Thread: C'thun down

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    There were plenty of people saying exactly this. Read up some threads.
    Like this one?: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...rst-AQ40-clear

Not really seeing that argument being made...

Hello I am a dummy that thinks that because something is easier 16 years later with the benefit of knowledge and hindsight that it was never hard

Why yes, I never did the things I say were always easy back when they were relevant, how did you know??

So was it the pre-nerf "impossible" version or the post-nerf version?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    There were plenty of people saying exactly this. Read up some threads.
    Care to link some? I think most delusional people that thought Classic would be legitimately challenging have been proven wrong too many times to keep making ludicrous and ridiculous claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Hello I am a dummy that thinks that because something is easier 16 years later with the benefit of knowledge and hindsight that it was never hard

Why yes, I never did the things I say were always easy back when they were relevant, how did you know??
    Hi, I am dummy, I did something that was "hard" back when I was younger, I tied my own shoes. Now that I am not a fucking moron and have 2 brain cells, I can realize that tying my shoes was never hard, I was just that dumb.

Not surprised, curious to see how low of a timer is needed to clear it in NA/EU/whenever I hear the quickest clear from Asia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Like this one?: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...rst-AQ40-clear

Not really seeing that argument being made...
    In almost every thread where people from classic and retail argue someone is going to write completely stupid stuff.
    I don't really care enough to look some up.
    Just wanted to tell you that there are indeed people that say stuff like this - if you care for it, feel free to look it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Care to link some? I think most delusional people that thought Classic would be legitimately challenging have been proven wrong too many times to keep making ludicrous and ridiculous claims.
    No, I don't even know how I can post from other threads - I'm happy that I can quote!
    Whenever classic and retail people argue, there is someone that will always say stuff like this, even though they got proven wrong multiple times. That's the said about it, honestly.

gz, wow classic is like a diablo season at this point, easy but still fun

In almost every thread where people from classic and retail argue someone is going to write completely stupid stuff.
    I don't really care enough to look some up.
    Just wanted to tell you that there are indeed people that say stuff like this - if you care for it, feel free to look it up.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I don't even know how I can post from other threads - I'm happy that I can quote!
    Whenever classic and retail people argue, there is someone that will always say stuff like this, even though they got proven wrong multiple times. That's the said about it, honestly.
    Youre just as annoying as the imaginary people youre making up.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    gz, wow classic is like a diablo season at this point, easy but still fun
    Yea, I agree. Doesn't help that it is the 1.12 version but still that probably wouldn't make much difference to the top guilds. C'thun doesn't cast eye beam right away, I don't remember that being a thing, I am seeing 10-12 seconds into the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Hi, I am dummy, I did something that was "hard" back when I was younger, I tied my own shoes. Now that I am not a fucking moron and have 2 brain cells, I can realize that tying my shoes was never hard, I was just that dumb.

Not surprised, curious to see how low of a timer is needed to clear it in NA/EU/whenever I hear the quickest clear from Asia.
    I'd congratulate you on completely missing the point in a painfully embarrassing way, but as a MMOC regular that's your bread and butter.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So why didn't they get MC and BWL first? Did Western guilds hold off intentionally to get more ppl the Scarab Lord Title and mount? I mean....apparently they also had the resources pretty much gathered when AQ came out....5 days shipping the war effort...still two days to brute force the sceptre quest.

Did China just not care about helping more players to the title? Or am I missing something how if you don't care he "should" have been down on the weekend?
    No. If you read wowhead, the raid bugged and as soon as the gong was rung, the raid unlocked for them. They did not even have to wait for the 10 hour war

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    it is literally on the same page of this forum, multiple times.

COuld you just fucking stop saying no one said this and that? It was all said multiple time!
    I mean cmon, just read the threads. It's easy to find.
    It's also easy to link to those posts and, yet, no one has done so.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Youre just as annoying as the imaginary people youre making up.
    Said by the player that is completely fine with coalitions between horde and alliance on pvp server just to fk up their own faction. Alright man, you are the best!
    Just try to read up on things yourself. Then maybe, just maybe, you would make yourself less of a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    It'll be hard this time guy I swear!! This one was made for 16 debuff slots it will day days at least, I promise!!
    You thought it would be hard this time? That's kinda dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Impossible by the metrics of that time but now where everyone is try harding the game to death it would be interesting to see if that still holds up.
    C’thun before the fix was impossible. Mostly because tentacles would spawn inside walls, inside C’thun etc and not being targetable. The eye lasers also ignored even if you spread out. It could link people all over the room. You cloud’ve been perfectly spread out and boom, a laser just wiped the whole raid for no reason.

I did tries on C’thun before the fix and it was 100% impossible. It had nothing to do with numbers other than tentacles having an insane amount of health.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    So was it the pre-nerf "impossible" version or the post-nerf version?
    C’thun was never nerfed. He was fixed.

This is the fixed version.
    Last edited by babyback; 2020-08-04 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post

It was only hard because you were all new to the game and had no idea how MMOs worked.

If this stuff was never release before and was suddenly released today, brand new? It'd still get shit all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    it was pretty obvious because china's reset is like 12h before NA's.
    Nahh that excuse doesn't work when NA kill stuff before EU get chance on live so don't try that one!

Algebra was hard 15 years ago too, go figure.

Don't need to get too excited. Clearing any raid in classic fast does not mean that the game is easy, it just means that those people have lived in the game for the last several months and haven't seen pussy in a long time. Most of them probably played all the private servers with all the resets and reboots for the last 15 years to the point of obsession . Those are the people who signed the petition for Classic WoW. Multiple times of course. None of them heard about Classic WoW last week or last month and decided to try it just to find it really easy.

Add to that the new and improved game, the immeasurably superior computers and internet, the improved add-ons, the new retarded tactics like three billion world buffs and yeah, the game is easy. If you're willing to put in that effort. Will it be the same for the average Joe? No, it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by B@ndit View Post
    would be interesting to know how well they did on huhuran and if they were wearing NR gear.
    Gear is OP now compare what was it on real classic back then