Thread: C'thun down

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

C'thun down

FYI, already deleted by these guys https://www.twitch.tv/cigarzz

Why was it deleted from the game

it was pretty obvious because china's reset is like 12h before NA's.

would be interesting to know how well they did on huhuran and if they were wearing NR gear.
    ---

Check warcraftlogs, two guilds have knocked it out already.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Check warcraftlogs, two guilds have knocked it out already.
    Indeed i see NR on melee. Ty
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by B@ndit View Post
    would be interesting to know how well they did on huhuran and if they were wearing NR gear.
    Some guild tried Huhuran with no NR. They wiped twice then put on NR gear.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/rep...39&type=deaths

Average life expectancy of melee DPS with zero NR is about 4.1 seconds after the boss hits 30%.

Some other guilds killed it without NR, but their enrage phase lasted about 10 seconds since they had six world buffs on everyone.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2020-08-04 at 02:10 PM.

It'll be hard this time guy I swear!! This one was made for 16 debuff slots it will day days at least, I promise!!
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

It's almost as if people naively ignore the fact that its 15 year, beaten to the bush content, with complete knowledge of the raid and character mechanics, in far better conditions (lag, fps, interface, addons, weakauras, minmax, itemization).

It would never be 'hard' as it was when people had no clue how to play or how the game work, so stop parroting that nonsense.

It's a step up from BWL on difficulty and mechanics, and a lot of guilds will have some trouble clearing it, whilst others will smash it in under 2 hours.

Who cares?

Even Naxxramas which is the pinnacle of difficulty of Vanilla will be triviai for the most part (there will be a couple of exceptions tho) considering all those same factors, give it a rest.

It's funny how easy raid bosses are defeated if they are put into the game as mathematically possible. They should have put the real vanilla C'thun in that was impossible for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by lectos View Post
    It's funny how easy raid bosses are defeated if they are put into the game as mathematically possible. They should have put the real vanilla C'thun in that was impossible for a few weeks.
    C'thun was alive 86 days after Twin Emps were killed. I guess it depends on your definition of "few", but I wouldn't call 12+ weeks that.

Quote Originally Posted by lectos View Post
    What would be the point of that if it was impossible to do?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Impossible by the metrics of that time but now where everyone is try harding the game to death it would be interesting to see if that still holds up.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So why didn't they get MC and BWL first? Did Western guilds hold off intentionally to get more ppl the Scarab Lord Title and mount? I mean....apparently they also had the resources pretty much gathered when AQ came out....5 days shipping the war effort...still two days to brute force the sceptre quest.

Did China just not care about helping more players to the title? Or am I missing something how if you don't care he "should" have been down on the weekend?
    BWL did not release with a weekly reset. MC was the most competitive because you had to level.

AQ is hard gated by the first reset because the first part of the quest chain requires you to kill the third boss of BWL and a later part requires you to talk to the second boss of BWL. This means that no matter how sweaty you are you cannot unlock AQ without at least 1 reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Impossible by the metrics of that time but now where everyone is try harding the game to death it would be interesting to see if that still holds up.
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was possible. "Mathematically impossible" IIRC was based on the numbers that the top players were doing, and chances are they didn't use all the world buffs and flasks that are commonplace now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was possible. "Mathematically impossible" IIRC was based on the numbers that the top players were doing, and chances are they didn't use all the world buffs and flasks that are commonplace now.
    Big true. The math wasn't wrong, but the variables the math was predicated on have changed.

Also it's more than just flasks and world buffs. Builds have gotten better, rotations and macros are better, addons are better, engineering is something people actually use and of course better internet/PCs

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ah...cheers for clearing that up
    No problem man.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    It'll be hard this time guy I swear!! This one was made for 16 debuff slots it will day days at least, I promise!!
    Said no one...

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I don't know if it really was mathematically impossible. Ion argued that in phase 2 your raid needs to do 230k damage per 60 seconds or 3833dps while some people are in the stomache and some people are probably dead. Every 30 secounds you have the small eyes with 2.3k hp, and every 60 seconds like 2 claws with 90k hp and 1 big eyes with 40k hp and every 10 seconds another player gets teleported into the stomach.

Let's say you have 25 dps, 6 are in the stomach, maybe 1-2 died in phase 1 and some targets like the claws can't be damaged by melee because of the high damage they do. So you're probably left with like 10 dps to do 3833dps on multiple targets to keep the room clear. That's 384 dps per player which is a lot for classic but we've seen guilds like APES that do 1000 dps single target and like 600 dps AOE. I think todays guilds with all world buffs and consumables would be able to kill unnerfed C'thun. Back then Patchwork was considered a dps check and you needed about 400dps per player with 20 dps and people are already doing more dps with worse gear. Back in classic fury warriors in what back then was considered best in slot did about 800 dps single target and guilds already surpassed these numbers with worse gear but so much more knowledge and optimization.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Said no one...
    There were plenty of people saying exactly this. Read up some threads.