Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Why do you think only a certain part of the population has more problems with the police?
    I don't, all the thinking has been done before me. But sure, I can copy paste from people more knowledgeable than me - historical realities with heavy emphasis on slavery, Civil War having ended, but not resolved anything leading to de facto lower caste until mid sixties of 20th century, but still continuing in some places just not openly, systematic racism, systematic oppression of poor people/voters, which go together with reasons why blacks are on the average poorer and have their voice heard less, as it was hard for ex-slaves to move ahead if they still were in lower caste. Oh, let's also add the ghetto "culture", which certainly has not helped at all. Etc., etc., blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Please don't try to speak for all of Europe.

It's not like European cops don't have racism problems themselves.
    Comparative difference, as someone here told me...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Yeah..i don't pay the crazies any more attention...they are no better than many Trump supporters...
    While I usually do not agree with you, I absolutely agree with this - crazies on the opposite end of spectrum are still crazies. What was the saying, take all things in moderation?

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    We wish our cops would.

That's the fucking point.
    My point is that defunding is not gonna help shit with that. Nor the fact that learning from "commie Europe" is frowned upon by more than just the right wing of USA population. Propaganda has done it's job well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Which ones?
    Things got real stinky back in early June;
    Progressives steamrolled across the Senate map

Managed to eke out a few wins later that month; Progressives snatch much-needed wins in primary gauntlet
    Primarily, this was mostly NY seats.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2020-08-04 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    He's not a patient he's a criminal committing a felony.
    Why wouldn't he be innocent until proven guilty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why wouldn't he be innocent until proven guilty?
    That only applies to WASPs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Or treat the poor like shit.
    Yeah, we might have more good cops or overall better-trained cops, but we also have look-the-other-way cops.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah, we might have more good cops or overall better-trained cops, but we also have look-the-other-way cops.
    Rotherham is a great example of that. UK cops really do not like the lower classes.

Lol so Floyd was a meth head that died of an overdose??

XD

The leaked body cam footage doesn't change that a man is dead.

But it does shatter the media's narrative, it contextualizes the final 18 minutes of his life.

Most importantly it is a lesson on how your eyes can be deceived, made to see what they want you to see...believe anything the storyteller wants you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post

But it does shatter the media's narrative, it contextualizes the final 18 minutes of his life.

Most importantly it is a lesson on how your eyes can be deceived, made to see what they want you to see...believe anything the storyteller wants you to believe.
    Self awareness continues to be a rarity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post

What on Earth do you think it "shatters"?

Floyd was abused and mistreated within the first 30 seconds of the encounter, and that didn't stop until he was dead. There was nothing warranting his treatment anywhere in the video. Just a terrified man who was worried (with good fucking reason, it turns out) that he was about to be killed for nothing.

Interesting how this isn't on Youtube's trending page. Probably because it doesn't fit in with the narrative.

• Drugged guy throws a temper tantrum over being stopped and searched, resisting arrest and the police's attempts to search him.
    • police politely and patiently tell him to get out of the car several times before it becomes clear that he isn't going to do so, so they pull him out (non violently).
    • At no point do the police attack him.
    • Police politely and patiently tell him several times to get into the car (they even say they will roll the window down), Lloyd resists
    • Guy begins sperging out and police take measures to restrain him

Moral of the story: don't do drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Interesting how this isn't on Youtube's trending page. Probably because it doesn't fit in with the narrative.

• Drugged guy throws a temper tantrum over being stopped and searched, resisting arrest and the police's attempts to search him.
    • police politely and patiently tell him to get out of the car several times before it becomes clear that he isn't going to do so, so they pull him out (non violently).
    • Police politely and patiently tell him several times to get into the car (they even say they will roll the window down), Lloyd resists

This is what watching dubs will do to you.

10+ Year Old Account

Doesn't matter if he's on drugs or not. Completely irrelevant to anything.
    police politely and patiently tell him to get out of the car several times before it becomes clear that he isn't going to do so, so they pull him out (non violently).
    They aim a pistol at him within the first 30 seconds. That's not "polite", that's a clear implicit threat of lethal force for non-compliance.

You also cannot "pull him out" of his car non-violently. If you're pulling, it's violent.

At no point do the police attack him.
    The moment they aimed a weapon at him, that's a threat.
    The moment they lay hands on him, that's assault.

So you're wrong.
    Police politely and patiently tell him several times to get into the car (they even say they will roll the window down), Lloyd resists
    You mean "didn't immediately comply, while begging them for any other option, and saying he'll comply if there really isn't." No active resistance until they're literally murdering him.
    Guy begins sperging out and police take measures to restrain him
    They were literally killing him at the time. Stop defending murderous racist pigs.

10+ Year Old Account

Which drugs I need to consume to watch a video of a man's life slowly being snuffed out over the course of 8 minutes and still have this bad of a take?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Which drugs I need to consume to watch a video of a man's life slowly being snuffed out over the course of 8 minutes and still have this bad of a take?
    800mgs of Thoughtless Contrarianism and a twice daily tablet of Systemic Racism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I have no idea what kind of bizarre spectrum Val views the world through, but I do know it is incapable of having a reasonable take on anything ever.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    [/LIST]They aim a pistol at him within the first 30 seconds. That's not "polite", that's a clear implicit threat of lethal force for non-compliance.

You also cannot "pull him out" of his car non-violently. If you're pulling, it's violent.

The moment they aimed a weapon at him, that's a threat.
    The moment they lay hands on him, that's assault.
    Refusing to show both hands has a high chance of getting a gun drawn on you if you are the driver and they can't see both. People refusing to show hands as a driver and then suddenly pulling a gun and firing at a cop happens far too often here in the states. Putting him in cuffs is not assault. Kneeling on his head/neck for 8 mins is however murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Refusing to show both hands has a high chance of getting a gun drawn on you if you are the driver and they can't see both.
    There was no such refusal. He may have been a little slower than the officer wanted, that's it.

And drawing a gun because an innocent person wasn't compliant enough with your orders is the exact kind of police-state jackbooted fuckery that is the problem. It's abusive.

People refusing to show hands as a driver and then suddenly pulling a gun and firing at a cop happens far too often here in the states.
    This is completely irrelevant. It does not justify abusing innocent citizens, "just in case". That's just chickenshit cops who put their own state of mind ahead of those of the innocents they victimize.

Putting him in cuffs is not assault.
    If you don't have reasonable grounds to arrest him?

Yes. It is. As is pulling him out of the car, and manhandling him in any way.

Note that I'm making an "ought" argument here, not an "is" argument, because American law on these issues is fucking ridiculous. Cops don't act like this in most of the rest of the developed world. I've never had a cop lay hands on me or cuff me, and like I said, I've been detained personally under suspicion of a chain of B&E burglaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the best Rock promo:

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    He was a suspect who was under suspicion of being participant to a felony, since as a bouncer, he was a tipped employee and those are known to be the #1 method of getting fake currency into circulation.

And it's hilarious that you think we don't treat suspects or criminals in medicine, hun. We still don't get to lynch them for sass.
    How do you know he was a tipped employee or even still working as a bouncer? A lot of assumptions.