Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It is actually a small part of the community, even 1.3k is nothing in the numbers and the main area to post would be spectrum where you more likely to get a dev response, CiG didnt say when they were going to give an updated roadmap so they can put one out when they feel it is correct.

They never hyped anything to do with the roadmap, they just said they will put one out when it is ready.
    You are one guy, 1.3k thousand other people is not. But keep attempting to diminish them, that "they are small part". A reminder - same thing is hapening in CIG forums and elsewhere on the internet. People are not happy, no matter what you spin.

Also, its still a piece of paper with a list. Why is that hard for CIG is a good question

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    snip
    Simple fact is there is barely even anyone complaining and the ones complaining are the ones that still put money towards the game regardless so its not up to you to say what backers are happy with.

There is a game, its not perfect but the alpha is more than enough of a game so it doesnt matter if its missing planned features since many games have planned features and dont implement them for years.

How do you know his salary since its never once mentioned, why should the person who started the game not get money anyway it would just be the same as asking a dev to work for free. So yes its being used on development, the game is not making profit atm or very little so when its released thats the only time it can really make any money, there is plenty ways to make money for SC once its released.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    You are one guy, 1.3k thousand other people is not. But keep attempting to diminish them, that "they are small part". A reminder - same thing is hapening in CIG forums and elsewhere on the internet. People are not happy, no matter what you spin.

Also, its still a piece of paper with a list. Why is that hard for CIG is a good question
    2.8 million accounts, so yes 1.3k means nothing(plus the 1.3k will not all be complaining), people are unhappy at anything you can never keep them happy no matter what, if you really wanted to complain you would do it on the official forums but there is barely any large presence of complaints on a specific topic.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-08-03 at 09:14 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I don't understand why you guys continue to engage with Kenn? I mean I don't think the game deserves as much hate as some throw on it, but it's clear he isn't being honest when replying.
    You'd think that, but the game's fanbase is partly composed of people who willingly throw the price of a car in pixel ships at a video game company that, after 6 years of development and 300M$ of funding, doesn't have much but a pre-pre-alpha to show for it and still faces massive technical hurdles while slipping their schedule more times that can be humanly counted.

So yeah, I do think some people ARE honestly this deluded and think just like Kenn, that the devs can literally do no wrong, perhaps because they're far too invested in the dream of what SC could be rather than what it is or is actually headed towards. To me nothing else can satisfactorily explain why the game still gets record funding while also having record low communications and actual progress.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You'd think that, but the game's fanbase is partly composed of people who willingly throw the price of a car in pixel ships at a video game company that, after 6 years of development and 300M$ of funding, doesn't have much but a pre-pre-alpha to show for it and still faces massive technical hurdles while slipping their schedule more times that can be humanly counted.

So yeah, I do think some people ARE honestly this deluded and think just like Kenn, that the devs can literally do no wrong, perhaps because they're far too invested in the dream of what SC could be rather than what it is or is actually headed towards. To me nothing else can satisfactorily explain why the game still gets record funding while also having record low communications and actual progress.
    Never said there aren't people like that, but when it comes to this thread there is only Kenn.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I don't understand why you guys continue to engage with Kenn? I mean I don't think the game deserves as much hate as some throw on it, but it's clear he isn't being honest when replying.
    because I enjoy reading his weak excuses and bad attempts and deflecting.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Simple fact is there is barely even anyone complaining and the ones complaining are the ones that still put money towards the game regardless so its not up to you to say what backers are happy with.
    I never made a claim on whether they were happy or not, simply said I've seen some online specifically say they're NOT happy. So CIG saying backers SHOULD be happy is horseshit, and you saying backers are happy is also horseshit, especially when you yourself just admitted that there are some who aren't.

There is a game, its not perfect but the alpha is more than enough of a game so it doesnt matter if its missing planned features since many games have planned features and dont implement them for years.
    Point being, this is still not the game they promised, not even close. You being happy about that fact and being happy with the version of the game they have no is not proof that CIG is doing OK...it's means you're OK with what CIG is doing.

How do you know his salary since its never once mentioned, why should the person who started the game not get money anyway it would just be the same as asking a dev to work for free. So yes its being used on development, the game is not making profit atm or very little so when its released thats the only time it can really make any money, there is plenty ways to make money for SC once its released.
    I never said he shouldn't get paid. I thought I read somewhere what his salary was and it was like $300k or something, but I'll rescind that argument since I can't find a source for it.

Point is, the company is bringing in money and CIG is able to afford to pay all of it's employees a reasonable salary, along with Chris Roberts who is apparently making enough from this (along with his past successes) to afford to buy, a multi-million dollar home. That in itself doesn't speak to his CIG salary, but it does show that what he is making, makes him comfortable enough to buy something like that with all it's upkeep and such, which is not insignificant.

Just because they're not making profit doesn't mean it's not doing incredibly well for what they're doing. They obviously haven't made any profit yet because everything they're bring in is supposedly going towards teh cost of developing the final product, they won't be able to make a "profit" until the game is released and development is over, then they can start recouping the costs they've incurred from development. I think they'll have a hard time making a reasonable profit considering they're $300 million into this with no end in sight.

They don't have a finished product to sell. But based on just the community themselves saying that this is an incredibly niche game, it's not going to make hundreds of millions of dollars from game sales. They can obviously add digital sales items, like ships and insurance and stuff to the game after release, but until we see that I'll reserve judgement. I'm just highly skeptical that they'll make as much as they have from crowdfunding once the game releases. We'll see.

2.8 million accounts, so yes 1.3k means nothing(plus the 1.3k will not all be complaining), people are unhappy at anything you can never keep them happy no matter what, if you really wanted to complain you would do it on the official forums but there is barely any large presence of complaints on a specific topic.
    The point is there ARE people, backers specifically, who are not happy. That's it. You can't hand wave that away.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2020-08-03 at 09:54 PM.

snip
    Gamers not being happy is common for anygame, its impossible to keep a gamer happy for long. If they were really unhappy about things there would be a mass post in spectrum you know the actual place if you want a dev to actually answer but there is not. The amount of whiners are so miniscule its hardly even worth mentioning.

CiG are already making 10 million plus a year from just the company and nothing to do with backers, so once everything is finished there will be even more revenue from things like tech and such, can easily bring in at least 20-30 million a year that would be enougth to have a decent number of staff and still generate profit. CiG make around 50-60 million a year atm.

Never said there aren't people like that, but when it comes to this thread there is only Kenn.
    and mr anderson and odeezee and cogsncocks and many others over the past year or two in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    because I enjoy reading his weak excuses and bad attempts and deflecting.
    And pretty much this. I love the hurdles and hoops they are jumping through to try and defend this disaster.

A few others veer dangerously close if you ask me, but then again there are also posters who seemingly have a serious axe to grind with this game. It has a way of bringing out the toxicity in people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    and mr anderson and odeezee and cogsncocks and many others over the past year or two in this thread.
    unless I'm missing something none have gone to the places Kenn does. Most of them/us just want to read about the game and not go through 50+ pages of the same exact argument over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.........
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

A few others veer dangerously close if you ask me, but then again there are also posters who seemingly have a serious axe to grind with this game. It has a way of bringing out the toxicity in people.
    I have an axe to grind with it only because I hate it when crowdfunded things end up like this. Like the Trials of Ascension disaster from a few years back. SC is a lesson in what can happen when the scope of a Kickstarter gets way out of hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only mods actually moderated these boards.... (goes for people on both sides)

snip
    Uh then you need to go and read some past quotes from those people. Because it would cause pages of the same types of issues from shit they would say. I mean what do you expect on these forums though? When people are mostly given free reign to spout off really stupid shit people are going to react to it because there isn't much else to talk about. There sure isn't much to talk about as far as the current SC game, because it is still pre-pre-whatever the fuck Alpha and is a buggy mess with a lot of missing gameplay loops and a lack of people able to play it at once as an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh then you need to go and read some past quotes from those people. Because it would cause pages of the same types of issues from shit they would say. I mean what do you expect on these forums though? When people are mostly given free reign to spout off really stupid shit people are going to react to it because there isn't much else to talk about. There sure isn't much to talk about as far as the current SC game, because it is still pre-pre-whatever the fuck Alpha and is a buggy mess with a lot of missing gameplay loops and a lack of people able to play it at once as an MMO.

Sorry, you must be mistaking me for Kenn. I'm not gonna bother.

Sorry, you must be mistaking me for Kenn. I'm not gonna bother.
    K good discussion then.

Gamers not being happy is common for anygame, its impossible to keep a gamer happy for long. If they were really unhappy about things there would be a mass post in spectrum you know the actual place if you want a dev to actually answer but there is not. The amount of whiners are so miniscule its hardly even worth mentioning.
    Again, the only point is that there are backers who are not happy with the state of things at CIG. Again, you can't hand wave that away.

CiG are already making 10 million plus a year from just the company and nothing to do with backers, so once everything is finished there will be even more revenue from things like tech and such, can easily bring in at least 20-30 million a year that would be enougth to have a decent number of staff and still generate profit. CiG make around 50-60 million a year atm.
    Good for them, but as you've stated those things have little to do specifically with Star Citizen and/or Squadron 42. I'm talking profits specifically from the sales of those games or things directly related to those games.

actually rounded up to 3 million accounts, with a margin of error of 2-3% 1.3k is enough for a 95% Confidence level... so yeah that's a big deal to someone that was studying this from a PM or cost point of view but they don't care as people throw money at them. I'm in 50.00 give or take so whatever. I feel sorry for those in for 1,000's.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I have an axe to grind with it only because I hate it when crowdfunded things end up like this. Like the Trials of Ascension disaster from a few years back. SC is a lesson in what can happen when the scope of a Kickstarter gets way out of hand.
    I won't deny that Star Citizen is a shitshow, as I've made clear, but I do think the hate is a bit much sometimes.

No arguments as to SC being a lessen in Kickstarter bullshittery. I do believe there's a reason the crowdfunding craze has died down a lot, and at least some of it is due to this game's many, and very much still ongoing, development woes. Fans mostly ignore the actual realities of game design and programming and should never decide the course of development to such an extent, that's how you get ridiculous feature creep and such.

Well, that's just not fair. There's Mr. Anderson, too.

Or... there was, until he got banned.

Again, the only point is that there are backers who are not happy with the state of things at CIG. Again, you can't hand wave that away.

Good for them, but as you've stated those things have little to do specifically with Star Citizen and/or Squadron 42. I'm talking profits specifically from the sales of those games or things directly related to those games.
    There are always gamers not happy with something no matter what game it is, its impossible to keep everyone happy even if everything went perfectly, unless a significant portion of the community voices any concerns then is means nothing.