Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    They do need to be at work to fix their broken launch. And launching in December likely means Christmas raiding which is just shitty.
    The launch will be fine, and nobody said the raid has to open X weeks after launch. They will open the raid whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It'll either be by Nov 17 or not until Jan IMO
    You talking about season 1 or you talking about SL itself? If the latter, SL can't wait until Jan without causing a huge mess. It will be 2020 whether it is ready or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You talking about season 1 or you talking about SL itself? If the latter, SL can't wait until Jan without causing a huge mess. It will be 2020 whether it is ready or not.
    Prepatch, expansion, or S1?

SL will either be the 17th or not til Jan.

It won't really create much of a mess, just an annoyance to people who wanted it in 2020.

We'll get prepatch this year no matter what I think.

December 8th i think

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    December 8th i think
    Just wondering the logic of a 5 week wait for Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    Its funny to read people talking about this stuff like they're working at blizzard
    It's even more funny to read the ones that really think they know what the hell they're talking about.

It won't really create much of a mess, just an annoyance to people who wanted it in 2020.
    You are incorrect.

They advertised it as releasing by Dec 31st when they sold it and breaking the promise is more than an annoyance. Countries have laws. You can't sell things with promises and then do whatever you want without consequence.

They made financially material statements about when they would release the expansion. Publicly traded companies cannot make and continue to reiterate financially material statements and then just do whatever they want without consequence.

It would be a significant mess.

You are incorrect.

They advertised it as releasing by Dec 31st when they sold it and breaking the promise is more than an annoyance. Countries have laws. You can't sell things with promises and then do whatever you want without consequence.

They made financially material statements about when they would release the expansion. Publicly traded companies cannot make and continue to reiterate financially material statements and then just do whatever they want without consequence.

Man, Square Enix, CDPR, Blizzard, Amazon, and many more must be just in SO much trouble then! but no, they're not, pushing back a release date won't do much, maybe they'll be forced to give out refunds in some countries, but beyond that, nope.

Man, Square Enix, CDPR, Blizzard, Amazon, and many more must be just in SO much trouble then! but no, they're not, pushing back a release date won't do much, maybe they'll be forced to give out refunds in some countries, but beyond that, nope.
    Yeah because those are at all parallel. LOL

It's ok that you don't understand how things work. That's why I'm here.

edit: Also, you're pretty clueless about these things when you don't mention shareholder lawsuits, which are super common. But you're a gamer, not an investor, so yeah you're clueless.
    Last edited by Trend; 2020-08-03 at 11:20 PM.

Yeah because those are at all parallel. LOL

It's ok that you don't understand how things work. That's why I'm here.
    They are all the same thing lol, all delayed games, that's what we're talking about.

There's no difference in delaying SL vs Delaying WC3:R

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Um it’s been 7 months since the final patch launched, SL will be out early November so less than a year. What the fuck you talking about
    January 21 ~ December 22

January to December = 1 Year

Quote Originally Posted by kugarm View Post
    January 21 ~ December 22

January to December = 1 Year
    January to January is 1 year, Jan to dec is 11 months.

If it were Jan 21 to Jan 21, THAT would be year.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are incorrect.

Ahhh been waiting for many pages for the magic "promise" word to come along. Show me one place...one sentence, one paragraph where Blizzard has said "We promise...hell we pinky promise....to have this out by such and such a date" You can't do it. This nonsense has gone on with every expansion..."They promised...wahh wahh wahh" Never, ever have they used the word "promise". Going to use the ol...well they insinuated promise? Nope not going to fly. Oh....and your avatar is DB Cooper...the disappearing thief...so your word doesn't really hold much weight.
    Last edited by boyzma; 2020-08-03 at 11:46 PM.

We got at least another month and a half till cloaks are max.......then they have to let us play with all that corruption for a while.........then pre patch.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    It's even more funny to read the ones that really think they know what the hell they're talking about.
    So what do we do, pop a beer and just let them have at it? We can watch right.

We'll get prepatch this year no matter what I think.
    What makes you say 11/17? I'm just curious because I think it is possible for it to be 11/10 or 11/17. I haven't read all of the thread recently, so if you explained this already, my bad.

I don't think there is any chance of it pushing to 2021. They want that money on the 2020 books.
    #TeamTinkers

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing Blizzard is legally bound to do if the date is delayed is offer a refund. Their investor, finacially material, statements made about the release are not contracts. Investors might react to a pushed product launch but they are not bound by anything.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Because early WoD and BfA are noted for their polish?

Also, for the record, I'm not white knighting Blizzard. I have no problem calling them out on their bullshit and I do when I feel like it's necessary. But apparently any fucking opinion on this website that isn't calling Blizzard incompetent worthless retards is interpreted as such so I apologize for failing to appeal to the internet's hate boner by making light of banal, pointless cynicism.
    Well, you didn't include the actual correct option in your first comment, which somehow appears to a simple mind like me that you did it deliberately, just to bash forum posters. I dunno, maybe I got the vibe wrong.

In the past, they could release expansions polished on time; although, I admit that they had to keep the previous expansion going, to an exhausting level. They sacrificed time for quality. But now, they are falling short on both time and quality.

You are incorrect.

You mean like how they delayed Warcraft 3: Refunded?

Yeah. I wish people would stop repeating this absolute bullshit.