Thread: C'thun down

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    At the time they came out, each classic raid was very difficult. Naxx for example was fully cleared by less than 1% of the player base. Nowadays it's not so bad because everyone knows the strats, how to gear up properly for the raids, and the game is much better understood. Back then there was a lot of unknown stuff though.

On the flip side, 15 years from now blizzard probably wouldn't be re-releasing a BFA server lol. But for the sake of argument, let's say that they do. The game would be a lot easier for the many of the same reasons.
    It really wouldn't be. All the information you say we'd have in 15 years we have now. There are dozens of videos explaining exactly how to play your class exactly how to kill each boss. There are hundreds if not thousands of live streams of kills of every boss from every PoV. Even cutting edge RtWF progress is streamed now you can watch them build starts and break down second by second exactly what they do if you want to.

If they releases Crucible of Storms again in 10 years it would still not be cleared by the majority of people that tried it. Especially not in the gear it was designed for. Modern raids are far more mechanically challenging, modern classes are far more mechanically challenging. Modern wow is just a much harder game that wow used to be.

I mean, those guys already have practices in private for long time and of course it’s getting killed in day one. What’s next? Naxx 40 man cleared in day one? “Shocking”...
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-08-05 at 09:54 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Imagine not killing C'Thun the first day after 15 years of experience in multiple pservers, on a nerfed version of Vanilla and with a full T2 raid.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    give it a rest.
    Nope, expect a thread like this for every single tier in vanilla and BC and Wrath if they release Wrath
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    It really wouldn't be. All the information you say we'd have in 15 years we have now. There are dozens of videos explaining exactly how to play your class exactly how to kill each boss. There are hundreds if not thousands of live streams of kills of every boss from every PoV. Even cutting edge RtWF progress is streamed now you can watch them build starts and break down second by second exactly what they do if you want to.

If they releases Crucible of Storms again in 10 years it would still not be cleared by the majority of people that tried it. Especially not in the gear it was designed for. Modern raids are far more mechanically challenging, modern classes are far more mechanically challenging. Modern wow is just a much harder game that wow used to be.
    Nah, if people had ample private servers to do the raids on as much as they like before it was released, it wouldn't be as difficult. Simply figure out which dps classes are the flavor of the month, stack your raid with them. I did a bit of the hardcore raiding back in MoP, if Siege of Orgimmar or Throne of Thunder was released the exact same way, with the same gear and everything, I could clear it way faster than the first time I did it lol. Not sure how this is even a debatable matter.

It goes beyond just having videos out telling you what to do, but rather people already have first hand experience with the fights they are doing, in some cases years of experience.

Everything before Yogg Saron was a pushover, and Cataclysm was the first expansion where raiding was actually hard.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, they said the next raid will take long to kill. Since MC...

But just wait, Naxxramas will takes weeks to clear!

No no, Maggy will takes ages to kill!!

No wait, Vashj will give us hell!

Hang on, I did mean Illidan will beat us down for weeks!!

Sorry, we meant KJ mythic will take a week at least!

2052: Void Anduin will take take 2 months. Seriously!
    Trust meeeee I promise you I wouldn't liiiieeee
    I can see the future!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    "Very impressive!"
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Well, i don't think anyone expected anything different.
    Vanilla was easy in general, even in endgame content. World first guild that stacks 6 world buffs and prepares months in advance with full knowledge is not a metric of the content being hard or easy. Regular guilds will struggle to get through this raid, just as a lot of guilds struggled to get past BWL.

Really hard raids and dungeons weren't a thing in WoW until TBC. TBC saw the first difficult raid instances, especially Sunwell Plateau. That one could give those guilds some trouble, even with knowledge and preparedness. By that point WoW players doing high end content were rather good (opposed to Vanilla where almost everyone was a noob).

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Nah, if people had ample private servers to do the raids on as much as they like before it was released, it wouldn't be as difficult. Simply figure out which dps classes are the flavor of the month, stack your raid with them. I did a bit of the hardcore raiding back in MoP, if Siege of Orgimmar or Throne of Thunder was released the exact same way, with the same gear and everything, I could clear it way faster than the first time I did it lol. Not sure how this is even a debatable matter.

It goes beyond just having videos out telling you what to do, but rather people already have first hand experience with the fights they are doing, in some cases years of experience.

Of course the people who already did it could do it again but that isn't what's happening in classic. People who never touched vanilla are easily clearing raids in classic. I assure you I could take my scuffed mythic raid team and we would smash classic raids without an issue. Classic raids and classic classes are just mechanically much simpler than they are in retail WoW its not really debatable. Compare the rotation of any retail class to their classic counterpart. Compare the mechanic list of any raid boss is Classic to Mythic Azshara.

Classic is logistically difficult. You have to organize large groups, there is much more limited gear, and everything takes more time. 4 horseman wasn't hard because of mechanics it was hard because you "needed" (we'll see if you still do) 8 tanks. If you took a cutting edge guild from retail I assure you they could kill every bit of content in classic I very much doubt the same is true the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    No one cares. Just to be clear, I wasn’t one of those people, and yes , they were wrong. They were also the minority, and it’s far stupider to endlessly harp on it.
    It's kinda funny how much it stuck in the craw though, that people want to come back each patch to point out "You know those retards, that everyone thought were retards? Yeah? Well they were retarded, BOOM!" *mic drop*...

OT: BWL gets pugged on most servers. Apart from guild "alt runs"; I will be kinda interested to see how easily genuine PuGs handle the raid. I'm playing on Zand-dramallama-lor Tribe, so god knows when the gates will open. Some quality memes coming out of it from someone on the relative sidelines though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Imagine a pro scII player giving warcraft 2 shit on the base of the game difficuclty.

Haven't seen any of you "pros" clearing all this easy content 14 years ago

hurr durr muh vanilla was so hardcore. only the best of the best got to kill cthun

The best part about a release of any classic tier is when all the people who were hyping the next classic tier crawl back in to some hole, while the apologists crawl out claiming no one ever said it's gonna be hard.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, they said the next raid will take long to kill. Since MC...

But just wait, Naxxramas will takes weeks to clear!

No no, Maggy will takes ages to kill!!

No wait, Vashj will give us hell!

Hang on, I did mean Illidan will beat us down for weeks!!

Sorry, we meant KJ mythic will take a week at least!

2052: Void Anduin will take take 2 months. Seriously!
    Nzoth wasent hard either nothing in wow is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Nzoth wasent hard either nothing in wow is hard.
    Nah, Illidan wasn't hard either, maggy wasn't either(when I finally got 5 other capable clickers LOL)

It was more just examples. I bet Void Anduin will be manageable too.

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Hello I am a dummy that thinks that because something is easier 16 years later with the benefit of knowledge and hindsight that it was never hard

Why yes, I never did the things I say were always easy back when they were relevant, how did you know??
    Yes, this is quite amazing. Its like beating super Mario world two decades later with tons of guides, videos, etc and bragging about it.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Well yeah, it's classic. It's about as hard as LFR.
    Actually, current LFR is probably harder.

Quote Originally Posted by B@ndit View Post
    would be interesting to know how well they did on huhuran and if they were wearing NR gear.
    it looked like they used NR but to be honest the last 30% didn't do any damage to them at all.But its chinese so i can't tell what is being said or what gear they have on.
    Last edited by Bigcountry11782; 2020-08-05 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    To the Classic fans saying vanilla was harder and better. It was not harder, you were just bad. It was more grindy, I'll give you that. As for being better, the game is not progressive and people have a better understanding of WoW now.

There will be people saying, "because it's not true to vanilla". Really? Ask yourself deep down, really? No, the game is a cake walk and the hardest thing in vanilla was getting to level cap and now people are smarter with the genre.
    It was harder mechanically, we know this objectively. If you claim otherwise, you're just clueless because you have zero clue of the details at hand.

Sucks to be ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    Classic was a waste of time, effort and resources. Blizz should let go of all classic developers and pay their staff more.
    Sounds like someone is mad Classic has more actual raiders than retail.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2020-08-05 at 01:47 PM.