Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    You people? Buddy im not on the far right. I do however believe pateron got fartoo over zealous with their crusade. If they stopped at just sargon and southern. They wouldn't be in this predicament. But nope they wanted to go after other things. Now they pay the price. Just because im not walking in lockstep and going OMHG TEH RIGH ARE WINNING. SANINICUSI IS SAYING THING I HATE IM GOING TO BE A disingenuous poster and just label him. Yep you see it works both ways. And you wonder why people aren't civil anymore? Now please act like an adult and not a karen.
    Then don't use them. It's that fucking simple.

Instead, you are opposing freedom of association... to support Nazis. So, when you find yourself associating with Nazis, and supporting their cause... you really better make sure it's a good cause. As of now, that cause is literally hatred of freedom of association.

If you wonder why people paint you with that brush, that's why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Get woke, go broke, punk. This is what happens when you fringe left lunatics try and push your politics on people who you don't know a single fucking thing about. Then you get the centrists like us supporting them because you are the ones acting like douchebags. Constantly trying to deplatform and ban people because they disagree with you makes you the bad guy here, not us. Especially with people like Sargon and a whole myriad of artists on Patreon who have been banned in the last while. Artists have been harassed and threatened to be banned by Patreon for sharing their own works through other websites because Patreon continues to push antiquated rules about certain types of content.
    Once again, you are opposing liberty, in order to stand with Nazis, that's what you are doing.

When a Nazi asks you to hold their flag for them, while they attack liberty... don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    This has nothing to do with right or left wing propaganda. Arbitration lawsuits in CA have a 250 dollar filing fee, which the plaintiffs are responsible for. They are then responsible for whatever legal fees are needed to run their lawsuit. Patreon is likewise responsible for their own legal fees. Sargon has millions of fans, and had thousands of supporters on Patreon. He's something of a martyr to the right wing side on this free speech issue, and I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing to put up legal fees. Lawyers in CA don't exactly work cheap. So each one of those people will need something in the ballpark of 500+ per billing hour per attorney on their case. That's all they will have to pay. Even if Patreon wins each and every arbitration, they are looking at millions in attorneys fees. They aren't a big company like Disney, Facebook or Google. THAT is why this is bad news for them. Also, Sargon isn't the only person who has been banned from Patreon who had contracts severed by Patreon. Followers from Lauren Southern and Milo Yiannopoulos could open arbitrations too.
    It's odd that people are cheering on Nazis litigating people to death in an attempt to stifle liberty.

Imagine that.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Maliciously filing arbitration for nuisance claims is a thing, yanno.

If Patreon easily wins all these arbitrations because the merits of the case are nil, guess what, they get to turn the tables on those filing arbitration.
    They aren't winning them, that much is for sure. There's already over 100 claims up for arbitration, which they have to pay the majority of the fees for, costing them up to 10K per arbitration. So they are already likely going to lose money that they really don't have trying to fight arbitrations, all because they chose to ban content creators for stupid reasons. And this goes well beyond Owen Benjamin and Lauren Southern.

They aren't winning them, that much is for sure. There's already over 100 claims up for arbitration, which they have to pay the majority of the fees for, costing them up to 10K per arbitration. So they are already likely going to lose money that they really don't have trying to fight arbitrations, all because they chose to ban content creators for stupid reasons. And this goes well beyond Owen Benjamin and Lauren Southern.
    It's a shame that so many of you abhor the idea of not wanting to do doing business with Nazis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might seem like a win, but the places alt-right can operate on is shrinking constantly and considering all their own platforms go bust before they even start, because they lack the talent, intelligence and funds to set something similar up, as most of their money is spend on putting slightly intelligent window lickers on a pedestal or in in short being conned. This is still going to end up being a loss for that camp.

Not sure why people would hate on Patreon probably something to do with fascism not being allowed i guess, or the usual safe space request for white trash snowflakes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't expect this to have proved such a popular thread TBH, although reading through it I'm surprised at how many people around here hate the concept of consumer rights. At least a few people like @Saninicus & @Fincayra get the legal/financial implications of all this. Though @Volatilis - I'd stop arguing with Machismo if I were you. He's too small-brained to understand the importance of honouring things like contracts or ToS you not only voluntarily agreed to, but *wrote*.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-03 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling
    Still not tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Didn't expect this to have proved such a popular thread TBH, although reading through it I'm surprised at how many people around here hate the concept of consumer rights. At least a few people like @Saninicus & @Fincayra get the legal/financial implications of all this. Though @Volatilis - I'd stop arguing with Machismo if I were you. He's too small-brained to understand the importance of honouring things like contracts or ToS you not only voluntarily agreed to, but *wrote*.
    Yes, we correctly pointed out that you are supporting Nazis, and opposing freedom of association.

A business should be free to refuse service to Nazis. I'm sorry you disagree.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    should
    And there's the magic word. Whatever you or I think should be the case, the fact is that Patreon engaged in tortious interference, wrote illegal contracts of adhesion, etc etc etc, and is now paying the price for doing so. A victory for consumer rights and hentai artists everywhere !
    Still not tired of winning.

And there's the magic word. Whatever you or I think should be the case, the fact is that Patreon engaged in tortious interference, wrote illegal contracts of adhesion, etc etc etc, and is now paying the price for doing so. A victory for consumer rights and hentai artists everywhere !
    Like I said, it's a shame you seem so happy to support Nazis, and oppose freedom of association.

I should note, I'm not the least bit surprised you of all people would find yourself doing that.

A loss for people who support liberty, and oppose Nazis. No wonder you're so happy that Nazis won a round.

A lot of what I can find on this seems to be coming from alt-right sources hailing the fact that a Holocaust denier might win.

Thanks, but no thanks.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-08-03 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    All I can find on this seems to be coming from alt-right sources hailing the fact that a Holocaust denier might win.

Thanks, but no thanks.
    Well, people love to shill for Nazis, so expect to see more of them pop up.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Might seem like a win, but the places alt-right can operate on is shrinking constantly and considering all their own platforms go bust before they even start, because they lack the talent, intelligence and funds to set something similar up, as most of their money is spend on putting slightly intelligent window lickers on a pedestal or in in short being conned. This is still going to end up being a loss for that camp.

Not sure why people would hate on Patreon probably something to do with fascism not being allowed i guess, or the usual safe space request for white trash snowflakes.
    The bans and the arbitrations don't just impact alt-right grifters like Lauren Southern and Owen Benjamin, just so you know. Patreon has gone after artists as well, threatening to ban or outright banning them from the platform because they created art that was shared to other platforms because Patreon keep tightening their grip on certain types of art being permissible on their platform, in particular mature content. I know of at least half a dozen anime artists, some SFW some NSFW, who have dropped Patreon like a bad girlfriend in light of their absurd rule changes, all at the behest of moral puritans no doubt.

Maybe my opinion is biased, but if someone wants to create adult content (or any content) and is doing so within the confines of their own countries laws, they should have every right to be financially supported by individuals willing to pay money for their work. But the fact is that Patreon went from allowing mature content to outright banning it and then started harassing the people who were putting their SFW work on Patreon and their NSFW on Pixiv or SubscribeStar, just so they could get around Patreon's moral puritan rule of allowable content. And Patreon did it because they want to control creators. But control seems to be the modus opperendai for the fringe leftists, who ironically want to control or outright ban mature content just like Christian Conservatives tried to do to music, TV and film in the mid 80's through the 90's.

The bans and the arbitrations don't just impact alt-right grifters like Lauren Southern and Owen Benjamin, just so you know. Patreon has gone after artists as well, threatening to ban or outright banning them from the platform because they created art that was shared to other platforms because Patreon keep tightening their grip on certain types of art being permissible on their platform, in particular mature content. I know of at least half a dozen anime artists, some SFW some NSFW, who have dropped Patreon like a bad girlfriend in light of their absurd rule changes, all at the behest of moral puritans no doubt.

Maybe my opinion is biased, but if someone wants to create adult content (or any content) and is doing so within the confines of their own countries laws, they should have every right to be financially supported by individuals willing to pay money for their work. But the fact is that Patreon went from allowing mature content to outright banning it and then started harassing the people who were putting their SFW work on Patreon and their NSFW on Pixiv or SubscribeStar, just so they could get around Patreon's moral puritan rule of allowable content. And Patreon did it because they want to control creators. But control seems to be the modus opperendai for the fringe leftists, who ironically want to control or outright ban mature content just like Christian Conservatives tried to do to music, TV and film in the mid 80's through the 90's.
    Good for them, it's their property.

Once again, you are equating the actions of a private entity with those of the fucking government. One uses guys with guns, the other does not.

Imagine being outraged and incensed that a company decided to not do business with Nazis.

lol, off topic threads are full of people like machismo and queen of hamsters screaming at everyone else that they're nazis, misinformed or just flat out refusing to accept news from any non-FAR left site

and moderators like Rozz support them via censorship

It seems like every single website is funded by the far left, censored by the far left and ends up all looking the same with no room for discussion. Maybe the boogeyman is a "pierced queer teen in cyberspace" instead of the old white man in a pointy hat?

3EB was ahead of their time.

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    lol, off topic threads are full of people like machismo and queen of hamsters screaming at everyone else that they're nazis, misinformed or just flat out refusing to accept news from any non-FAR left site

and moderators like Rozz support them via censorship

It seems like every single website is funded by the far left, censored by the far left and ends up all looking the same. Maybe the boogeyman is a "pierced queer teen in cyberspace" instead of the old white man in a pointy hat?

3EB was ahead of their time.
    Except... people like Lauren Southern and Sargon are Nazis. They are white supremacist trash.

As for me, I'm not on the far left, I'm a small-government conservative... a libertarian.

If you don't like it, start your own website. Of course, if you want to stand up, and oppose freedom of association while defending Nazis, be my guest.

A lot of what I can find on this seems to be coming from alt-right sources hailing the fact that a Holocaust denier might win.

Thanks, but no thanks.
    I've never watched Benjamin, so can't speak to his quality or lack thereof, but Patreon banned a bunch of folks and it pissed off a lot of people. He just happened to be the one that noticed the "opportunity" with the California Arbitration laws and organized some of his patrons.

Many companies have used the "arbitration only" to prevent lawsuits they'd have to pay to defend, so California passed this law to remove most of the costs of Arbitration. Patreon trying to retroactively change their terms because it suits them to consolidate into a class action lawsuit is dishonest at best. They haven't even really tailored their ToS to the situation, just tried to swap it. Even if you find the folks to be abusing the system vs Patreon, it should also be acknowledged that Patreon is trying to do some shadey stuff.

But I mean, as far as I'm aware Political Focus isn't a protected category, so Patreon could just have made a "Liberal Artists, Progressive Patreon!" that excluded all the conservative, right wing, whatever else they wanted from the start, why pretend to be neutral?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't expect this to have proved such a popular thread TBH,
    I found that strange too, I'm not sure if you saw it but you triggered a second thread where this guy was literally telling us to go and support people who use Patreon because of this while simultaneously saying Patreon wasn't in financial trouble. I was like wut lol.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-08-03 at 03:53 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Thanks, but no thanks.
    Here's a link to the court order the judge applied to Patreon https://s9503.pcdn.co/wp-content/upl...Injunction.pdf

Mike Cernovich, a lawyer who got the Epstein files unsealed, was discussing the ruling and what it impact it could have on Patreon long term on Twitter a few days ago. It wouldn't take a huge amount of arbitrations to put Patreon out of business because they chose to violate their own rules and the law. The whole ban of Sargon of Akkad on Patreon was ridiculous in my estimation, everything that I've seen from him over the years, wouldn't justify any form of ban. Conceivably, Sargon's Patron base would be enough to outright crush them, and it wouldn't even need to be a third of them to do it. Like I said in a previous post, upwards of 10k per arbitration, if they had say even 1000 arbitrations put against them, that'd be close to 10 million dollars, I don't think they have that in the bank. And Patreon laid off 13% of it's workforce barely a month ago. So any notion that they aren't struggling financially would be a dishonest lie.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2020-08-03 at 03:13 PM.

Here's a link to the court order the judge applied to Patreon https://s9503.pcdn.co/wp-content/upl...Injunction.pdf

Mike Cernovich, a lawyer who got the Epstein files unsealed, was discussing the ruling and what it impact it could have on Patreon long term on Twitter a few days ago. It wouldn't take a huge amount of arbitrations to put Patreon out of business because they chose to violate their own rules and the law. The whole ban of Sargon of Akkad on Patreon was ridiculous in my estimation, everything that I've seen from him over the years, wouldn't justify any form of ban. Conceivably, Sargon's Patron base would be enough to outright crush them, and it wouldn't even need to be a third of them to do it. Like I said in a previous post, upwards of 10k per arbitration, if they had say even 1000 arbitrations put against them, that'd be close to 10 million dollars, I don't think they have that in the bank.
    You mean the guy calling people "white niggers" and being an ethno-nationalist isn't worthy of a ban?

Nah, companies shouldn't be forced to do business with racist trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Except... people like Lauren Southern and Sargon are Nazis. They are white supremacist trash.
    You do understand whenever you label someone nazi, it's just a buzzword that polarizes everyone into ignore/agree? They're not literal nazi's, at best nazi sympathizers or white supremacists or similar, and really who cares the degree? I doubt you care really, unless you don't want to be "that guy" online, but it's very tedious to discussion.

As for me, I'm not on the far left, I'm a small-government conservative... a libertarian.

If you don't like it, start your own website. Of course, if you want to stand up, and oppose freedom of association while defending Nazis, be my guest.
    Patreon, not as much, but I'm just not sure why the government doesn't make their own Twitter for example. The Public Square has moved online, and the government needs to provide one.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You do understand whenever you label someone nazi, it's just a buzzword that polarizes everyone into ignore/agree? They're not literal nazi's, at best nazi sympathizers or white supremacists or similar, and really who cares the degree? I doubt you care really, unless you don't want to be "that guy" online, but it's very tedious to discussion.

Patreon, not as much, but I'm just not sure why the government doesn't make their own Twitter for example. The Public Square has moved online, and the government needs to provide one.
    I don't give a shit, they are racist scum, they are Nazis.

The government is free to make its own websites, they make thousands of them.

No business should be legally obligated to serve racist trash. That's not a difficult concept.