Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Shame that Shadow went from being a unique and interesting spec to just another type of the same shit in the game, even with Legacy of the Void preserving the old Void Form, if the talent doesn't perform the best in that row then it won't be picked for anything serious. Oh well, was fun while it lasted, will never forget Legion SP.
    What spec is the new redesigned Shadow like? It seems as different from all exsiting dps as Legion shadow was. In fact it remind me of Mistweaver healing rotation now if anything

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So they're removing test templates and Flaskataurs?

RIP max lvl endgame testing. That should NEVER be removed.
    Only if you just want a product demo. For actual testing, it's a necessity.

Yay, cant wait to level all class again

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Only if you just want a product demo. For actual testing, it's a necessity.
    Yes and no... when mid game testing is important its secondary to top end testing and can only be started during the balance tests.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Finally, this is when true Beta begins. No matter if I get in, I really hope wave will be huge.

So they're removing test templates and Flaskataurs?

RIP max lvl endgame testing. That should NEVER be removed.
    They must do it, otherwise leveling zones wouldn't be properly tested after Alpha and they need big Beta crowd to catch more bugs. We probably will have 60 lvl realm only for PVP content anyway.

So beta wipe probably means a big wave tomorrow, right?

Or at least more likely there's a big wave.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post

The consensus I have seen so far seems to indicate a big wave and the real start of beta tomorrow. Everyone needs to fully level and all systems need to be done for real now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    They must do it, otherwise leveling zones wouldn't be properly tested after Alpha and they need big Beta crowd to catch more bugs. We probably will have 60 lvl realm only for PVP content anyway.
    Max lvl realm locked for only PvP content was what they did for BFA and look how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBeardedMan View Post
    The consensus I have seen so far seems to indicate a big wave and the real start of beta tomorrow. Everyone needs to fully level and all systems need to be done for real now.
    Makes sense.

Then good luck tomorrow, everyone.

redpill me on the priest changes (not well-versed on them)

will they still be keeping their old god flavor in theme?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

VF is a cooldown now. Many of the talents that affect Insanity are changed. LotV now returns VF to its Legion/BfA version.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post

Legion/BfA Beta started with character wipe and big wave. SL Beta so far felt like late stage of Alpha that is focused on max level content.

Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBeardedMan View Post
    VF is a cooldown now. Many of the talents that affect Insanity are changed. LotV now returns VF to its Legion/BfA version.
    Again, 0 knowledge of Priests, including SPriests but that sounds pretty much entirely positive then on the flavor and the gameplay front?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Max lvl realm locked for only PvP content was what they did for BFA and look how that turned out.
    We had that realm for Legion Beta as well. Should Blizzard resign from Alpha/Beta too, since they tried it in BfA and it didn't worked?

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, 0 knowledge of Priests, including SPriests but that sounds pretty much entirely positive then on the flavor and the gameplay front?
    Yes, mainly gameplay. Biggest complain was how shitty decaying VF was early expansion and how strong and problematic it was later. Flavour is pretty much the same, still insanity, still void powers.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

BfA's biggest problem wasn't having a max realm for pvp only

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes, mainly gameplay. Biggest complain was how shitty decaying VF was early expansion and how strong and problematic it was later. Flavour is pretty much the same, still insanity, still void powers.
    Sounds good then. Thanks.

Pretty much. Now Voidform is pretty much like arcane power. You now mindblast while mind flaying instead of alternating them. And effectively your big spell is devouring plague as a big, short disease you cast when you've built enough insanity from the other spells

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Yes and no... when mid game testing is important its secondary to top end testing and can only be started during the balance tests.
    It's not just the mid-game testing. The templates might not be accurate to actual characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Some things to note about SP

Void Form gives them a short cooldown burst. This is often very desirable.
    For me having to clip mind flay always felt unsatisfying even if done properly. With Dark Thoughts it will be much more fun to use mind flay and not constantly have to clip it
    Funny enough, none of the legendaries are adversely effected by the talent changes. Not sure about Conduits; Dissonant Echoes may well need to be redesigned
    Easy enough change for dissonant echoes, just give mind blast a chance to reduce void form's cooldown. Or make it work like the new passive dark thoughts, where your damaging abilities reduce the cooldown on void form by a certain amount for each active dot you have on the target.

It's actually nice to see them making the changes they made to spriest, because it means that other classes will probably get some QoL changes going forward as well.
    Last edited by gunner_recall; 2020-08-04 at 08:00 PM.