Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Release date announcements were between 2 and 4.5 months before release for xpacs since MoP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    It doesn't "track" with the last few launches, cause the last few launches were in August.
    They are not talking about the month of release. But the track of the past development cycles. They never said the last few expansions launched in November. You can go back and re-read their words. Track record as in X time for Alpha. Y time for Beta. Z time for pre-patch. We can follow that track to predict the launch window of the current expansion.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-08-03 at 09:13 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    My apologies for assuming people on this forum operated on a third-grade reading level. I will endeavor to explain things as I would to a small child going forth.

edit: Hold on, I don't want any further misunderstandings from not leaving things spelled out to the letter.

You see, when I was in third grade (which is the third year of public schooling, not including kindergarten or pre-schooling) we were taught something called 'context clues.' In this specific instance, context clues provide that, as BFA and Legion shipped in August and we're discussing an expansion that just went into beta, it is a reasonable assumption that my comment did not imply a 1:1 timetable comparison. Rather, it was taking into account the timetables between beta launch and an expansion going gold in previous launches, as well as Blizzard's long-standing history of sending most of their employees home for the holidays, meaning they would have to get it out before everyone goes home.

You see how this works? This is stuff they taught in US public schools (which are an absolute punchline where education is concerned, I'm not sure about your country). Try it sometime, life gets easier when you learn how to infer.
    The seething passive aggressiveness in that post is absolutely cathartic

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They have released expansions early/mid december before. There is nothing that speaks against it. "BUT THEY NEED WEEKS TO FIX THEIR BROKEN GAME?!?!?!" No they don't. Also christmas sales will be huge.
    They do need to be at work to fix their broken launch. And launching in December likely means Christmas raiding which is just shitty.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    There is no other way to read this than "the expansion will be released in November because the last few expansions were released in November". If this guy actually meant that confusing beta stuff he pretends he actually meant, then maybe he should've written that. Maybe at least mention the word beta, because he didn't. I am not aware that "tracks with" is a key phrase for how long it is from beta til release.

If you guys would actually read his original post, you could shut up, because everything you are saying is ignorant anyway.
    Wrong. There are definitely other ways of reading this, with a small bit of common sense and some critical thinking. You're just interpreting what was said incorrectly.

Anyone can look and see that the last two expansions did not release in November, and that clearly, that's not what the person you quoted was trying to imply.

If you misunderstood, you could've asked, or rethought your position after receiving the clarification that you did, and the honest, harmless flub would've likely just fallen by the wayside. At this point, you're just making a fool of yourself. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The seething passive aggressiveness in that post is absolutely cathartic
    I enjoyed it, how bout you? Im used to some really silly stuff on these forums, but im still amazed at times how people will be so desperate to twist words and argue from ignorance as best they can, rather than simply say "oh hey, you are right, i misunderstood"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    They do need to be at work to fix their broken launch. And launching in December likely means Christmas raiding which is just shitty.
    Uldir opened on September 4th (Expansion launched August 14th for comparison). So they can easily just delay the raid opening until January. It might suck for those that still play heavily during the holidays to have to wait a month or two for raiding and cause some burn out with early world content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Uldir opened on September 4th (Expansion launched August 14th for comparison). So they can easily just delay the raid opening until January. It might suck for those that still play heavily during the holidays to have to wait a month or two for raiding and cause some burn out with early world content.
    Yeah i think the best solution if this scenario presents itself is to launch the prepatch late November / early December, and hold off on raiding if it isn't quite ready. For those who play a lot over the break, at least they can try the new classes out, the new leveling experience, and the unlocked allied races. I would FAR prefer this over "take it as is, balance is terrible, classes are unfinished, but we will totally fix all that in 9.1, promise!"

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I don't think that would go over well. If torghast is the only difficult content to people will burn out on it far too early and the centerpiece of the expansion will turn into another hated piece of content.

I don't see them delaying any more than the usual 3 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yeah i think the best solution if this scenario presents itself is to launch the prepatch late November / early December, and hold off on raiding if it isn't quite ready. For those who play a lot over the break, at least they can try the new classes out, the new leveling experience, and the unlocked allied races. I would FAR prefer this over "take it as is, balance is terrible, classes are unfinished, but we will totally fix all that in 9.1, promise!"
    I mean, you really think it would be different after another few weeks? If they plan for release Nov 17 but can't until dec 1 do you really think anything would change?

I mean, you really think it would be different after another few weeks? If they plan for release Nov 17 but can't until dec 1 do you really think anything would change?
    In that scenario? Maybe. However thats 2 weeks, what if it was three like you suggested? Now its 8th December - you think they will launch raids on xmas day? What if it is the first of December - 2-3 weeks before raid launch still puts it very close to xmas. I dont see them releasing raids within 2 weeks of xmas personally.

Its funny to read people talking about this stuff like they're working at blizzard

In that scenario? Maybe. However thats 2 weeks, what if it was three like you suggested? Now its 8th December - you think they will launch raids on xmas day? What if it is the first of December - 2-3 weeks before raid launch still puts it very close to xmas. I dont see them releasing raids within 2 weeks of xmas personally.
    Either Dec 1 or 8th is bad for the game imo. You're talking not seeing season 1 until the second week of Jan. 6 weeks for the 1st, 5 weeks for the 8th, that's never happen before and won't be received well.

No arenas, no m+, no raids. Just nothing but torghast after torghast

Either Dec 1 or 8th is bad for the game imo. You're talking not seeing season 1 until the second week of Jan. 6 weeks for the 1st, 5 weeks for the 8th, that's never happen before and won't be received well.

No arenas, no m+, no raids. Just nothing but torghast after torghast
    So you are suggesting they will hold the release back until the NY? Or that it will be coming earlier in November?

So you are suggesting they will hold the release back until the NY? Or that it will be coming earlier in November?
    It'll either be by Nov 17 or not until Jan IMO

It'll either be by Nov 17 or not until Jan IMO
    Yup, i think we can agree on that. I realise "i agree" is a dirty thing to say around here, but hey...

Yup, i think we can agree on that. I realise "i agree" is a dirty thing to say around here, but hey...
    SIR! You better go wash those words out of your mouth!

SIR! You better go wash those words out of your mouth!
    Shit, sorry. hang on.....um....

You are wrong and here are 17 out of context quotes from chinese fan sites proving why you are wrong! Also, back in 2005, when talking about a completely different game, this is what Blizzard had to say: "Bla bla out of context quote from well over a decade ago bla bla"

There! Take THAT! Also, logical fallacy bla bla Strawman Bla im right you are wrong, and i am so confident of this fact that i wont be replying anymore!

/Thread!

But yeah, those dates really do seem the most likely - it will be a while before we know more i suspect, but it seems extremely doubtful it will be released "early", because one thing people seem to forget is that everyone has a different environment at home - i have 2 young kids, so working from home during our lockdown lasted about 2 days before i gave up and just waited it out. Im confident some of the team are finding it extremely challenging, depending on their living situation.

Does that mean it will be delayed by months and months? Not necessarily, but i certainly doubt they are making fast progress.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    Oh yes, the "online convention/trade fair", sounds legit. Enjoy.
    are online conventions/trade fairs new to you? this isn't the 1970's, stuff like this can easily be done online.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    are online conventions/trade fairs new to you? this isn't the 1970's, stuff like this can easily be done online.
    Isn't Gamescom just an online convention to most people anyway? Like... they can't fit every player in there. Just like Blizzcon, to most people it's just an online affair.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Like Blizzcon kind of already does.