman shrinking down and having the same mass and strength without the weight bogging him down, is an absolute fun idea to play with. I recall someone trying to crush him by stepping on him. Not possible since he's still got his mass. There's a versatility that shouldn't be ignored in favor of raw power.

I don't think you should bring in physics when it comes to Antman.

I mean sure, Tony Stark is in a metal cage travelling at mach speeds.

But Antman literally defies physics with everything he does. He even violates the made up physics they created to explain how he violates physics.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-08-02 at 11:34 PM.

Considering I have no interest to do Iron Man things Ant-Man's suit might have some fun usage for me. Though I'd probably try it once, then be too terrified for another shot after seeing insects the relative size of an elephant.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Well considering flying private vehicles especially close to earth would be highly illegal and most likely get you shot down and weighed down in legal bills.

I'll go with Antman's and cure the food crisis in some countries and hopefully that chills people out a bit. I'd also help destroy the meat industry by instead of millions of cows dying a day ill just make one big one they can cut up and ship out. Will be a lot less pain and suffering in the world with the antman suit.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Well considering flying private vehicles especially close to earth would be highly illegal and most likely get you shot down and weighed down in legal bills.
    let them try shooting me down:

And that's just what the MKII suit can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    let them try shooting me down:

And that's just what the MKII suit can do.
    I'm not saying you'd die. It would be annoying as you're flying along listening to your AC/DC and you keep getting interrupted by missle fire as you're going to Japan to get some sushi for lunch
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

3+ Year Old Account
    Ironman's suit is for fun.
    Antman's suit is for science.

Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    Ironman's suit is for fun and science.
    Antman's suit is for science and fun.
    Fixed that for you

For the ai alone, Ironman's. It can be its own standalone robot that I would wear whenever I want.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have a symbiote suit tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Antmans. I mean just add a few upgrades to antmans you could have a Ironant suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Though I'd probably try it once, then be too terrified for another shot after seeing insects the relative size of an elephant.
    This would probably be the deal-breaker for me, as well. Seeing living things through a microscope already weirds me out.

On the flip side, I'm not exactly sure what I'd do with a suit that is essentially the world's biggest, most powerful armory. Beyond flying around in it, of course, but that seems kind of like a waste.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

I don't think you can pass up Jarvis or whatever AI is currently in the Iron-man suit, personally.

5+ Year Old Account
    Never need a restroom break in Ironman's suit.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Pepper Potts : You just peed in the suit.

Iron Man : I know, it has a filtration system.

Pepper Potts : It's not sexy.

Iron Man : You could drink that water.