Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    He talks about token price change :v. But this amount is nothing new, sudden price fluctuations happened each time xpac, or something you could buy with wow gold arrived.
    when we get closer to prepatch prices will likely spike again and stay high. so buying now is probably a good idea if you need them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The problem comes from the way the games are built. In D&D, that requires active effort on the players part to shore up their weaknesses. In WoW, you simply have it. And it would have become a problem had they kept going forward after MoP, because everybody could already do everything, so the only option forward would have been to make them ever more similar.
    wow where everyone has everything would be a fucking mess. the playerbase would find a new metric to choose who gets invited and who doesnt. it wouldnt fix the problem.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Everyone had everything in MoP and the sky did not fall.
    Neither is falling now, looking at quarter report.

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone had everything in MoP and the sky did not fall.
    Oh man, gear was there to mess things up. Rune of Reorigination for Feral, or even better, Unereeing Vision for Demo. Power level of these items was something else.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I know this has probably been said, but is anyone looking forward to corruption going away in 9.0, and I'm also excited for the pre-patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeria View Post
    I know this has probably been said, but is anyone looking forward to corruption going away in 9.0, and I'm also excited for the pre-patch.
    Corruption going in pre-patch means nothing really. Doesn't matter if we loose it then, or month after with xpac launch, and pre-patches are messy anyway with new changes but no new systems yet. It will prolly feel bad to suddenly loose all that % stats.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria View Post
    I'm looking forward to pre-patch just so that I don't have to level toons through that 60-80 bracket anymore.
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Corruption going in pre-patch means nothing really. Doesn't matter if we loose it then, or month after with xpac launch, and pre-patches are messy anyway with new changes but no new systems yet. It will prolly feel bad to suddenly loose all that % stats.
    I would honestly say that I am kinda bummed out corruption is going away, feels like it should have had some time during the pre-patch where corruption is slowly phased out. Simply losing the abilities will feel a bit jarring. Not so much with the infinite stars/Twilight devastation, but more so if you stacked crit/haste corruptions.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, hopefully youre right and it will stay. But still, 50k in few hours? Damn.
    Yep, WoW is in a recession now

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Yep, WoW is in a recession now
    You mean deflation. And it's already back to 183k for some reason, probably few days must pass to stabilize.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    I'm looking forward to pre-patch just so that I don't have to level toons through that 60-80 bracket anymore.
    I'm purposely saving leveling until pre-patch. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You mean deflation. And it's already back to 183k for some reason, probably few days must pass to stabilize.
    Yep, that.

Everyone checking their tokens yesterday:

Also, happy beta wipe day everyone, and good luck and godspeed.

Has there been any relatively solid hints of when xpac launch or at least announcement of date will be? And I don’t mean just trying to do educated guessing based on state of beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Has there been any relatively solid hints of when xpac launch or at least announcement of date will be? And I don’t mean just trying to do educated guessing based on state of beta.
    There's been nothing in regards to when the expansion is dropping other than this year.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    My guess is date reveal on Gamescom (27th August) and expac launch on 10th November. I put few requirements based on BfA/Legion (same or longer Beta, no releases around Thanksgiving/Christmas, same release schedule for raid/season, Q4 release) and it's only date that fits them all. But it's still just a guess.

Heh, just read last part. Well, no real info from Blizzard beside Q4/Fall 2020 release, but it was already confirmed few times.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-08-05 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's a difference between not everybody using everything always, and some abilities having no real purpose whatsoever, or them having little to no creative room left to actually fill without homogenising everything.
    grapple weapon for monks
    allowed for damage reduction on certain bosses with a small dps increase

removed from base and made into a nerfed pvp talent for no reason

chi explosion replaced with WDP for no reason besides to lower the skill ceiling

here are about 3 talents that could work for a monk (only class i really know)
    1. Celestial blessings: Obtain the power of your patron celestial increasing the effectiveness of your signature abilities. WW: FoF and invoke Xuen. BrM: Keg smash and invoke niuzao. MW: Renewing mist and chi-ji

2. Shaori: receiving damage increases your healing and damage by a set % determined by your missing health when used

3. Kensei: if you are using a 2H your attack speed is increased by 50% and your damage is increased by 40%, If you are using 2 1h weapons or a 1h and an oh your attack speed is increased by 40% and damage increased by 50% when used.

- - - Updated - - -

next wave gonna be coming bois

im thinking tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    next wave gonna be coming bois

im thinking tomorrow
    Well, the beta wipe is happening today so...it's pretty likely to happen today.

Also

We want to ensure that players' investment in these Heirlooms continues to offer unique benefits while leveling, so we're planning to replace the experience bonus on Heirlooms with unique Heirloom set bonuses.
    (2) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by 30%.
    (3) Set: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in the outdoors, normal dungeons and battlegrounds.
    (4) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% primary stat for 2 minutes. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 additional minutes.
    (6) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by an additional 30%.
    The new set bonus can be obtained from all Heirloom pieces except weapons and trinkets. Please keep in mind that the new Heirloom set bonuses are a work in progress and may have additional changes during the course of development and testing.
    I...kind of like it? The only thing I don't like is that weapons and trinkets won't count but honestly, you have head, shoulders, back, chest, pants, and necklace and you get the full set.

Weapon and trinkets did not give an exp bonus anyway.
    This is true. I didn't think about that.

Weapon and trinkets did not give an exp bonus anyway.
    The PvP trinkets do, in bgs anyway.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/item...ampion?bonus=0
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/item...ampion?bonus=0

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Well, the beta wipe is happening today so...it's pretty likely to happen today.

Also

I...kind of like it? The only thing I don't like is that weapons and trinkets won't count but honestly, you have head, shoulders, back, chest, pants, and necklace and you get the full set.
    Quite nice, though I feel the rested EXP bonus is a bit lackluster. Not in the sense that it should be stronger, more that the effect doesnt feel as impactful as the others. Would have been better with a slight movement speed increase for the last one at least. Maybe even just mounted movement speed.

The EXP potions being made useless is kinda a bummer though, mostly because I have a spare potion left in my bank since WoD that I have not sold for reasons that elude me. Will hopefully manage to sell it quickly before the price crashes completely.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Quite nice, though I feel the rested EXP bonus is a bit lackluster. Not in the sense that it should be stronger, more that the effect doesnt feel as impactful as the others. Would have been better with a slight movement speed increase for the last one at least. Maybe even just mounted movement speed.

The EXP potions being made useless is kinda a bummer though, mostly because I have a spare potion left in my bank since WoD that I have not sold for reasons that elude me. Will hopefully manage to sell it quickly before the price crashes completely.
    I actually think the rested xp bonus would work out pretty nice. It's fairly easy for even a casual player to get 2 heirloom items and to stretch your rested xp just a bit further is still a big boon.

Edit: I wish that the 6 piece just gave a straight up xp buff but still...I think having rested xp stretched further is a nice addition.
    Last edited by gunner_recall; 2020-08-05 at 05:58 PM.