Thread: C'thun down

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    I'd congratulate you on completely missing the point in a painfully embarrassing way, but as a MMOC regular that's your bread and butter.
    I didn't miss shit, you just believe in lies and refuse to consider the fact vanilla was easy. Don't bother to reply, you aren't worth anything more than an ignore.

Was amusing watching the raid get steamrolled so quickly, goes to show how far players have grown in expected play over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lectos View Post
    It's funny how easy raid bosses are defeated if they are put into the game as mathematically possible. They should have put the real vanilla C'thun in that was impossible for a few weeks.
    Wow... I can't believe you actually wrote that.... back then people did not know anything about C'thun, that is why it took them so long to down it. Now everyone's mommy, daddy, nanny knows what is what about C'thun encounter, even a blind person would be able to contribute greatly in a classic C'thun fight now....
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Nah, Illidan wasn't hard either, maggy wasn't either(when I finally got 5 other capable clickers LOL)

It was more just examples. I bet Void Anduin will be manageable too.
    There's a huge difference between modern raid bosses and the older shit. Lumping mythic KJ in with the vanilla bosses is kind of dumb.

Why are people surprised always that people already downed bosses from 15 years ago. Boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Wow... I can't believe you actually wrote that.... back then people did not know anything about C'thun, that is why it took them so long to down it. Now everyone's mommy, daddy, nanny knows what is what about C'thun encounter, even a blind person would be able to contribute greatly in a classic C'thun fight now....
    It was impossible to kill before it was fixed.after the fix it was killed in 3 days.The C'thun fight was broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    It was harder mechanically, we know this objectively. If you claim otherwise, you're just clueless because you have zero clue of the details at hand.

Sucks to be ignorant.
    Wait, what? You're saying Classic was harder mechanically? Not from a logistics point, or from a raw numbers point, but from a mechanics point?

... That's a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Plot Twist

Is the Nerfed Cthun not the Pre Nerf one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Yes, this is quite amazing. Its like beating super Mario world two decades later with tons of guides, videos, etc and bragging about it.
    I mean I am one of those peole thay cleared all the raids in vanilla (we got to kel but never killed) and it was never difficult. We went slowly but nit because difficulty but rathee time commitments. Infact if anything our complaint was it was always to easy. Ww usually killed bosses with like 20 people out of a normal 40man raidm

- - - Updated - - -

It was harder mechanically, we know this objectively. If you claim otherwise, you're just clueless because you have zero clue of the details at hand.

Sucks to be ignorant.

Sounds like someone is mad Classic has more actual raiders than retail.
    Their was nothing, zero, ziltch hard mechanically about any boss in vanilla. Including c'thun. It was not tuned correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by B@ndit View Post
    would be interesting to know how well they did on huhuran and if they were wearing NR gear.
    Probably not since fr gear wasnt needed in MC.

HAHAHAH! All those apologists claiming no one ever claimed Classic would be difficult, and now there is one claiming Classic is more mechanically difficult than Retail!

This is priceless comedy!

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Wait, what? You're saying Classic was harder mechanically? Not from a logistics point, or from a raw numbers point, but from a mechanics point?

... That's a new one.
    Vanilla was harder than Classic. Do you even know the difference between the two? They aren't the same, period.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2020-08-05 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Just ran The Eternal Palace on mythic, was piss easy. Dont see what was so hard for method that they couldn't kill it on first try, we did it. I guess they're just bad

It becomes piss easy when you're doing 3 times the damage anyone did back then. Just like doing any previous raids on retail is easy when you have so much gear.

They're were doing over 1000 damage per second. That just ignores a lot of any difficulty, when healers can spam heal and not run out of mana during an encounter, its hard for any mistake to happen.

When you spend so much time making something easier, it just becomes piss easy.
    These are huge false equivalencies. The extra dps on classic is using things that were available in vanilla, it's just that nobody went that extra mile.

And getting more gear on retail helps a LOT more because the item level is so inflated.

To use an example, Monstrosity's Shipbreaker from mythic EP is a 432.5 dps weapon. https://www.wowhead.com/item=168478/...onus=4800:1517

Heroic Devastation's Hour, (Not mythic, heroic.) is a 545.8 dps weapon. https://www.wowhead.com/item=172187/...onus=4823:1502

That is almost a 25% dps difference. Not to mention corruptions, which in top parses usually account for 50% or more of the dps. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&source=325

So let's look at weapons in classic. How about Ashkandi? 81.86 dps weapon. https://classic.wowhead.com/item=193...he-brotherhood

Let's compare that to Might of Menethil. The best weapon in the game off KT. 95.26 dps. https://classic.wowhead.com/item=227...ht-of-menethil

That's about a 17% dps increase.

The gear is mostly the same as what people had back then, but even if you gave them full Naxx loot for BWL, that still would not be as big of an increase as having even heroic Ny'alotha gear with no corruptions.

And yes, there were talent changes, but all of the significant ones except for rogue happened with the BWL patch. https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patches/1.x

So doing mythic EP in current Ny'alotha gear is more equivalent to doing AQ 40 at level 70, in Black Temple gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla was harder. Do you even know the difference between the two?
    I don't have an appropriate reaction to this, so I'm just going to "lol" and leave this headache to someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Vanilla was harder. Do you even know the difference between the two?
    Please do enlighten us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I don't have an appropriate reaction to this, so I'm just going to "lol" and leave this headache to someone else.
    Don't worry, I'll handle it. I feed off this shit.

10+ Year Old Account

Sucks to be ignorant.
    How the hell is Classic harder mechanically??? Last time I raided in retail you had to keep a track of numerous buffs/debuffs, procs, decide when to use numerous trinkets or cds, watch out for a lot more boss mechanics, manage a harder rotation, all whilst fighting tight enrage timers. You don't have to do any of that in Classic, it's unreal easy in every way.

Not sure how anyone can claim otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    HAHAHAH! All those apologists claiming no one ever claimed Classic would be difficult, and now there is one claiming Classic is more mechanically difficult than Retail!

This is priceless comedy!
    Did you even read the quote? He's trying to dispel that Vanilla was harder than Classic, which it was, objectively.

I didn't say shit about Retail except that it has fewer raiders than Classic. Which says a lot by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    There's a huge difference between modern raid bosses and the older shit. Lumping mythic KJ in with the vanilla bosses is kind of dumb.
    It was just a joke. Geez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you even read the quote? He's trying to dispel that Vanilla was harder than Classic, which it was, objectively.

I didn't say shit about Retail except that it has fewer raiders than Classic. Which says a lot by the way.
    Ahh, ignore my post. Completely misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    How the hell is Classic harder mechanically??? Last time I raided in retail you had to keep a track of numerous buffs/debuffs, procs, decide when to use numerous trinkets or cds, watch out for a lot more boss mechanics, manage a harder rotation, all whilst fighting tight enrage timers. You don't have to do any of that in Classic, it's unreal easy in every way.

Not sure how anyone can claim otherwise.
    I think he means that vanilla was harder than classic, not that classic is harder than retail. I hope that's what he means anyway. On the off chance that that's not the case, I'm gonna link a video of a real boss, for any classic players that just don't understand that retail and vanilla/classic are worlds apart in terms of difficulty.

And mythic Gul'dan isn't even considered to be one of the hardest of all time. Just a solid boss from a fairly recent expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    I think he means that vanilla was harder than classic, not that classic is harder than retail. I hope that's what he means anyway. On the off chance that that's not the case, I'm gonna link a video of a real boss, for any classic players that just don't understand that retail and vanilla/classic are worlds apart in terms of difficulty.

And mythic Gul'dan isn't even considered to be one of the hardest of all time. Just a solid boss from a fairly recent expansion.
    Well, now knowing what the argument is actually about haha. Vanilla was harder then Classic, as he said, it is a fact. Classic has a lot of changes to many things that have dumbed it down, but saying that on its own implies that Vanilla is still hard. Whilst harder than Classic, I think it's a near guaranteed fact that it would go the same way if released. Sure, maybe not as many people would be killing the bosses, but the top/better guilds would still steamroll it.

I don't think anyone can compare some of the most recent retail bosses to any iteration of fights on Classic or Vanilla, it's just not feasible to do so. They are definitely miles apart in terms of complexity and mechanical difficulty.