Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    You can get engaging experience on Retial - i agree.
    Difference is - it is not mandatory to interact with anyone here.

As stated before - i regret playing on PvP server.
    It was huge mistake but even tho i still love Classic mostly because i've got friends here and amazing guild.

Uhhh... youre talking now about Classic or Retail?
    I've got great guild on Classic and 95% of the drama does not concern me.

We are not talking about TBC.

... and you can buy guns, drugs for money too...
    Of course i meant only by ingame options.

Uhhh... Black Lotus?... Crusader recipe?... Golden Pearl?...
    Try to upgrade these in raids.

And thats how it should work.
    On retail you click LFG tool and boom you are doing dunegons skipping any player to player interaction.

I agree.
    I avoid any toxic environment and i love my guild. :P

I've been watching his stream yesterday but probaly missed that part.
    Can you link timestamp to that?

Anything? No, but he has proven many times that his informations are not just random thoughts and were sooner or later confirmed.
    It’s no less mandatory on classic than it is in retail. Nice try though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilik View Post
    If retail had same level of community engagement, there would be more visible toxicity too, lets not pretend its only problem in classic. The problem is far larger, in internet culture as a whole. People like to find ways to fuck others over, when they can hide behind anonymous online persona.
    Did they say it was only classic? No. Did they even imply it was only classic? Also no.

You’re defending and practically endorsing their toxicity with the ever so shitty “well they did it too” excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

I is pretty sad that 10% of Classic population is very toxic and this is the face of community.
    Personally i did not even make a step in Silithus (due irl stuff) this week but i regret playing on PvP server.
    People doing these things just to have this slightly different colour mount blows my mind.
    10%? Rofl.

- - - Updated - - -

Retail toxicity is low due:
    - it is basically single player game with almost no player to player interactions
    - you can turn off warmode so nobody will grief you (toxicity in Classic exist almost purely on PvP servers)
    - there is no master looter so you will not get ninjaed
    - no raid/group/server wide quests and bosses
    - you can buy almost everything for gold
    - there are no patterns and ingredients that are hard to get
    - you can sign up for everything withot leaving main city

I am not saying it is better or worse.
    It is just different.
    1: false
    2: false
    3: true but wasn’t an actual issue in pug groups and on the very slim chance your guild did it, no one was forced to stay in that guild
    4: immaterial
    5: subjective opinion presented as fact
    6: just like spamming chat to find groups

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Sorry, I'm no GM and can't look into their accounts to prove that to you.
    They know that. That’s why they want to ignore the best proof you can legally provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    It’s no less mandatory on classic than it is in retail. Nice try though.
    Let's say these are just personal thoughts.

10%? Rofl.
    What % is it in your opinion?
    I am playing on medium/high populated PvP server and i've not noticed that much toxicity except idiots making low level priests and dispelling in main cities.
    It is really sad to read some stories from different realms.

1: false
    Let's say you are typical casual player.
    How many player to player interactions do you need in LFG/LFG/pet battles/random BGs?

2: false
    False that you can't be greifed on Warmode off or false that only PvP servers are toxic?
    Well... i do not agree in both

3: true but wasn’t an actual issue in pug groups and on the very slim chance your guild did it, no one was forced to stay in that guild
    That is why i am mostly stick to one guild and my irl friends.

4: immaterial
    ???

5: subjective opinion presented as fact
    Not sure to what sentence you are repling to since you made 6 resposes to my 7 points.

6: just like spamming chat to find groups
    Even this (very simplified):
    [2. Trade](Me): LF1 DPS BRD, last spot.
    [w from X]: Mage, lvl 60 here.

Is better than totally automated system that puts you with random people that will not say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    This is the main point.
    I'm on a PvE server and it's pretty chill, rarely encountered an asshole in nearly one year.

As for the supposed toxicity, what I notice is, as always, that in a Classic thread it's mostly retail anti-Classic players coming to spill their bile. So much for retail having a better community
    its not retail players doing that, its just the cesspool that is the vocal minority here on mmo-champion and the blizzard forums

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    You don't know how right you are.

I've played since BC (literally the day after the South Park episode first aired) and I was looking SOOO forward to Classic. It was the only content I didn't play in its natural state.

Made it to level 20. Couldn't find anyone to play with who wasn't an asshole. Couldn't find people to quest with. I didn't even find a guild. Finally gave up.

Like...all I wanted from the day they announced classic wow was to see the whole AQ gates event -- the buildup, the donations, all that. I was looking forward to farming and contributing. But it's just been an asshole parade where every float is a different streamer.

Such a shame. Could have been so much more fun.
    Perhaps the mistake you made was selecting a high pop PvP server where the tryhards and the streamers would go.
    I selected a Low Pop PvE server and I did not have had any of these problems, I joined a casual guild, I had fun and chill dungeon runs, made some leveling friends.

Overall it is very fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Of course, when it is somethin possitive then its "the classic community" and you would have already ten people screeching at you if you said the same line to somethin good, but when theres something shitty(again) like this then suddenly theres no "classic community", hillarious.
    It's pretty normal to accept and condone positive behavior, and to reject poor behavior, even if you're not the one doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I mean, I can't say I blame you... but uh...
    *nostalgia*
    Nothing I said was nostalgic. But I do have fond memories of the AQ event when I did it so many years ago. My server was small enough to not have huge enmity between competing guilds. There weren't dozens of jaded people trying to ruin the AQ event and Scepter of the Shifting Sands questline for others. We were wide-eyed players figuring things out as we went along. So even if there were some assholes (and there were) who wanted to give people a bad time, they didnt have the required knowledge. By the time they knew about Baristolth, those who were on the questline were already busy collecting Silithid Fragments.

My guild opened the gates. On our forum (not the official one, our own server one) I organized a big speech in front of those laggy gates, with a horde druid (Sup Proterra babe, hows your udder?) translating into Orcish. We hit the gong and after mass disconnects we fought the invasion while the Silithid goliaths punted some of us all the way into Un'goro and Tanaris. Good times.

If I said I wistfully long for those days, then yes it'd be nostalgic. But I said I'm not sullying my memory by overwriting them with a new experience. An experience that is, objectively, completely different from back in the day due to the accessibility of information and the change in player attitudes.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Even this (very simplified):
    [2. Trade](Me): LF1 DPS BRD, last spot.
    [w from X]: Mage, lvl 60 here.

Is better than totally automated system that puts you with random people that will not say anything.
    is it?

the mage might aswell just respond with gibberish, you are going to shift click him anyways.

so is replacing the gibberish reply with a signup, and replacing the shift click with it just straight up saying the class and level, really any different? especially when it comes with the benefit of it effectively being a global chat channel instead of being stuck so trade chat?

like honest question: in the average group, do people actually talk about moving to the instance? or do they just check their map to see whos already on the way/whos closest and expect them to do it without talking, and then maybe someone asks about it after a while when its obvious nobody is moving?

Funny how this thread is toxic retail players complaining about classic toxic players.