Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    they take the gold and buy WoW tokens with them. so yeah it is kinda free. In a way.
    Sarcasm.

No sane person puts that much effort into organizating boosts with this professionalism just to not pay real money to play WoW, the entire boosting thing is pretty much just a smokescreen to hide the RMT behind it.

Wouldn't even surprise me to learn that the people behind it aren't even playing WoW.

Looks like RiP <Echo> 2020-2020

It really comes as no surprise. This pretty much sums up all carries, boosts, gold sellers and what not. They say it's gold only yadda yadda to hook people to their services then the shady stuff takes place because at that point they got the victim in their pocket. They'll give the "option" to skip all the fuss with gold in the game, that's how it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Liking and following costs nothing, no do those alone make a streamer money.
    Subscriptions do, and yes that is a paywall. But it's not really a legit one. You can easily join streamers without being subbed, nor are you paying for the run. Your paying to be subbed. With the runs being a benefit. It's not RMT. If a streamer said "buy me 25 gift subs and I will run you through this" then yes. But streamers arnt doing that, they are doing runs. And inviting viewers. And sometimes onto subs, so they can make sure assholes don't get in.
    Path of exile bans streamers for giving any kind of in game advantage to their vieuwers cause they know it is to close to rmt.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Stop deluding yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ma

No matter what system there is, it will always be abused to gain and keep power. The difference between capitalism and communism is that the average person has pretty much ZERO chance to become mega-rich in a communist system, but capitalism gives a chance.

Lmao a .01% chance. Might as well be zero. It's a rich person's game, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    It really comes as no surprise. This pretty much sums up all carries, boosts, gold sellers and what not. They say it's gold only yadda yadda to hook people to their services then the shady stuff takes place because at that point they got the victim in their pocket. They'll give the "option" to skip all the fuss with gold in the game, that's how it starts.
    This just isn't true. I've done the higher up work in one of these communities before, and I think as they grow bigger they attract the attention of people that want to find ways to make money out of game. I handled a bunch of the work related to bank balances and payouts and all the other higher ups I worked with were constantly working on ways to weed out any people that may be cheating the system or attempting make RMTs happen. At the same time some communities are just bad and the higher ups will commit RMT themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicIsTerrible View Post
    Lmao a .01% chance. Might as well be zero. It's a rich person's game, dude.
    A 2017 survey from Fidelity Investments found that 88 percent of millionaires are self-made. Only 12 percent inherited significant money (at least 10 percent of their wealth), and most did not grow up in exclusive country club neighborhoods

5s google search

10+ Year Old Account
    how about FIX THE FUCKIN AH instead of banning people an they wouldn't have to buy gold asshats

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    sure,bad people will take advantage of any system,but no system is as bad as capitalism when gone HORRIBLY wrong,when one person can LEGALY own more wealth than 90% of the population,you know that system fucked up
    Not if that person own more wealth because he is able to produce goods or services that people want. Do you people even understand how a society functions?

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Path of exile bans streamers for giving any kind of in game advantage to their vieuwers cause they know it is to close to rmt.
    I mean you say that but they also literally have pay to win aspects.

also maybe dont user the game that requires a few hundred thousand dollars to unlock everything if you want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I mean you say that but they also literally have pay to win aspects.

also maybe dont user the game that requires a few hundred thousand dollars to unlock everything if you want to.
    in POE? Where? Stash Tabs?

Methinks you've never played POE before. Unless you're counting the Perandus bots that spam RMT in General Chat all day, POE has no Pay to Win aspect, and the only thing that's available on their store is (A) Appearance Items and (B) Stash Tabs. The only impact on the game that Tabs have is allowing better organization over the stock 6 tabs you start the game with. you can sell items through the Auction channel, you don't need to use a Premium Tab to LIST items on their website.

On top of that Stash Sales come up pretty regularly and the simple 20 dollar "First Blood" pack is worth every cent for the MTX currency you get, allowing you to buy a few of those tabs.

Have I been playing a different POE Than you have?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I've never bought gold, but I was tempted to and even sought reputable sites to do it, all because Blizzard won't allow my country to buy Tokens with real money. They implemented a tool to thwart thirdy-party RMT and disabled it for us.

So yeah, I'm not sympathetic to Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    how about FIX THE FUCKIN AH instead of banning people an they wouldn't have to buy gold asshats
    What's wrong with the AH?

What's your solution for fixing said problem?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Oh yeah, might not be able to indict him on any war crimes, but atleast we get him for gold selling!

7+ Year Old Account
    ok blizzard you wouldnt have this issue of having to ban people if you'd just stick a token in the classic shop in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Id love to know how much gold they did get to sell before they got banned, billion gold+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post
    Not if that person own more wealth because he is able to produce goods or services that people want. Do you people even understand how a society functions?
    yeah,that is fine but sadly teh reality is that minimum wages for many people isnt a livable wage,wile the super rich get huge tax breaks and bailouts

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with addons, the Gallywix advertising in trade chat was annoying. Hopefully the last we see of those for awhile.

Also, can the mods please clamp down on the political talk going on in this thread? This isn't an off-topic forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Apperenly ≈ 5.6 bilion gold left the game with these bans:

https://twitter.com/eyriewow/status/...702899717?s=20

Wonder if token price will be affected, and by how much.
    NA region already showed a huge spike earlier that can't be explained by anything other than the targeted ban wave. Start point was at ≈119.5k gold and over the next couple hours shot up to ≈131k gold before falling a bit to ≈129k.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Id love to know how much gold they did get to sell before they got banned, billion gold+ ?
    Asmongold just talked with these guys on stream.
    One of them stated that 5.6 bilion gold just got 'deleted' from EU/NA together economies due their account bans.
    Not sure how much they sold since i was not wathcing it all the time.

Blizzard add mounts that cost 5 million and then they wondering why people buy gold on real money >.<

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    NA region already showed a huge spike earlier that can't be explained by anything other than the targeted ban wave. Start point was at ≈119.5k gold and over the next couple hours shot up to ≈131k gold before falling a bit to ≈129k.
    Same with EU, from ≈175k to ≈200.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh, Asmon doing interview with banned people, seems they got an IP hardware ban. And ofc blame shifting is going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Scripe is coming clean.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.