Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Just play the key you (and your class) can handle. If you think you can handle more, make your group and prove it, push your key. R.io will log it and people will see. You really don't wanna put people who invest serious time, research and preparation in a position to push high keys with dudes who're there just to chill. Nobody benefits from that.

The biggest problem are people who think that they can somehow handle a +25, but the whole system is working against them, so the best they did so far are +13. But they are skilled for +25, true story, if only someone invited them.

Push your own keys and try to do each week at least 1 level higher for each dungeon. Generally people will accept you for +23 if you already did that dungeon +22. They won't accept you in +23 if the highest key for any dungeon you've done is +12, and to top it off you have bad class. Some strats also require certain classes. That's a good thing. That's how it's supposed to be. Get a group of friends and push all dungeons fast, or take a slower route of pugging and progressing each dungeon by a point/2 here and there.

The system is good, just follow the rules and don't assume you're better then you actually are.
    I 2 chested nearly every 15 in the game but still always get declined for pug 15s unless i queue with my friend who has 4500 rio. I dont give a shit about pushing above 15 but i cant even get into 15s wich i stomp because of rio affecting peoples judgement.
    Last edited by keldarepewpew; 2020-08-04 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    I 2 chested every 15 in the game but still always get declined for pug 15s unless i queue with my friend who has 4500 rio. I dont give a shit about pushing above 15 but i cant even get into 15s wich i stomp because of rio affecting peoples judgement.
    {x} Doubt

Please link your IO.

Here's what would happen to m15 pug reqs without raider.io:

link keystone master season four
    be a dh or a rogue, or a hunter
    ilvl 480 or higher only

At least with RIO you can start from scratch, slowly work your way up, and reach the score pug leaders require, if you're actually capable of playing at that level. Without io score, it would either be completely impossible as early as 3rd week of the patch, or almost impossible, because you would only be left with people who don't have any reqs at all for their groups, and that's incredibly rare.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Gearscore is what got me to give up raiding in WotLK. Absolutely in agreement, but how do we stop the community poisoning itself with this stuff? They'll just make another addon. Many people would rather "be efficient" than play a video game. It's why we see, with infinitely more ability to be efficient with literal foresight, what's happening in Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Here's what would happen to m15 pug reqs without raider.io:

link keystone master season four
    be a dh or a rogue, or a hunter
    ilvl 480 or higher only

At least with RIO you can start from scratch, slowly work your way up, and reach the score pug leaders require, if you're actually capable of playing at that level. Without io score, it would either be completely impossible as early as 3rd week of the patch, or almost impossible, because you would only be left with people who don't have any reqs at all for their groups, and that's incredibly rare.
    People would just use the Armory to track completed dungeons instead of R.IO.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    {x} Doubt

Please link your IO.
    https://raider.io/characters/eu/silvermoon/Purake

So you didn't do AD and Shrine at all, and didn't 2chest the FH and JY.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Seeing as the only thing R.IO actually does is provide a numerical value for data which is already publicly available on the Armory, one could argue that the UI improvements have already been made. Removing R.IO at this point would change what is a one-step process currently (look up player on R.IO or use the R.IO addon) into a two-step process (look up player on Armory then see how many keys they've completed at various levels). I doubt it's is going anywhere, however, as the APIs it uses were added to the Armory for the express purpose of websites like R.IO to exist.
    I was thinking more in game UI improvements rather than Armory. Still, whether they leave it alone or start changing in-game to have R.io lite features it's not going to drastically alter the M+ screening process in PuGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    So you didn't do AD and Shrine at all, and didn't 2chest the FH and JY.
    and this implies im unable to do a 15?

and this implies im unable to do a 15 ?
    You claimed you 2chested every +15 in the game. You didn't. If you did, you'd be around 2k r.io.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Ingame statistics for MYTHIC DUNGEON X with HIGHEST KEY and HIGHEST AMOUNT OF KEYS would been the best replacement for raider.io.

I dont care about pusher from easies week, nor do I want seasonal players to waste 60 minutes of my evening for just wanting to farm echoes.

Raider.io is not perfect either way, it is tailored for pushing and not for farming, so its just a mediocre tool for me, I would like a direct ingame statistic as tooltip info. I join/invite rather a dungeon farmer with 200 keys done in 15+ as a pusher with 10 keys done in the easiest week of the year. Later does not know at all most affixes, not used to PUG routes and is clearly just as bad a new player - most likely toxic as well since R.IO means more than actual ingame experience.
    -

You have a loose definition of "every" if you haven't even completed two dungeons in the 8 months since 8.3 launched. You've also completed a total of 5 dungeons in the last month. It looks like you do raid which leads me to believe you're mostly doing M+ for the weekly chest anyway. If people are declining you for 15s, it's either because you're applying to one of the two dungeons you have yet to complete on 15 or you're trying to join a group with people who have unrealistic expectations. Seeing as you don't seem to even do very many dungeons in the first place, I fail to see why this bothers you. There's a million reasons people might decline you from the group and if anything it has more to do with you being a Warlock than anything else.

Gearscore? Wrath? Where was I during all this? In Wrath, they used to just ask me to link the achievement. My favorite was Onyxia and I would link the classic Onyxia, got the invite every time.

You have a loose definition of "every" if you haven't even completed two dungeons in the 8 months since 8.3 launched. You've also completed a total of 5 dungeons in the last month. It looks like you do raid which leads me to believe you're mostly doing M+ for the weekly chest anyway. If people are declining you for 15s, it's either because you're applying to one of the two dungeons you have yet to complete on 15 or you're trying to join a group with people who have unrealistic expectations. Seeing as you don't seem to even do very many dungeons in the first place, I fail to see why this bothers you. There's a million reasons people might decline you from the group and if anything it has more to do with you being a Warlock than anything else.
    It anoys me cause the people sitting there have retarded exceptations i only raid/dungeon casually and want to get my 15 which im more then qualified for, done for the week so i can do arenas. But i get declined by people who hope the MDI team is gonna sign up for their 15.

It anoys me cause the people sitting there have retarded exceptations i only raid/dungeon casually and want to get my 15 which im more then qualified for, done for the week so i can do arenas. But i get declined by people who hope the MDI team is gonna sign up for their 15.
    Do your weekly +15 with your guild if you don't want to deal with PuG standards.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    My community has never been stronger and its due to one thing: raider.io. Removing raider.io would destroy my community and the game.
    Lol! That's some pure, grade-A, bullshit right there, if I've ever heard it.

If your "community" relies so heavily on a 3rd-party addon to a game, to even be a "community".. Then you don't have a "community" at all. The GAME, is just fine, MILLIONS of us have never needed "w/e addon" and will never.

An "addon" doesn't = the fuckin game.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Do your weekly +15 with your guild if you don't want to deal with PuG standards.
    I do that but i can still think its retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Lol! That's some pure, grade-A, bullshit right there, if I've ever heard it.

If your "community" relies so heavily on a 3rd-party addon to a game, to even be a "community".. Then you don't have a "community" at all. The GAME, is just fine, MILLIONS of us have never needed "w/e addon" and will never.

An "addon" doesn't = the fuckin game.
    I've found a number of twitch streamers that I would have never watched if not for R.IO. I imagine many other players are the same way. If you don't think that's fostering a community, I don't know what to tell you. Both Dratnos and Tettles, both MDI hosts, also frequently submit articles and just recently casted 10+ hours a day for top M+ teams during the last push week. So yeah, it's not just the add-on at this point. If anything, it's more bullshit to think that simply because a website isn't "officially" sanctioned by Blizzard that it's somehow fostering bad player behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

I do that but i can still think its retarded.
    It just sounds like you're butthurt about getting declined and are blaming an add-on for behavior that would exist even if the add-on didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Interesting. I mean, that's not really privacy, but it's something. Thanks!

Does this mean my score would be 0 for other players or would it show "N/A" or something like that?
    The r.io addon shows up as additional information on the tooltip or in dungeon browser. If you do the privacy settings these additional info will simple not be shown, your char will look like it never did any m+. Players going to your character page at r.io will see a missing page and can conclude that you have the settings.

Your best runs will still show up on your official armory character page, can't deactivate there.

I suggest you try the addon for yourself to look which information it provides about you and other players. Then make an informed decision to turn your info off or not.

I've found a number of twitch streamers that I would have never watched if not for R.IO. I imagine many other players are the same way. If you don't think that's fostering a community, I don't know what to tell you. Both Dratnos and Tettles, both MDI hosts, also frequently submit articles and just recently casted 10+ hours a day for top M+ teams during the last push week. So yeah, it's not just the add-on at this point. If anything, it's more bullshit to think that simply because a website isn't "officially" sanctioned by Blizzard that it's somehow fostering bad player behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

It just sounds like you're butthurt about getting declined and are blaming an add-on for behavior that would exist even if the add-on didn't exist.
    Im butthurt that people always think so narrowminded that they believe that they need mdi players to finish a 15 or that they need to stack whatever classes they saw in the mdi. Things like groupfinder and rio facilitate this behaviour. Im not saying its the cause, bit it does make it easier to do the barrier for looking at a number or checking achievements is not the same.