Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well finally. History repeats itself though and I hope people are paying attention to the fact that it took them four years to turn void form into a cooldown/talent, which was literally the feedback I personally and many others gave them, again, four years ago. We've seen this before with chakras and eclipse bars.

Keep this in mind whenever you get excited about changes like the new eclipse mechanic. It might just haunt you for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Khestral View Post
    Dude who cares what they've said? Sure, there have been hints that they are working on it but it could've been similiar to what they did in BfA 8.1, instead we've got a pretty huge rework because it fundamentally changes the gameplay and class.
    Maybe the guy didn't see the messages from Ion that they were looking into. What is the point in being a dick and calling any1 (implicitly) an idiot for not being well informed about upcoming beta changes. Let the people be excited, if they didn't know it was coming it was unexpected for them and there is 0 fucking problem with that

- - - Updated - - -

Well I switched to shadow in legion when they reworked the class and stopped playing it in bfa where most of legion's perks were removed. I haven't polled the community about what they want, and people are always louder when they're asking for something compared to when they're content or happy.

I'm really sad about killing a niche unique fun playstyle tho, because it's not "there for you to enjoy" anymore with the removal of haste (and mass hysteria/Chorus of insanity) stacking during VF. Now LotV is just a simple extend your cooldown that many other classes have.

I saw a lot of people wanting to go back to the version of shadow they enjoyed, but to be honest (for me) the legion iteration was the most unique and crazy thing wow had so far and I'm going to miss it 100%.
    So you stopped playing it after 1 expansion of playing it. You arent even playing it - yet you whine that they change the spec that you dont play - but that most of the community that plays shadow priest want changed.

What the actual.....

Dude who cares what they've said? Sure, there have been hints that they are working on it but it could've been similiar to what they did in BfA 8.1, instead we've got a pretty huge rework because it fundamentally changes the gameplay and class.
    Maybe the guy didn't see the messages from Ion that they were looking into. What is the point in being a dick and calling any1 (implicitly) an idiot for not being well informed about upcoming beta changes. Let the people be excited, if they didn't know it was coming it was unexpected for them and there is 0 fucking problem with that
    But did I call them idiots? And was I the one who is in the way of their excitement? Or was it the other way around? The only person I see here calling names... is you :/

Why is everyone ignoring the fact that the old playstyle will still be implemented via Legacy of the Void for people that like that?
    Now after it hits they're gonna start whining about that talent being 10x better than any other talent and cry over having to play the same thing all over again and it's gonna be fun.

AFter maining SP for like 2 expansions i gave up and started playing melee and i'm happier than ever!!

Hf lads

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    So you stopped playing it after 1 expansion of playing it. You arent even playing it - yet you whine that they change the spec that you dont play - but that most of the community that plays shadow priest want changed.

What the actual.....
    'Most of the community'...based on what exactly? Did you poll the community?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveplay View Post
    Why is everyone ignoring the fact that the old playstyle will still be implemented via Legacy of the Void for people that like that?
    Now after it hits they're gonna start whining about that talent being 10x better than any other talent and cry over having to play the same thing all over again and it's gonna be fun.

AFter maining SP for like 2 expansions i gave up and started playing melee and i'm happier than ever!!

Hf lads
    Because they've made it clear that the playstyle won't be there, it will just be a generic cooldown extension. No Insanity gain from SW: D, no haste stacking, it'll be a heavily neutered version that removes all the fun parts of it. I guarantee Blizzard is doing this so they can just completely remove it later on and say that nobody wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Shadows unique playstyle destroyed because low skilled people can't handle the insanity mechanic. xD
    I would say the opposite it was quite boring and annoying to have to go into void form all the time and I am glad they did this. Priest was my favourite caster but I stopped playing soon as that change happened, I haven't touched them since the legion pre patch. It also has nothing to do with my skill level or anyone else's, this game is a joke regardless of spec or class it has to do with it being needlessly convoluted to do the same thing everybody else does and a play style that's just not fun at the base level. The best version was Shadow orbs and then spending them on devouring plague and the closer we get back to that the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Because they've made it clear that the playstyle won't be there, it will just be a generic cooldown extension. No Insanity gain from SW: D, no haste stacking, it'll be a heavily neutered version that removes all the fun parts of it. I guarantee Blizzard is doing this so they can just completely remove it later on and say that nobody wanted it.
    Good, what is the proper way to handle young children, dangling one thing in front of them and then slowly take away all of their blankies.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I would say the opposite it was quite boring and annoying to have to go into void form all the time and I am glad they did this. Priest was my favourite caster but I stopped playing soon as that change happened, I haven't touched them since the legion pre patch. It also has nothing to do with my skill level or anyone else's, this game is a joke regardless of spec or class it has to do with it being needlessly convoluted to do the same thing everybody else does and a play style that's just not fun at the base level. The best version was Shadow orbs and then spending them on devouring plague and the closer we get back to that the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Good, what is the proper way to handle young children, dangling one thing in front of them and then slowly take away all of their blankies.
    So you don't even play the "new" SP but THINK that it's boring and shit? Dude, what's wrong with people. This is why so many classes are in such a strange position. People who don't even play them comment on how bad they feel.

'Most of the community'...based on what exactly? Did you poll the community?

- - - Updated - - -

The shadow priest has a community based around their discord where anyone interested can join. Thats the community i'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    So you don't even play the "new" SP but THINK that it's boring and shit? Dude, what's wrong with people. This is why so many classes are in such a strange position. People who don't even play them comment on how bad they feel.
    No I did try it and then I tried it again and Legion and it was horrible. I just don't like having to maintain a form or buff like that it's not a fun engaging gameplay style. larger travesty was changing a spec that the vast majority of the player base liked to fit in with their lore better just to realize they never needed to do that in the first place.

I for one am loving the changes. Been playing priest (mainly shadow) since WotLk and the closer we get to the MoP play style the better. The "my class can only be useful during void form"-stuff really bugged me out.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    What are you talking about? They explicitly SAID that there will be changes. Don't be that guy, please?
    Are you new to shadow? Seems so..

No one expected that much changes.. they said something was coming.. but most people already gave up afther so.much feedback and we only had dp and bad version of sw: D.

So you think its strange people are suprised lmao?
    Yea dude dont be that guy.. its annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    These changes are great! Now shadow just needs a couple glyphs for shadow versions of PWS and levitate.
    Agree its long overdue.

Shadow word: barrier ?

The shadow priest has a community based around their discord where anyone interested can join. Thats the community i'm talking about.
    Of which maybe 1% of the actual Shadow playerbase is probably a part. Same with every other class discord.

Of which maybe 1% of the actual Shadow playerbase is probably a part. Same with every other class discord.
    Yes but we are talking about the actua lshadow priest community here. its the place you go if you are interested in shadow priests. Quite literally where the best shadow priests and anyone looking to improve themselves go. its not like its a random forum like mmo-c.

If you dont really care, you dont really care. Thats what it is.

Yes but we are talking about the actua lshadow priest community here. its the place you go if you are interested in shadow priests. Quite literally where the best shadow priests and anyone looking to improve themselves go. its not like its a random forum like mmo-c.

If you dont really care, you dont really care. Thats what it is.
    So just because I'm not in a class discord I suddenly don't care about my favorite class that I played for years, even competitively in PvP? okay, wise man...

Quote Originally Posted by ujellyx View Post
    So just because I'm not in a class discord I suddenly don't care about my favorite class that I played for years, even competitively in PvP? okay, wise man...
    Uh jesus christ let out the cringe people.

The priest discord is the class community for priests - especially in pve. Lets be honest - most people who want to play pvp play a different game.

Class discords are usually mostly for pve people as pvp is a completely different genre. Not that they dont converge - but again - class discords are mostly for pve - the main focus of wow.

Take my response with a grain of salt, but i personally enjoyed the "Insanity/Voidform aspect" of shadow priest compared to most. I've only mained shadow priest in MoP (1/2 main casually) and BFA (full main). As far as rankings go i've achieved top 50 spriests in Ny'alotha. I personally enjoy trying to stay in voidform as long as possible as i feel like that is what separates good shadow priests from mediocre shadow priests. I enjoy the fact that we can kill a boss and i can go "wow i hit 60 stacks on ra-den with my first voidform" and the other spriests go "damn i only got to 50" then finishing the fight parsing much higher then the others. I don't get that feeling from a lot of other classes. Like lets use BM hunter for an example because i have mained that for 10+ years. As BM, playstyle wise, it feels like you just mash buttons, that do average damage, add up, and usually finish in line with all BM hunters within a small variance because there isn't as much reward for playing BM correctly (very hard to misplay as BM). Shadow priest just has a feelgood factor to playing it and rewards you greatly if you play it correctly. That's why i am a fan of the current voidform but i am all for the changes after reading them. Seems they will possibly make spriest very competitive in m+ which i recently started enjoying pushing higher keys upwards of 24s+. The changes will also make shadow feel like a semi-new spec for raiding which can be both a positive and negative depending on how you look at it.

TLDR: I enjoy the current voidform type of style that the spec has because it rewards good gameplay but am completely open to the new changes around the corner. Looking forward more and more to shadowlands!

What the actual.....
    I played it as long as it was fun for me and I am sad that they are moving further away from the legion version instead of returning to it.
    Your use of "whining" is very liberally imo, and I don't understand your hostility. Sure we disagree about which playstyle we enjoy, which is completely normal, and I wasn't shitting on the other side for being stupid or simpletons, merely expressing my sadness for the direction.
    I don't see how it's unrealistic or crazy to hope for changes that bring back something I enjoyed or how right now playing a different version would give me more of a mandate to desire it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Aaaayyyyyeeee. As a priest, I welcome trying these changes! They might need some numbers tweaking, but this is what we've been suggesting for a while. Liking it!
    Half of the fun on the insanity playstyle was removed on BFA when they removed the haste gain per stack of void form, with these changes all the haste is gone and so is the rest of it. It really made me feel like I was going insane with the increased haste in Legion, each stack increased my haste and it felt like I was slowly loosing control, until it got completelly out of hand and I couldn't hold it anymore, it was really fun for me.

I am 10/12 with my priest, I know its nothing to be super proud of but I enjoy playing with my friends more than playing hardcore. Fact is I play priest so don't put me as if I am not talking about my class.

In a design perspective its better to have deep mastery on classes and Void form offers something that no other class does, if I want a cooldown based class or a builder spender I have 20 other classes like that, but the Void Form playstyle is only offered by Shadow Priest. Breath of Syndragosa has some similarities but I prefer ranged.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Well I switched to shadow in legion when they reworked the class and stopped playing it in bfa where most of legion's perks were removed. I haven't polled the community about what they want, and people are always louder when they're asking for something compared to when they're content or happy.

I'm really sad about killing a niche unique fun playstyle tho, because it's not "there for you to enjoy" anymore with the removal of haste (and mass hysteria/Chorus of insanity) stacking during VF. Now LotV is just a simple extend your cooldown that many other classes have.

I saw a lot of people wanting to go back to the version of shadow they enjoyed, but to be honest (for me) the legion iteration was the most unique and crazy thing wow had so far and I'm going to miss it 100%.
    Agree 100%, but now we might have a lot of people wanting the Legion version back since as you said people are most vocal when they are asking for something, those that enjoyed that playstyle were not speaking, but now that its gone they might. That gives me hope of getting Legion version back someday.

- - - Updated - - -

What the actual.....
    "most of be community" source- trust me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    Half of the fun on the insanity playstyle was removed on BFA when they removed the haste gain per stack of void form, with these changes all the haste is gone and so is the rest of it. It really made me feel like I was going insane with the increased haste in Legion, each stack increased my haste and it felt like I was slowly loosing control, until it got completelly out of hand and I couldn't hold it anymore, it was really fun for me.

I am 10/12 with my priest, I know its nothing to be super proud of but I enjoy playing with my friends more than playing hardcore. Fact is I play priest so don't put me as if I am not talking about my class.

In a design perspective its better to have deep mastery on classes and Void form offers something that no other class does, if I want a cooldown based class or a builder spender I have 20 other classes like that, but the Void Form playstyle is only offered by Shadow Priest. Breath of Syndragosa has some similarities but I prefer ranged.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree 100%, but now we might have a lot of people wanting the Legion version back since as you said people are most vocal when they are asking for something, those that enjoyed that playstyle were not speaking, but now that its gone they might. That gives me hope of getting Legion version back someday.

- - - Updated - - -

"most of be community" source- trust me bro.
    I still found the Shadow Orb Devouring Plague play style far more enjoyable, more burst too. Voidform as a big CD is exactly what needed to happen. Have not touched priest since they ruined Shadow in the Legion Pre-Patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If you like shadow orbs playstyle you have +20 specs with the regular builder/spender playstyle. The only other class that has a mechanic even remotely similar to insanity is death knights with the breath of syndragosa but even that is still different...